Video: Cowherd: The Dallas Cowboys overvalue their draft picks while other teams admit their mistakes

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
That was a bust....surprisingly.
Didnt expect him to dominate like at THE....but disappear?

But now hes gone. Maybe cow is right after all.
For a third round pick Young is worth the shot. If he can stay healthy he’ll likely be worth the pick. He has had 5 sacks this season and could flourish in the 49ers defense. However, the numerous injuries are concern. If they continue to pop up, he could be done by 30.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
Bass compared to Torrance?

You are kidding right?
I don’t know who Torrence is since I don’t follow other teams. I assume Torrence is doing really well from what you wrote. I just looked him up. And he was picked right after the Cowboys picked Schoonmaker. 6 OL were drafted in the 2nd round and 3 in the 3rd.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
Thanks but I’m not investing a second of my time to do that.

I’ve caught on to his game long ago.

What amazes me is that there are still people who watch.
It's sports media for stupid people...

dagreat1_87

Reaction score
whats he right about? The Cowboys would love to get an all pro left tackle.... but they simply evaluate the cost and in THEIR OPINION the cost isnt worth it.

So the Niners have gone all out. They traded away a ton to get Cmac... and they are currently on a three game losing streak. Now they gave away a 3rd for young who is a free agent next year. So they rented him for half the season for a 3rd round pick.

Now if the niners win a SB, great... but if they dont win it this year, they are screwed. Nobody knows how this will end up... but how dominant can Young be when the team didnt even pick up his 5th year?

EVERY TEAM has weak spots.... its the nature of the beast in a salary cap era. Our roster is young and extremely talented. We will lose Tyron next year. We will have Cee Dee and Parsons to deal with. This team can not be stupid right now IMO. This team IS good enough to make the SB and there is no way you can convince me any team in the NFC is that much better than Dallas, and if you believe that, you can also not convince me that getting 1 more player will be the thing that puts us over the top.

BUT, no matter what we do, Collin knows his bread is buttered talking about the Cowboys. Negative talk brings in as many viewers as positive talk about the Cowboys.
I'm not reading all that. I'm glad we agree or sorry we disagree

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
For a third round pick Young is worth the shot. If he can stay healthy he’ll likely be worth the pick. He has had 5 sacks this season and could flourish in the 49ers defense. However, the numerous injuries are concern. If they continue to pop up, he could be done by 30.
yes...very good. I hope so (flourish...except when he plays us!)

My point was skins bailed out...either injury, contract, what have you. Maybe not "admitting a mistake"...but just making some fairly serious moves.

Teague31

Defender of the Star
Reaction score
Or other teams suck at drafting and have to make trades to fill holes

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
The clickiest of clickbait there is. I bet this man has never thrown a decent and acceptable spiral.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
yes...very good. I hope so (flourish...except when he plays us!)

My point was skins bailed out...either injury, contract, what have you. Maybe not "admitting a mistake"...but just making some fairly serious moves.
They obviously bailed because of his injury history, and not wanting to extend him. They also could be looking to stockpile draft picks to try and move up for QB. Sam Howell has looked very good at times but has been inconsistent. I’m not sold on him and I don’t think Washington is either.

Dallasfann

Reaction score
One of the best drafting teams in sports over values their draft picks. How do these people get jobs?

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
Someone needs to tell Cowherd that Washington didn’t hit on Chase Young. He’s missed 23 games due to injuries. He has 6.5 sacks his last three seasons.
Fair but he has games where he looks awesome.

So he’ll get single blocked on San Fran right

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Fair but he has games where he looks awesome.

So he’ll get single blocked on San Fran right
He has the good times. It’s been the injuries that have held him back. Injuries have been a big issue.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Sports talking heads. :facepalm: That was just snippets lasting just over a minute. It amazes the heck out of me how anyone can sit-and-watch this kind of stuff day after day, week after week. Pepto could not settle the nausea of digesting this crap over and over. Or the diarrhea.

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
He has the good times. It’s been the injuries that have held him back. Injuries have been a big issue.
Maybe he gets injured Bc he has to go balls out on every play in every game.

Lighter load in San Fran now he’s rotational

Creeper

Reaction score
Cowherd is a tool. How many times did he talk about Lebron today?

How many teams traded away 1st round picks the last few days? 0

How about 2nd round picks? 2, the Bears and Sewhawks.

And if the Cowboys overvalued their draft picks they would not have traded away a 1st round pick for Amari Cooper when no one else offered more than a 2nd.

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
It must be nice to get paid to simply criticize without having to do any of the work involved to actually come up with a solution.

:facepalm:
That's practically the job description of any movie/art/music/architecture/political/whatever critic on this planet. So what?

That's not the problem here. His bollocks analysis is a different story though.

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
Really? LaEl Collins, Bossman Fat??????

Yu can not name 6 top to bottom rosters in th eleague that are more talented than Dallas. Id say the FO is doing ok.
That's what the media guy was saying...not me.

I was simply clarifying the guy's assertation