Game Day ***Cowboys vs Lions post game thread ***

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Been waiting a long time for some karmic payback for the 12 men on the field non-call in 1981.

It was worth the wait.

Arrrrrggggghhhh! I was there! What a trauma for a 18 year-old girl. Dallas has had some horrible luck against Detroit through the years. Today made up for a lot of that.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Romo's second half = 11 of 15, 144 yards, 1 TD, 125.4 rating

Stafford's second half = 11 of 18, 132 yards, 0 TD, 1 INT, 60.4 rating (plus two lost fumbles)

Did you hear what Tony Romo said in his press conference? He said there were some plays where he could have stuck the ball in a tight hole, but it also could have been a pick six for the Lions. So he just ate the ball, and let the team (defense) do its job to get the ball back.

Michael Irvin then said, "Did you hear what Tony said." "BAM!!" (Irvin's exact word). Then he goes on to praise Tony for finally getting it and letting his team do its job rather than feeling he has to do it.

That was an insightful assessment by Romo and insightful commentary by Irvin.

Ren

Reaction score
After they failed to score following the 3rd qtr int, I thought everything was going downhill from there. Kudos to this team for fighting and finishing. And how about that Dlaw? What a perfect time for a coming out party.

He was good on the final drive not just that play. It would be beyond huge if he's starting to come along now

JS22

Reaction score
First First game in a long time where I was fist pumping and cheering after good plays and cussing at bad plays to the point my one dog was scared and hid in another room lol

Yeah I threw out multiple F-bombs to the surprise of my girlfriend.

Also, note to all women (as well as men), never tell someone to "calm down" during a football game as stressful as this one. It's going to have the reverse effect every single time.

dfan32

Reaction score
The haters and Lions fans can cry all they want about the flag being picked up. They all got a huge gift when the Suh suspension was reduced to just a fine. Don't want to hear it.

That was rediculous. He has done it so many times now it's a joke. One game isn't enough. I mean he's done it like 4 or 5 times.

lukin1966

Reaction score
Crazy game. I'm in the Detroit market radio wise, so I can guarantee all they'll do all week is moan about the PI that wasn't called ... Hehehe. Hardly anyone on Detroit sports radio will focus on all the other missed opportunities the lions had to extend the lead or win the game, or any missed calls, borderline calls that helped the lions during the game, hehehe. I am starting to believe this team is different, I'm not sure if last years team or previous years team come back and win.

kimrose

Reaction score
Maybe because it was the last controversial call, but anyone who saw that game has to admit that Dallas got shafted just as much as Detroit.

They did. They did. I don't even care anymore what they talk about. I can hardly pay attention at this point anyway. lol.

Hey, just wanted to say that I like your sig pic. Very cute teddy bear with a very cute girl.;)

TX_Yid

Reaction score
Yeah I threw out multiple F-bombs to the surprise of my girlfriend.

Also, note to all women (as well as men), never tell someone to "calm down" during a football game as stressful as this one. It's going to have the reverse effect every single time.

My wife, in her eternal wisdom, left me well alone as I approached apocalyptic levels of reaction in the 4th. That's a smart woman I married.

Wheeltax

Reaction score
The narrative is already being turned into how Dallas was gifted the game by the refs.

Maybe DET should have scored more than 3 points in the second half, then you don't have to worry about one bad call affecting your game. Boohoo.

crying-asian-man-o.gif

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Jason Whitlock is on Twitter bringing up that apparently the VP of officials was in Cowboys Party Bus in August. He tweeted it a couple of times trying to get traction

I aint gonna criticize Jerry Jones for trying to create an advantage. ;)

irishline

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Yes he was but hey it went Dallas's way. I'm ok with it. At the very least he was face guarding. That plays a penalty 9 out of 10 times

If you watch the replay (and someone before me mentioned it) Hitchens was pulled into the receiver and the contact by his facemask (by the receiver). My 70 year old father was screaming about it while Pereira was explaining why it should have been a PI and it was showing it clear as day on the replay at the same time. Father had me scarred for his health LOL, and he isn't even a Cowboy fan.

It was the right no call given the amount of contact by both players.

JS22

Reaction score
My wife, in her eternal wisdom, left me well alone as I approached apocalyptic levels of reaction in the 4th. That's a smart woman I married.

The funny thing is, she yells at the TV more than I do during Cowboys games. I've always been the calm, quiet one.

I think I about had a heart attack today though.