Video: Cris Carter Has Gone Overboard

Proof

Reaction score
It happened once this year and you use it as a benchmark for your disdain for him. :rolleyes:

lol seriously. The offense is also better when Cole Beasley isn't forced the ball fifteen times, or Zeke isn't running for 2 yards a carry. It's especially good when it's not only scoring 7 points. And don't get me started on when they use lance dunbar as the preferred 3rd down back.

Proof

Reaction score
Good post. And it's a bit disingenuous take by These guys. Dez isn't even in the top 100 in drops. Whereas the other elite receivers have a higher number of targets and drops. On top of that only 5 players have more TDs and all of them have well over 100 targets.

Dez isn't the focal point of this offense, however once in the scoring area, you better believe the team is looking to him, and so are defenses.

Not just that but almost all the "elite" guys have gun slingers throwing to them. Eli, Big Ben, Matt Ryan, Jamies etc. and dalton is about the only top tier guy I'd say has a neutral qb. They line up in the slot, move around the field, get peppered with targets and forced 50/50 balls.

Dez is the ****, elite, and has had an inconsistent year for a variety of reasons.

Proof

Reaction score
I'm critical of Dez because I think he can be more. Those of you that want to suppress all criticism see no untapped potential...see little room where Dez can improve.

You banish him to mediocrity, which is definitely where his production sits this season.

I don't. I see a brighter future. And that future starts with a commitment to really work his craft.

This is ridiculous (and a straw man). Most of the backlash results from posters who say he's not good, average, slander him as a person and teammate, move the goal posts when discussing him And/or either lack the ability to apply context or disingenuously ignore it.

Guys like me and a lot of others know Dez is great and can improve. Not mutually exclusive.

His production is not mediocre this year as he's tied for 6th in tds while missing 3 games and playing on the most run happy team in the league. And how on earth can you determine whether he had a "commitment to work on his craft". Is that s joke?

Proof

Reaction score
That's a bit of cherry picking. Early in his career Carter had addiction issues. He went on to enjoy 10 seasons with 72+ catches. The man has got the cred to speak...5th all time in catches in the NFL.

Some of the criticisms of Dez are valid. Dez has left a lot of meat on the bone over his career because he hasn't worked hard on his craft. That's just a fact. He's not run good consistent routes.

Dez has matured in a number of ways. He can do amazing things and help the Cowboys win. Let's hope that he continues to do so and grows into the player he's capable of being.

There's no cherry picking when it encompasses the entirety of Dez career to date. In fact considering the recent two seasons have been sub standard it's actually doing Cocaine Carter Sr a favor.

T-RO

Reaction score
This is ridiculous (and a straw man). Most of the backlash results from posters who say he's not good, average, slander him as a person and teammate, move the goal posts when discussing him And/or either lack the ability to apply context or disingenuously ignore it.

Guys like me and a lot of others know Dez is great and can improve. Not mutually exclusive.

His production is not mediocre this year as he's tied for 6th in tds while missing 3 games and playing on the most run happy team in the league. And how on earth can you determine whether he had a "commitment to work on his craft". Is that s joke?

Dez shows moments of greatness but he is not where he could be...where he should be as a receiver.

It's widely known that Dez has chronically missed meetings its also widely known by students of the game that his route running lacks precision and consistency.

Emotions and defensiveness are clouding the facts. Two news items from the past year:

Here from ABC News:
Dallas Cowboys and his representatives at Roc Nation have worked with him, Dez Bryant continues to demonstrate a pattern of irresponsible behavior by being late to or missing medical treatments and team meetings, sources told ESPN's Adam Schefter.

They said the wide receiver has shown improvement at times, but he has been tardy or missing at least 20 times and possibly as many as 40 times during his seven-year Dallas career.​

Here was what the Cowboys wide receiver coach said this past offseason:

"If you're not in physical condition to run routes and to get people off you, it's going to be hard. So we almost with Dez have got to go back to square one, go back to the fundamentals. It's almost as if he's had a year off. Develop our skill sets as a wideout, but at the same time, get back into a level of conditioning to allow yourself to apply those skills 65, 70 snaps in a game.

"That's not going to happen in nine OTAs. It's going to be OTAs. It's going to be him really pushing himself this summer without us around and then having a great training camp.

I think it's been good for him to recognize how quickly this game can be taken from you, but also recognize how quickly you can let go of this game if you don't continue to hone in on your skills."
Over his career he's been called out with severity by Michael Irvin and Drew Pearson. He's grown up a fair bit but he's got more to go to untap his potential.

