Video: Cowherd: Dallas will become better after EzE

GMO415

Reaction score
Its much cheaper to just invest in the position every other draft, just take a RB in the draft, never use a 1st round pick, that was the first mistake, the second will be paying Zeke.
Never pay a RB a 2nd contract,, this isn't rocket science nor is it personal. Its basic business, basic salary cap economics.
Selecting him was insurance for Tony. I don't regret the pick.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
I have little patience for knucklehead players who create unnecessary drama:

Terrell Owens
Dez Bryant
Antonio Brown
LeVeon Bell

Four examples of talented guys with the maturity level of a 12 year old, who - not coincidentally - have zero SB rings between them. I haven't decided if Zeke is one of those guys but that it's even a question isn't good. If he actually does hold out, then he probably joins the club. We'll see.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
I was for letting TO go but it didn't work out that well for us...a bunch of 8-8 years.

Defense rankings those three 8-8 years:

16th
24th
26th

Offense rankings:

11th
6th
16th

Letting TO go wasn't the problem. Defense, as has been the case most years the Cowboys fall short this century, was the problem.

Bigdog

Reaction score
Fans/media seem to overlook these type RBs don't grow on trees........it's one thing find/have one but rare to have plays consistently at a high level in all three phases of their position.
Agree. He did say he has been doing it at high level since he has enter the league.

408Cowboy

Reaction score
I don't believe the hype that he'll hold out, but if he does..... you'll be glued to every sports outlet. Boring now till shhhh hits the fan.
I don't watch sports talk shows or listen to them. I come here to laugh and talk ****

ESisback

Reaction score
Cowherd is right about some of it. Zeke IS immature. Every year it’s SOMETHING. Also, many teams have won without superstar RBs. Zeke’s awesome, but DeMarco Murray had great success behind this line. Zeke has two years left on his rookie contract, and is already wealthy and famous. Ego and greed.

kskboys

Reaction score
Possibly. Wouldn't be the first time that a team dumped a talented player and then got better. And there's a myriad of reasons as to why in each case.

Is Zeke one such? No idea, because we really don't hear of him causing issues in the locker room. Maybe he does and they're just keeping it quiet?

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
If you watch the video (you obviously didn't) he spends a few minutes explaining how the NBA is different than the NFL, and he's right by the way.

I can see with my eyes holmes, I know the d--difference don't need anyone telling me that. Please

JayFord

Reaction score
Well here we go again

Im trying to get money for a vacation what can I do to earn more? HA!! I got it

“COwBoyZ Be BeDDA wiFFout EllIOtt’

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Selecting him was insurance for Tony. I don't regret the pick.
The reason they took him at 4th was because of his blocking and receiving skills as he was regarded as one of the best all around backs in the last 10 years.

It is not about the value of Elliott but what effect does having him as a top 3 paid RB do to the team? We can't really discuss one player because it's multiple players that will be involved. If we feel this D is getting close, all it will take to put that further way will be have triplets in the top 5 paid. These 3 could take as much as 35% of the cap.

And while I may sound like a broken record, I look to the one guy that has proven he knows how to work the cap to get the best team on the field and I ask myself 'what would Belichick do'? I know the answer to that regarding Elliott and Prescott and Cooper and for sure, Lawrence.

Dre11

Reaction score
NFL they are all good RBs.

Volume leads to production in the nfl.

And yes I’ve played real football and playing real football has nothing to do with the common knowledge that RB is the easiest position to replace but I’m also talking to the guy who thinks Garrett is a good coach.

There is no common knowledge that it's the easiest position if that was the case all teams would have good running backs. And yes most in the league would say Garrett is a good coach. Is he great or elite? No, but he is a good coach. We'd get a 1 for Zeke, which makes him an elite player. As far as volume , not many rbs can handle Zekes volume and stay on the field.

Dre11

Reaction score
With Garrett coaching it’s probably a big deal but with any other coach the loss of Zeke wouldn’t be a big deal.

We also have nothing behind Zeke. I don’t even know who our backup RB even is.

It has nothing to do with coaching, that's your dumb go to with everything. ....lol

Dre11

Reaction score
Then that’s great too.. He gets exposed and we don’t have to pay him.

We could potentially get a haul for Zeke.

Not pay Dak the silly money he is asking for.

Garrett could possibly get fired too?

I’m all for those things.

For someone who cries about winning, yet you want to get rid of all the players...lol