Video: Cowherd: Dallas will become better after EzE

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
Zeke is a knucklehead that plays the easiest position in football to replace.

If someone offers us some premium picks I’m fine with letting him go. Let someone else deal with him.
This team doesn’t go anywhere without a stud running back. It’s the one thing that can overcome the huge lack of a poor head coach. Zeke is not what he was supposed to be and probably never will be because he is a tool but he’s still better than 90% of the rest of the league and you can’t just plug and play anyone with us like many think you can do.

Hadenough

Reaction score
LOL... Zeke is not going into his 5th year, he's going into his 4th year so the team has two years left on his contract. Curtis Martin was, IMO, the best RB the Patriots ever had. He was going into his 4th season when he joined the Jets. I mean, it happens, Pats don't allow things to influence them. They usually make good business decisions.
I think a lot of those good business decisions are easier for the Pats because they keep things on a a business level but Jerry likes to actually develop personal relationships with his stars.

Hadenough

Reaction score
I loved Zeke during his rookie year. I began to lose respect for him early in his second season when he quit on the field during the blowout loss at Denver. His 6-game suspension that year deepened my ambivalence towards him. If he tries holding out I hope the Cowboys stop putting up with his nonsense. Trade him, or let him sit out the season like Le’Veon bell.
I hear that! I think Zeke just lacks some maturity and he will come around.

Dre11

Reaction score
Nope. This was never about players of Zeke's caliber. That's made up. This was strictly about letting quality players walk. You then changed it to in their prime. Now you're trying to change it to only players of Zeke's caliber.

Give it up, you were wrong.

There is no common knowledge that it's the easiest position if that was the case all teams would have good running backs. And yes most in the league would say Garrett is a good coach. Is he great or elite? No, but he is a good coach. We'd get a 1 for Zeke, which makes him an elite player. As far as volume , not many rbs can handle Zekes volume and stay on the field

hate when *******es who have no clue about football. How could you fix your mouth to say taking away one of the best players in the league off your team makes you better....lol

Brady? Gronk? Elderman? They don't move their best.

No that was your interpretation. This was always about Zeke. In fact, my exact words were letting their Best players walk. My qoutes above

Dre11

Reaction score
Here it is, Dre. You specifically referred to them as "their best". Your words.

Once again, give it up, you were wrong.

Exactly their best players. If you don't believe Zekes our best then there's no help.

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
well looks like another season down the tubes lol I bet ol jerry is sweating bullets about now and so is son another season where the cowboys do a lot of talking and not much else

INCowboysFan

Reaction score
If you get rid of Zeke, you will need probably 3 RB's to replace him. You'll need 1 or 2 to tote the rock on first and second down, then you'll need a 3rd down back. That's 2-3 roster spots instead of 1. Zeke is going to get paid. Jerry will make him the highest paid RB in the game. We should all assume this is going to happen, because it will.

INCowboysFan

Reaction score
Then that’s great too.. He gets exposed and we don’t have to pay him.

We could potentially get a haul for Zeke.

Not pay Dak the silly money he is asking for.

Garrett could possibly get fired too?

I’m all for those things.
Why sacrifice the present for an unknown future? This "haul" we get for Zeke could turn out to be a bunch of JAG's. Get rid of Dak and we could go back to the Chad Hutchinson days. Garrett may not be a great coach, but if we can him we could end up with another Dave Campo. You just never know how those things will turn out. Win now and keep an eye on the future. Don't blow it up because you never know how long it will take to get back to this point.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Why sacrifice the present for an unknown future? This "haul" we get for Zeke could turn out to be a bunch of JAG's. Get rid of Dak and we could go back to the Chad Hutchinson days. Garrett may not be a great coach, but if we can him we could end up with another Dave Campo. You just never know how those things will turn out. Win now and keep an eye on the future. Don't blow it up because you never know how long it will take to get back to this point.

