Game Day Cowboys vs Green Bay Post Game Thread

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Been watching football for over 50 years and I have never seen a meaningless win yet.

What exactly did beating the Skins accomplish?

Thanks to the Eagles and Commanders sacking up today and us not, we have almost no chance to go to the playoffs so any wins at this point is just cosmetic.

Is that what we are now reduced to, rooting for cosmetic wins?

Sasquatch

Lost in the Woods
Reaction score
Can we put the "Cassell just needs more exposure to the offense" nonsense to rest now?

Last edited:

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
Yeesh you guys are negative, glad you're not the GM. Though I don't love ours! But he is allowed to do whatever he wants.

I thought the defense has shown something the last couple games. With a top 5 or 10 pick on D, a new safety, Scandrick back, and a healthy Romo next year, I think we're looking at a good season next year unless disaster strikes like this one, but mean reversion hopefully takes care of this dumpster fire. We won't be this unlucky on turnovers either.

This one was a rough season so I understand the frustration, but there is no reason to start from square 1 as long as we have Romo.

http://i1133.***BLOCKED***/albums/m600/DWAREZIZ/jerry-jones-laugh.jpg

http://i1133.***BLOCKED***/albums/m600/DWAREZIZ/a0493d070e6c5d0a79fdb30d292133ce.gif

http://i1133.***BLOCKED***/albums/m600/DWAREZIZ/garretts1stgame.jpg

Novacek84

Reaction score
Someone in the media needs to ask Garrett how this team is supposed to get better looking at the tape. They allegedly do this every week and it's produced 4-9 so far. Even if they win out they are still a 7-9 losing team. Yeah, they don't have a QB but we heard the same garbage with Tony during the 8-8 campaigns.

utrunner07

Reaction score
sean payton

SEAN PAYTON

This is just like all those that wanted castle in for weeden, u are just throwing a name out there without any idea that it would be better, change for changes sake is not the answer

George

a legend in your own mind
Reaction score
sean payton

SEAN PAYTON

Why? He won't be able to make the decisions regarding personnel. Jerry will not give up gm power. Parcells and Jimmy were flukes. Payton won't get that kind of power. When Jerry gives up control to a proven coach, we will get better. Until that happens, we will have mediocrity.

DTown214

Reaction score
It's not hate. He's our top talent but he literally dropped 4 passes in big times and he was lazy in routes today. No clue what was going on

Of course he had a bad game today... no denying that. But people saying that we shouldn't have given him the contract and that he sucks is just stupid.

Killerinstinct

Reaction score
The offense simply can't do anything and I don't care for the defensive scheme either. Never has the opponents off balance and doesn't force turnovers. This team is just hard to watch. I am a little sick of Dez's shtick too. You want the ball. Then freaking catch it!

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
All in all, this season is not a total wash.

We got good adversity snaps for the defense.

Maybe when they get a competent offense next year, they can respond.

unionjack8

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
They thought last year's game plans would work rhe same. Absolutely ZERO movement in the game plans on how we play the game. They thought the rest of the league couldn't see what we did. Dumb from top to bottom.

Cmac

Reaction score
I'm really coming around to the idea that our losses have been due to the lack of offensive and defensive game planning. I don't think we overrated our talent (although there is room for improvement at certain positions) but I do believe we are behind the curve with our strats on both sides of the ball. Other teams are doing more with less as a result of scheme. As someone stated in another thread our strats require our players to be a superior player with the "beat the guy in front of you" mentality l which is not realistic in today's NFL. Today's NFL requires more strategic planning and gimmicks to succeed. It makes sense because card games such as Magic the gathering and hearthstone are similar to the NFL because it's a copy cat kind of game such as the NFL. The teams that are good (as well as decks used for the above card games) succeed because they are not doing what everyone else does and tries to innovate to be ahead of everyone else.

tl;dr

We lose due to lack of game planning and the plays we run plan on both sides of the ball. Not talent.

Stevie Wonder says the same.