Last edited:

Bay10

ehcrossing
Reaction score
Never care too much what fox or ESPN media idiots say too much about Cowboy players or our team. Us real Cowboys fans watch them play every week and know more bout OUR team than national media idiots.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
lol seriously. The offense is also better when Cole Beasley isn't forced the ball fifteen times, or Zeke isn't running for 2 yards a carry. It's especially good when it's not only scoring 7 points. And don't get me started on when they use lance dunbar as the preferred 3rd down back.

Thank you a voice of reason

irving

Reaction score
Dez is a very good receiver, but he's not elite in my opinion, I don't care about the number of targets he gets in a game. But what I do care about is him making the catch and holding onto the ball when the game is on the line, like a few weeks ago in New York. For my money ODB, AB, Julio Jones and AJ Green are all better than Dez. However that doesn't mean I don't want Dez on the cowboy team, to the contrary, I love the fact that he is Dallas Cowboy.

DTown214

Reaction score
There is no comparison when we're talking about peak Dez vs peak Carter. CC can only dream of having the talent and athleticism Dez has. And what's scary is that I don't think we've seen Dez's best season. I have a feeling Dez is gonna explode this next season after having an offseason to prepare with Dak and of course to get and stay healthy.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Carter has personalized a point of personal vanity...as a player, he was a pain in the arse.

Cboy77

Reaction score
Yeah, the facts didn't come from a good place, and they had plenty of negativity and bias to them, but they weren't untrue.

These are people who know that saying anything about the Cowboys - positively or negatively - increases interest and ratings. And they milk that for all that it's worth, both collectively and individually. This entire 'Undisputed' show has relied on interest in the Cowboys to carry it.

Agreed. 90% of their content is Dallas cowboys. Same holds true for first take. I can see why we are the most hated team in the nfl because of this.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
Agreed. 90% of their content is Dallas cowboys. Same holds true for first take. I can see why we are the most hated team in the nfl because of this.
People hated the Cowboys long before First Take. We are the most loved and hated team in the NFL. Been that way since the 1970's.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Dez is a very good receiver, but he's not elite in my opinion, I don't care about the number of targets he gets in a game. But what I do care about is him making the catch and holding onto the ball when the game is on the line, like a few weeks ago in New York. For my money ODB, AB, Julio Jones and AJ Green are all better than Dez. However that doesn't mean I don't want Dez on the cowboy team, to the contrary, I love the fact that he is Dallas Cowboy.

If you watched every Julio, ODB, AB, and AJ game you would see their warts too.

silver

Reaction score
As long as we keep winning I couldn't care less what either of these haters have to say. The only reason people tune in is because we're winning. If they would be talking about the Vikings or Broncos nobody would care.

mahoneybill

Reaction score
Dez shows moments of greatness but he is not where he could be...where he should be as a receiver.

It's widely known that Dez has chronically missed meetings its also widely known by students of the game that his route running lacks precision and consistency.

Emotions and defensiveness are clouding the facts. Two news items from the past year:

Here from ABC News:
Dallas Cowboys and his representatives at Roc Nation have worked with him, Dez Bryant continues to demonstrate a pattern of irresponsible behavior by being late to or missing medical treatments and team meetings, sources told ESPN's Adam Schefter.

They said the wide receiver has shown improvement at times, but he has been tardy or missing at least 20 times and possibly as many as 40 times during his seven-year Dallas career.​

Here was what the Cowboys wide receiver coach said this past offseason:

"If you're not in physical condition to run routes and to get people off you, it's going to be hard. So we almost with Dez have got to go back to square one, go back to the fundamentals. It's almost as if he's had a year off. Develop our skill sets as a wideout, but at the same time, get back into a level of conditioning to allow yourself to apply those skills 65, 70 snaps in a game.

"That's not going to happen in nine OTAs. It's going to be OTAs. It's going to be him really pushing himself this summer without us around and then having a great training camp.

I think it's been good for him to recognize how quickly this game can be taken from you, but also recognize how quickly you can let go of this game if you don't continue to hone in on your skills."
Over his career he's been called out with severity by Michael Irvin and Drew Pearson. He's grown up a fair bit but he's got more to go to untap his potential.

Ill give him a little slack for recovering from a foot injury.... That has to have slowed him down/made him more cautious.... Just think of any injury you have had , and multiply that by 100 re the requirements of a pro game.