Game Day ***Cowboys vs Lions post game thread ***

Wolf2k5

Reaction score
I honestly don't agree with that being PI even with the new rules. It looked like DET player had his hands all over Hitchens and even a finger in Facemask at one point. Can't expect a head turn

BigWillie

Reaction score
These announcers are gonna talk about that flag, but I don't wanna hear it. Whether you've seen them do that before or not, it was the right call. That was NOT pass interference.

That's probably the most funny part about it. People are whining that the refs made the right call, instead of the wrong call.

mahoneybill

Reaction score
Does Someone have a .Gif of that Romo celebration? That may be the greatest celebration of all time. lol

Agree. Also following that tackle to the back by the Detroit player on that throw looked to me like he tried to take him out of the game.

Anyone else see it that way ?

30yrheel

Reaction score
Actions that constitute defensive pass interference include but are not limited to:

(a) Contact by a defender who is not playing the ball and such contact restricts the receiver’s opportunity to make the catch.

(b) Playing through the back of a receiver in an attempt to make a play on the ball.

(c) Grabbing a receiver’s arm(s) in such a manner that restricts his opportunity to catch a pass.

(d) Extending an arm across the body of a receiver thus restricting his ability to catch a pass, regardless of whether the defender is playing the ball.

(e) Cutting off the path of a receiver by making contact with him without playing the ball.

(f) Hooking a receiver in an attempt to get to the ball in such a manner that it causes the receiver’s body to turn prior to the ball arriving.

The only one that is even applicable is a) and that's disputable.

The ball hit the defender in the back while he was running after the receiver. He wasn't even face guarding.

There was no way that was pass interference and the flag shouldn't have been thrown in the first place.

87 pulled Hitchens' facemask

mahoneybill

Reaction score
These announcers are gonna talk about that flag, but I don't wanna hear it. Whether you've seen them do that before or not, it was the right call. That was NOT pass interference.

That's probably the most funny part about it. People are whining that the refs made the right call, instead of the wrong call.

Especially since the receiver was pushing off and the ball was uncatchable.

mldardy

Reaction score
I've never seen Romo this emotional. I'm in heaven.

This guy was a huge relief for him and this franchise. It's like the pressure was so big to win this game and now at least I hope he and this team can relax a little bit going into the next game and it will be on the road. Playing this game at home and no doubt playing the toughest wild card opponent of any team this weekend and all the pressure to win a playoff game is a huge relief.

Wizarus

Reaction score
No more 1 playoff in 17 years bs. This is truly a different team.

crashintonickdm

Reaction score
8-0 on road vs. 8-0 at home.

i cannot wait. this team is just so inspiring. they never quit, and they play hard and hard, and for our QB, thank you.