***Cowboyszone Mock Draft Discussion Thread***

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
Dallas trades #11 for #27, #59 and a 2006 2nd round pick from the Falcons.

Atlanta is making their pick right now.

Tio

Armchair QB
Reaction score
Cbz40 said:
We will stick to the 3 hr. limit.

It was wrong of me to change the rule once the draft began.........
Can it atleast be reduced by 1 hour. I don't want to have to wait till midnight if 1 person forgets about some family trip.

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
I will get the updates posted as soon as I can get a mod to do it.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Tio said:
Sean Salisbury is reporting rumors of a pie threat from the panthers if the cowboys do not hurry up...
You got that right brother.

BTW.......Tio and I are burning up the phone lines with trade offers. That 14th pick is a hot one so you better get in while you can.

Avery

Reaction score
The Falcons have selected David Pollack at #11. San Diego is on the clock.

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
Tio said:
Can it atleast be reduced by 1 hour. I don't want to have to wait till midnight if 1 person forgets about some family trip.

It is unfair to change rules in the middle of a round.......I should have know better.

Avery and myself will consider a time change for RD #2

Avery

Reaction score
Werder reports that the Cowboys war room was extremely active after the contreversial Commanders pick was finally made. It appears that their pick was not official and was not given clearance by the team. Jones was said to be dismayed after the pick was overturned and immediately began fielding offers for the pick.

Avery

Reaction score
jksmith269 said:
Did you trade your pick to atlanta?

As posted above, yes. The trade parameters are listed on this page.

jksmith269

Proud Navy Veteran 1990-1995
Reaction score
Avery said:
As posted above, yes. The trade parameters are listed on this page.

I know the trade parameters I was just asking if you traded your pick or did you forget what team you had being gone so long I thought it may have slipped your mind..... :)

St. Richard

Reaction score
Better get those deals in while you can. Avery and the others I was dealing with -- thanks for playing. The Falcons are in need of a speed rusher and I think they will be afraid that the ones they would be interested will be long gone by #27 with no suitable developmental guys later in the draft. DE is just one big question mark in this draft as are the 3-4 LBs. Pollack is the kind of guy that will give a team flexibility on defense. I don't know that he will really go this high (or higher) in the real draft, but I believe the Falcons are going to have to move up to get the guy they want.

Avery

Reaction score
RESIN8 said:
nice move, get out of that pick..

The Cowboys were said to be salivating after Merriman but once that fell through, they felt that no player merited the #11 pick. BP decided that the team could still wind up with the players they want in the latter portion of the first round. They also picked up an additional second and a second round pick next year.