Cowboys will honor Zeke on Sunday

Pass2Run

Reaction score

It sounds like the Cowboys will do something to honor Ezekiel Elliott before Sunday's game at AT&T Stadium. When asked about it, Cowboys owner Jerry Jones on @1053thefan declined to comment, saying, "I don't want to blow a surprise."

Jerry on Zeke: "As far as a back that the opposing team hates to tackle, I think he's at the top of the list. Zeke took a toll on those defensive players. I'll always remember that."

Class!

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Doesn't make sense to honor an active player who's not currently on your team like that XD And I like Zeke, but ultimately I feel the 2016 class didn't live up to its full potential, so we are honoring what exactly?
It is unusual...but...

Maybe Jerry trying to show alleged fans it's okay to appreciate former Cowboys? Like have some civility about it?

Very lacking here...not surprisingly.

We only ruined his career why not make fun of his head and ewoks and really show zeke whats what. That makes us better fans and better human beings. Plus we'll look so cool and FUNNY!

"aw steve chill out...we are GOOD people! Just kidding around and having fun yay!"

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What the hell. He was a Cowboys player, an integral part at that. Did you feel the same way after Tiny went to Denver or Emmitt to Arizona?
They think they are cool.

Humans are funny, odd creatures. Millions of years of evolution, perhaps thousands of years of divine inspiration and we get "big head" and "ewoks".

Okay then...progress yippee.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
While Zeke basks in Jerry's glory, Will Grier will be reminding Belichick what all of Dallas' offensive signals are.
Not sure what planet you are from...maybe Opposite Day Planet?

the players bask in Jerry's money.

JERRY...basks in players glory.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Zeke would have to break one over 20. Not in his repertoire.
We will see...remember last week when we said Jets defense was stout? Zeke put up 80 yards with 4.4 per carry on them this week,

It doesn't really matter to much to me....those "break one off" guys that need ten carries to do it. Keep your average 4-5 and you move the chains.

JustChip

Reaction score
They think they are cool.

Humans are funny, odd creatures. Millions of years of evolution, perhaps thousands of years of divine inspiration and we get "big head" and "ewoks".

Okay then...progress yippee.
Yeah. I don’t get it. Sure, the didn’t win a Super Bowl while he was here, but neither did Romo or Ware. I know many are butt hurt over his hold out, but I guarantee most, if not all, of them would’ve done the same. Shoot, the UAW is doing the same right now. The Cowboys didn’t have to acquiesce and give hime an extension.

I’ll be at the game Sunday and I will be shocked if he doesn’t get a warm reception.

Rayman70

Reaction score
It’s more than likely going to be a 3-5 minute video pre game it’s not like they’re going to let him do a speech lol
think about it, Jerry has never let Jimmy back to let him speak, or to be honored in anyway. Yet we gonna honor a player that never won anything? Hows this even make sense? Did I mention that Zeke wants 2 beat us? Jerry is a dumb *** with a big stubborn ego. He drafted him, so this is Jerry patting himself on his own back by doing this. this is much more about JERRY than Zeke.

Rayman70

Reaction score
dang, what's up with all the hate? He was the backbone who carried the offense for years.
honoring the guy while he comes here 2 beat us is dumb. What did Zeke win while here? He was a great player here. 1000%. But kissing his arse 2 make Jerry feel good sucks. This is about JERRY JONES. In Jerrys mind, this validates the idea JERRY is a football guy. This just stinks.

Rayman70

Reaction score
You know how these dudes are, crabs
0 issue honoring him at all. I take issue doing it while he comes here 2 beat us. Then couple that with the fact Jerry hasn't honored the 1 man that guided us 2 Super Bowl relevance in the 90's. Jerry is doing it all backwards and it stinks. This would be like San Fran honoring Dein Sanders after we sign him in Dallas. Shiet like this is why the team is mentally soft. Its the Jerry way.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Lol this is ridiculous, honor a player who had 3 good seasons
THIS. Its because JERRY drafted him. This is 2 validate JERRY. This old ****** fool is why we wont win the SB again. We are dysfunctional. Jerry lacks 1 ounce of humility.

CCBoy

Reaction score
THIS. Its because JERRY drafted him. This is 2 validate JERRY. This old ****** fool is why we wont win the SB again. We are dysfunctional. Jerry lacks 1 ounce of humility.
Not at all, he rewards players that weren't disrespectful and produced at top levels. That is called, instead, integrity and not another form of a fan's vanity.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
honoring the guy while he comes here 2 beat us is dumb. What did Zeke win while here? He was a great player here. 1000%. But kissing his arse 2 make Jerry feel good sucks. This is about JERRY JONES. In Jerrys mind, this validates the idea JERRY is a football guy. This just stinks.
you Jerry hater. He made Jimmy. Then Jimmy's ego made him quit when he couldn't get all the credit. :)