Game Day ***Cowboys vs Lions post game thread ***

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You sound like sour grapes. Calls are missed on both side of the ball for both teams every week. They could probably call holding on every play for every team. I admit it looked very peculiar but cheating??? You can have the last word. I don't want your realism frackin' up my victory buzz.

No, I sound like a fair fan. Not the homer patrol that you lead.

This is why I am right far more than you'll ever be. I can admit things that aren't convenient for my football team.

Fastphilly

Reaction score
A video has already been posted showing the clear facemask.
The facemask wasn't called. PI was called and since when do refs look at the jumbotron after announcing the penaltiy and realizing they missed something that also could have been called and go back and re-evaluate the call? Not happening.

unsportsmanlikeconduct

Reaction score
Because it's irrelevant to whether the Cowboys got a gift on that late call that decided the game.

You don't have to review the entire game to determine whether the officials blew that one particular call in crunch time.

Decided the game, huh? So, tell me what would have taken place after that play had it gone against the Cowboys. I would love to know. Detroit could have fumbled or thrown an interception on the very next play.

Bizwah

Reaction score
Lets be real. It was a bad call. But there are bad calls and no calls in every game. We've had our share go against us. We can easily point to calls in our history that would've changed the game...changed our history.

Bad call on Benny Barnes
The official "blocking" for Franco Harris
Drew Pearson possibly pushing off
Bad unsportsmanlike call on Flozell in 2007 playoff game

These things happen. It's a part of the game. What about Pittsburgh a few years ago vs the Ravens? The Jets and Vinny's rushing TDthat shouldn't have counted?

The point is, Detroit was still ahead with plenty of time. They could have won going away. That one call did not end the game....they still had several opportunities to win.

robjgrif

Reaction score
I watched the game with a lion fan today.... He went home cursing ;)

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The facemask wasn't called. PI was called and since when do refs look at the jumbotron after announcing the penaltiy and realizing they missed something that also could have been called and go back and re-evaluate the call? Not happening.

If you watched the whole game you also saw plenty of other bull. Some of it benefited the Lions. The game was horribly officiated, but I'm not gonna let fans of other teams take away my joy over a big win in Cowboys history.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No question about it. Hand on facemask during atleast half the flight of the ball. The first contact Hitchens makes is when his arm goes up inside the receivers arm in an attempt to get it off his mask! Aft

The first contact he made was he clutched his jersey to keep him from separating. Then he contacts his shoulder.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Exactly right.

But you're talking to people incapable of being objective.

Also, they wouldn't see a facemask and pick up the flag. They'd call both and play the down over.

DenCWBY

Reaction score
Please. Just stop. This is why fans can't be taken seriously. That was a clear PI on Hitchens. It was called. For whatever reason they picked up the flag. Very, very late too.

If you can't admit that was a horrible decision in our favor then you can't look at it objectively.

Yes it was a controversial call and there are tons of these same bad calls within a game in the playoffs and throughout the year and it balances out. It by definition was interference but you see that interference is the most inconsistent penalty called in the game. Perhaps this game will make it a challengeable call in the future? Yes it had a bearing on the game but it didn't cause the Lions to lose. They had a chance to win and came up short, like it or not move on.