Video: Cris Carter Has Gone Overboard

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Not many would agree with this. I don't. Any team would be better with Rice over Owens. Rice is the better receiver. Rice was the better player in the playoffs. And the longer Owens is on a team the more he wears out his welcome.

Off the field stuff aside I think TO is better than Jerry on the field.

A lot of these 6'0 WRs that were better at the art of playing WR just aren't as good as these 6'3 guys that can jump out of the building imo.

Nothing wrong with Jerry Rice but if you're prepared to say Rice is the best ever then you have to say Emmitt is the best ever because they are virtually the same player at different positions.

Both mastered the art of their position but there is a lot of guys more physically talented that produced at a high level.

Sepia

Reaction score
Cris said Dez tried to call him, and they are probably going to talk it out. He seems apologetic.

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
Not many would agree with this. I don't. Any team would be better with Rice over Owens. Rice is the better receiver. Rice was the better player in the playoffs. And the longer Owens is on a team the more he wears out his welcome.
I'm doing this in a vacuum kinda deal. I don't want to discredit rice but I feel like guys like Owens and moss proved their abilities by dominating and with multiple teams.

I think a randy moss team broke the season scoring record twice once with the Vikings and once with the pats.

DallasDomination

Reaction score
I saw the video where Carter called out Dez and then the one where he responds to Dez calling him a puppet.

Chris Carter is not saying anything out of line. In fact what did he say that hasn't been discussed here?

Dez doesn't run great routes a blind person can see that. The guy is flat out average in that department. CC just expected a lot more by now. I think he's getting his swagger back and he'll be fine moving forward. I just leave it at that.

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score

A lot of these 6'0 WRs that were better at the art of playing WR just aren't as good as these 6'3 guys that can jump out of the building imo.

Nothing wrong with Jerry Rice but if you're prepared to say Rice is the best ever then you have to say Emmitt is the best ever because they are virtually the same player at different positions.

Both mastered the art of their position but there is a lot of guys more physically talented that produced at a high level.
Yea I think megatron is probably the best player I've ever seen play the position. They doubled him like he was a gunner in the redZone. And I can see how a lot of db's would have a problem with that call

joseephuss

Reaction score
I'm doing this in a vacuum kinda deal. I don't want to discredit rice but I feel like guys like Owens and moss proved their abilities by dominating and with multiple teams.

I think a randy moss team broke the season scoring record twice once with the Vikings and once with the pats.

Moss only broke the record once. A record Rice achieved in only 12 games because of the lockout and scab games.

joseephuss

Reaction score

You are all over the place. We were discussing Rice and Owens, not who was the best wide receiver ever or running backs.

Rice was 6'-2" by the way.

Rice was the better player on the field. He proved it many times over and elevated his game in the playoffs. And I don't think the off the field stuff can be set aside. That stuff matters, which is why TO couldn't stick with teams.

I would take several receivers over TO and my team would be better because of it.

If we were to discuss running backs I would take Walter Payton. He is slightly better than Emmitt in my opinion. Even Emmitt claims Payton is the best.

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
Moss only broke the record once. A record Rice achieved in only 12 games because of the lockout and scab games.
No I think the 98 Vikings and 2007 pats were the highest scoring teams at the time and he was on both of them.

So like I said it's boring to be like "their team was stacked ! No wonder they had twice as many yards as anyone ever!"

But for moss to do that he was clearly an insane talent. And he was tremendously valuable on the field. I'll take him in one game over rice or Marvin Harrison

Last edited:

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
You are all over the place. We were discussing Rice and Owens, not who was the best wide receiver ever or running backs.

Rice was 6'-2" by the way.

Rice was the better player on the field. He proved it many times over and elevated his game in the playoffs. And I don't think the off the field stuff can be set aside. That stuff matters, which is why TO couldn't stick with teams.

I would take several receivers over TO and my team would be better because of it.

If we were to discuss running backs I would take Walter Payton. He is slightly better than Emmitt in my opinion. Even Emmitt claims Payton is the best.

To each their own.

Rice was good but he played with 2 HoF QBs in an offense 2 decades ahead of its time and he wasn't some kind of physical specimen.

joseephuss

Reaction score
No I think the 98 Vikings and 2007 pats were the highest scoring teams at the time and he was on both of them.

So like I said it's boring to be like "their team was stacked ! No wonder they had twice as many yards as anyone ever!"

But for moss to do that he was clearly an insane talent. And he was tremendously valuable on the field. I'll take him in one game over rice or Marvin Harrison

I don't think Harrison was in the discussion. Nor should he be. He completely disappeared in the playoffs. I'd take TO over him. Moss is a good choice, but I'd still take Rice. I'd take either over Owens.

Deep_Freeze

Reaction score
Had to edit this in: I know I'll take some heat for this, but could you imagine Desean Jackson stretching the field on one side and Dez running a post on the other.. Whoa!

No heat over here, been saying it too much over here. Contract is up, bring him in and even though we hate the guy, can't hate the talent. The speed is still there and we take him from TWO divisional rivals.

I'm a chemical engineer, so is Stephen, at least talk to him man.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score

Same... IMO Moss is the best.

If he would've had an entire career with HOF QBs he would've broke the NFL.

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
The injury Dez suffered last year tends to linger and hinder performance even after the player is healthy enough to play. Julio Jones experienced a similar dip in performance with the same injury. Additionally, Dez's bread and butter play is the back shoulder fade and Dak's accuracy on it is not 100% yet.

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
I don't think Harrison was in the discussion. Nor should he be. He completely disappeared in the playoffs. I'd take TO over him. Moss is a good choice, but I'd still take Rice. I'd take either over Owens.
Curious who your all-time trio would be?

I think I would probably have to go Aaron Rodgers, Calvin Johnson, and Adrian Peterson for one game. I know rice ran a good 40 but I just feel like the athletes as a whole in this decade are totally different than the guys in the 80's and 70's.

joseephuss

Reaction score
Curious who your all-time trio would be?

I think I would probably have to go Aaron Rodgers, Calvin Johnson, and Adrian Peterson for one game. I know rice ran a good 40 but I just feel like the athletes as a whole in this decade are totally different than the guys in the 80's and 70's.

I've never put enough thought into it to come up with an all-time trio. There are more athletic QBs than Aaron Rodgers. Peterson would probably fumble the ball. :)

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
I've never put enough thought into it to come up with an all-time trio. There are more athletic QBs than Aaron Rodgers. Peterson would probably fumble the ball. :)
Speaking of fumbling machines I'm honestly thinking zeke can be the best back In league history if he stays healthy and all that. Hope that doesn't sound hyperbolic.

joseephuss

Reaction score
Speaking of fumbling machines I'm honestly thinking zeke can be the best back In league history if he stays healthy and all that. Hope that doesn't sound hyperbolic.

Not at all. I think we all hope that. Even if he isn't, if he at least becomes one of the top 20 backs in the long history of the NFL Dallas will be in a good spot for several years.