CowboysZone Movie Genre Tournament Feedback Thread (Winner Post 342)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
tourney ideas...
•classic monster movie mayhem....32 monster movies clash for the title.
•songs by decades...50s v 60s v 70s v 80s...Elvis cuts down the nets.
•albums by decade...same as above
•battle of the bands
Bookmarked.

I must admit saying I extremely doubt Elvis will cut down the nets in a songs by decades tournament. Elvis Presley was The KIng. You are definitely one of his biggest fans. However, music appreciation is very varied and there are too many songs from each of those decades you mentioned, and the artists who created them, that could possibly be overlooked.

UNLESS it is a tournament of one member voting in it. :p

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Bookmarked.

I must admit saying I extremely doubt Elvis will cut down the nets in a songs by decades tournament. Elvis Presley was The KIng. You are definitely one of his biggest fans. However, music appreciation is very varied and there are too many songs from each of those decades you mentioned, and the artists who created them, that could possibly be overlooked.

Ooh ooh ooh!! How about this for a tournament idea?: Stuff @cowboyec likes more than most other people! :laugh::lmao::lmao2:

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
tourney ideas...
•classic monster movie mayhem....32 monster movies clash for the title.
•songs by decades...50s v 60s v 70s v 80s...Elvis cuts down the nets.
•albums by decade...same as above
•battle of the bands
Not so fast there, hot stuff, Elvis might MIGHT take the 50's but with Buddy Holly, Roy Orbison and Chuck Berry in the mix, that is doubtful. He wouldn't even be a contender in the 60's, and don't you go with a discography up here because I know you can. The Beatles would take the 60's hands down and they should.

If we do the 60's, I suggest we take them out of the competition and that will give us a tighter competition with American like the Beach Boys and Neil Diamond, along with Soul, Motown (Blue eyed soul) and British Invasion.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Bookmarked.

If Elvis is involved, don't underestimate ec. If Elvis were alive and a hostage of the Taliban, he'd be back home in 48 hours and there wouldn't be a Taliban left. Afghanistan would be a Hunk A Burning country.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Not so fast there, hot stuff, Elvis might MIGHT take the 50's but with Buddy Holly, Roy Orbison and Chuck Berry in the mix, that is doubtful. He wouldn't even be a contender in the 60's, and don't you go with a discography up here because I know you can. The Beatles would take the 60's hands down and they should.

If we do the 60's, I suggest we take them out of the competition and that will give us a tighter competition with American like the Beach Boys and Neil Diamond, along with Soul, Motown (Blue eyed soul) and British Invasion.
You don't think the Stones would give the Beatles a run? This is an opinion tournament, after all. There's no doubt the Beatles were the most influential group of the 60's, and probably all time, but here in the Zone, opinions are like sphincters: All but mine stink.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
The Big Lebowski, one of the most quoted movies ever, didn't make the cut?

image.jpg

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You don't think the Stones would give the Beatles a run? This is an opinion tournament, after all. There's no doubt the Beatles were the most influential group of the 60's, and probably all time, but here in the Zone, opinions are like sphincters: All but mine stink.
I am a Rocker not a Mod, Stones all the way for me but I could not vote for them ahead of The Beatles. They were the most influential of all time and continue to be so.

There's not been anything like them in my lifetime and not just music but culture, lifestyle and one of them is as responsible for drawing an end to a war as anyone else. Runny, they're not music, I can't even describe what they are but there's nothing I've ever seen like them. When the last one passes, there will be a worldwide mourning unlike anything we've ever seen and a lot of those people will have been born in the last 50 years.

When I think of what they gave me with just two albums, Sgt. Pepper and Magical Mystery Tour, and opened up a whole new world of musicians that used their creativity as a springboard to create a whole new world of music, they have no equal. It's not just them but what they started.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I'm guessing that's from the movie? I only saw it once,and it didn't do much for me.