It's a gamble and Zeke has proven himself to be a risk. Dak is mediocre or slightly above mediocre and he wants Tony Romo money and you saw what Romo money did to our roster.

On top of that Garrett in the playoffs is a joke because he is entirely talent dependent and when we face similar teams he brings nothing to the table.

I'll bet on the unknown if someone gives us a haul for Zeke because we can replace his position and do it quick.

Dak is still under contract so we can always franchise him and see what he looks like without Zeke and if he is actually worth the contract he is asking for.

If we sign Dak we're stuck with him and if Zeke gets suspended or injured then 30 mill a year goes to a QB that isn't good enough to Tony Romo us to victories.

Dre11

Reaction score
And those were our best.

The point is you're not looking at when those players were let go. I mean let's not be crazy here. Every team that players go once they are done,past their prime, or an average player. You're talking about getting rid of an elite player in Zeke come up with the comparison. You can't show me a legit comparison.
You came with Chris Hogan Malcom Brown Richard Seymour Ty Law. The Giants let Beckham and Collins go, but they ain't winning nothing either and they have been raked over the coals for it.

Last edited:

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
If you get rid of Zeke, you will need probably 3 RB's to replace him. You'll need 1 or 2 to tote the rock on first and second down, then you'll need a 3rd down back. That's 2-3 roster spots instead of 1. Zeke is going to get paid. Jerry will make him the highest paid RB in the game. We should all assume this is going to happen, because it will.
You assume. Jerry won't sacrifice the future of the team to pay a RB.

slick325

Reaction score
If the QB makes a huge leap this could be a true statement by Cowherd. However, Romo at his best was 2014 when he finished 2nd in MVP voting, but that coincided with Murray having a record year and him finishing tied with Romo in MVP voting. The running game helped exponentially so be careful what you wish for having a pass first offense.

kskboys

Reaction score
This team doesn’t go anywhere without a stud running back. It’s the one thing that can overcome the huge lack of a poor head coach. Zeke is not what he was supposed to be and probably never will be because he is a tool but he’s still better than 90% of the rest of the league and you can’t just plug and play anyone with us like many think you can do.
He's not? Zeke is playing to a T as his scouting report dictated he would. In what way are you claiming he's not?

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
that's your opinion I know what we look like without and Zeke. Even when we still had Martin on the field
You know nothing. Cowherd gave you several examples of how teams get better after losing a great player like Zeke. For what we get for him in trade, the Cowboys will be better off. RBs are too plentiful to overpay for one. Yes, all my opinion but that's what this forum is all about.

kskboys

Reaction score
The point is you're not looking at when those players were let go. I mean let's not be crazy here. Every team that players go once they are done,past their prime, or an average player. You're talking about getting rid of an elite player in Zeke come up with the comparison. You can't show me a legit comparison.
You came with Chris Hogan Malcom Brown Richard Seymour Ty Law. The Giants let Beckham and Collins go, but they ain't winning nothing either and they have been raked over the coals for it.
I already have, Dre, you keep ignoring it. Chandler Jones. Trey Flowers. Assante Samuel. Logan Ryan. You're only picking those players out of the list who fit your agenda.

Hey, I don't get it either, but that is what they do. There are a few players that they milked what they could out of before releasing/trading, Wilkfork and Mankins come to mind. If the Pats had drafted EZ, they'd most likely let him play out his rook contract, and then possibly franchise him once or twice if he wouldn't agree to a non-maxed out deal.

GMO415

Reaction score
anyone care to explain what I missed when Zeke had an alleged PRIVATE CONVERSATION about a holdout. And somehow the news is running with this and people keep talking down about Zeke because of this. How is it again we know about this "private conversation"?
Exactly. I really don't think he's dumb enough to cry for more money when Dak hasn't gotten his.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I think a lot of those good business decisions are easier for the Pats because they keep things on a a business level but Jerry likes to actually develop personal relationships with his stars.

I agree. Rarely do you see the Pats owner get involved in player issues directly or publicly. Jerry, different story all together.