It is pretty good but it takes a few watches to really appreciate it. It has a great cast and one-liners but it isn’t anywhere near my top 10 favorite comedies.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Big Lebowski, one of the most quoted movies ever, didn't make the cut?

image.jpg
Answer: One of CowboysZone's most important members, Roadtrip635, did not nominate it. ;)

Here is the complete list of films nominated for the tournament:

https://cowboyszone.com/threads/cow...-results-post-162.460077/page-5#post-10281356

The tournament has four regions of Comedy, Westerns, Horror/Sci-Fi and Action/Adventure. The top eight voted movies of those four genres filled the regions. Each participating member nominated 32 films. Each nomination, numbered 1 through 32, received points from 32 to 1.\

If a participating member had listed The Big Lebowski as #1 or 2 on their ballot list, the movie would have made this tournament. Doing so would have knocked out a movie out of the tournament but Darko is not REALLY a comedy anyway. :muttley:

cowboyec

Reaction score

•its now or never
•are you lonesome tonight
•surrender
•his latest flame
•little sister
•cant help falling in love
•return to sender
•she's not you
•such an easy question
•bosa nova baby
•devil in disguise
•it hurts me
•guitar man
•big boss man
•memories
•if i can dream
•a little less conversation
•clean up your own backyard
•us male
•too much monkey business
•in the ghetto
•any day now
•suspucious minds
•you'll think of me
•kentucky rain

and thats just the 60s.
:bow:THE KING FOR A REASON:bow:

cowboyec

Reaction score

no.
keep them in.
i want no room for "but...but" when Elvis goes FULL TIGER MAN on the whole damn thing.
:starspin:TcB:starspin:

cowboyec

Reaction score
Elvis' top 40 by decade...
•50's...32 songs
•60's...50 songs
•70's...18 songs

1 billion record sales world wide.
CONFIRMED.
2020....STILL THE KING.
:bow:FOR A REASON:bow:

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
•its now or never
•are you lonesome tonight
•surrender
•his latest flame
•little sister
•cant help falling in love
•return to sender
•she's not you
•such an easy question
•bosa nova baby
•devil in disguise
•it hurts me
•guitar man
•big boss man
•memories
•if i can dream
•a little less conversation
•clean up your own backyard
•us male
•too much monkey business
•in the ghetto
•any day now
•suspucious minds
•you'll think of me
•kentucky rain

and thats just the 60s.
:bow:THE KING FOR A REASON:bow:
Theme from A Summer Place, Percy Faith
He'll Have to Go, Jim Reeves
Tossin' and Turnin', Bobby Lewis
I Fall to Pieces, Patsy Cline
Stranger on the Shore, Acker Bilk
I Can't Stop Loving You, Ray Charles
Surfin' U.S.A., The Beach Boys
The End of the World, Skeeter Davis
I Want to Hold Your Hand, The Beatles
She Loves You, The Beatles
Wooly Bully, Sam the Sham and the Pharaohs
I Can't Help Myself (Sugar Pie Honey Bunch), Four Tops
California Dreamin', The Mamas & the Papas
96 Tears, ? and the Mysterians
To Sir With Love, Lulu
The Letter, The Box Tops
Hey Jude, The Beatles
Love is Blue, Paul Mauriat
Sugar, Sugar, The Archies
Aquarius/Let the Sunshine In, The 5th Dimension

and that's just the #1 and #2 year-end singles hits for each year in the 1960's.

:bow:MANY OTHER ARTISTS FOR A REASON:bow:

cowboyec

Reaction score
Theme from A Summer Place, Percy Faith
He'll Have to Go, Jim Reeves
Tossin' and Turnin', Bobby Lewis
I Fall to Pieces, Patsy Cline
Stranger on the Shore, Acker Bilk
I Can't Stop Loving You, Ray Charles
Surfin' U.S.A., The Beach Boys
The End of the World, Skeeter Davis
I Want to Hold Your Hand, The Beatles
She Loves You, The Beatles
Wooly Bully, Sam the Sham and the Pharaohs
I Can't Help Myself (Sugar Pie Honey Bunch), Four Tops
California Dreamin', The Mamas & the Papas
96 Tears, ? and the Mysterians
To Sir With Love, Lulu
The Letter, The Box Tops
Hey Jude, The Beatles
Love is Blue, Paul Mauriat
Sugar, Sugar, The Archies
Aquarius/Let the Sunshine In, The 5th Dimension

and that's just the #1 and #2 year-end singles hits for each year in the 1960's.

:bow:MANY OTHER ARTISTS FOR A REASON:bow:
i will fight hell with a water pistol for you.
but my eye is starting to twitch...like Eastwood.
you do a songs by decade tourney....and i implore you....with tears....heed my warning.
THE HOUND DOG IS COMIN'.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
i will fight hell with a water pistol for you.
but my eye is starting to twitch...like Eastwood.
you do a songs by decade tourney....and i implore you....with tears....heed my warning.
THE HOUND DOG IS COMIN'.
The outcome will prove VERY interesting if the membership votes best songs by decade for the next tournament. :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.