Video: Cris Carter Has Gone Overboard

mattjames2010

Reaction score
I still just don't get it. I think, other than his injury early in the season, Dez is having a pretty good year in an offense that doesn't throw a bunch. I've been satisfied with his performance.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
What made me mad about that clip was the sarcasm in Sharpe's voice when he said, "The great Jason Witten".

Sharpe couldn't hold Witten's jock.

Yes, he could. Nevertheless, if by his tone he meant disrespect, it was definitely misplaced.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
You won't agree but if I'm drafting wr's I pick Terrell Owens over rice and my team will be better off.

You're right. I don't agree. But a man is entitled to his opinion.
Thanks for answering the question. I had forgotten all about Rice playing alongside T.O.

Deep_Freeze

Reaction score
What made me mad about that clip was the sarcasm in Sharpe's voice when he said, "The great Jason Witten".

Sharpe couldn't hold Witten's jock.

Yeah I heard that also. Your right, that was sarcasm, even said TE.....his own position like he was comparing himself to Witten, which Sharpe does deserve his props.

If you were hanging out at a bar with Sharpe, he just told you what he thinks of Witten.

Problem is he is looking at it as a big WR like himself, instead of a true TE in every facet of the game.

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
You're right. I don't agree. But a man is entitled to his opinion.
Thanks for answering the question. I had forgotten all about Rice playing alongside T.O.
It basically comes down to do you value their accomplishments or are you judging them as an individual. If I'm a captain I take lebron over Jordan and my team will win

For example there's a handful of not so great stats on zeke Elliot and my first instinct is that's hore****. The guy is a hall of famer. I'm looking at what he does for a team and his teammates. He has defenses obsessed with him.

People can discredit dez but everyone is succeeding Bc he's worth x amount of points per possession just by being out there. so why would I penalize him for a season wherein everyone is eating?

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
Yeah I heard that also. Your right, that was sarcasm, even said TE.....his own position like he was comparing himself to Witten, which Sharpe does deserve his props.

If you were hanging out at a bar with Sharpe, he just told you what he thinks of Witten.

Problem is he is looking at it as a big WR like himself, instead of a true TE in every facet of the game.
I think he just is paid to pretend to hate the cowboys thats the only reason for the diss.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
It basically comes down to do you value their accomplishments or are you judging them as an individual. If I'm a captain I take lebron over Jordan and my team will win

For example there's a handful of not so great stats on zeke Elliot and my first instinct is that's hore****. The guy is a hall of famer. I'm looking at what he does for a team and his teammates. He has defenses obsessed with him.

People can discredit dez but everyone is succeeding Bc he's worth x amount of points per possession just by being out there. so why would I penalize him for a season wherein everyone is eating?

The substance of their criticism of Dez is correct. He isn't a consistently good route runner. And that MAY be a reason his numbers aren't up.
Yes, he may have a 6 catch 70 yard game with 2 TD'S. But if you can consistently be even better, you should.
And I agree with that.

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
The substance of their criticism of Dez is correct. He isn't a consistently good route runner. And that MAY be a reason his numbers aren't up.
Yes, he may have a 6 catch 70 yard game with 2 TD'S. But if you can consistently be even better, you should.
And I agree with that.

my pickup don't maneuver as well as my Audi but it damn sure can haul freight ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Knotamus

Reaction score
I hate crap TV and that exactly what 'undisputed' is.. Who cares what they think. We're 13-2 with Dez playing unselfishly. I love it. Now when everybody is done talking about how good Dez is or isn't.. Let's talk about the real problem with our WR core... We need a TRUE speed WR on the other side of the field. Williams wins honorable mention, but he doesn't scare anyone. A speed Wr would make Dez explode. Think Irvin and Harper.

Had to edit this in: I know I'll take some heat for this, but could you imagine Desean Jackson stretching the field on one side and Dez running a post on the other.. Whoa!

Gameover

Reaction score
This is actually kind of funny. Sharpe said he was playing a gunner!! Lol

I was saying these things about Dez when he was putting up 16td seasons: he's not a great down for down receiver.

Great goal line threat
Can punish inferior defenders
Not great vs zones or elite defenders

6 rec, 70 yards in 2 playoff games in 2014.

This w Romo around

Who is Jack Rabbit?

Last edited:

Lutonio

Reaction score
Dez has had a good year other than the Giants game.

Yeah, what a real scrub contributing to a 13-2 record. That bum should stay off the field. How dare he fall in line and totally absorb the rookie-friendly run oriented offense that gets results. He really shouldn't have aligned with Dak and Zeke as "bringing the juice" and should really ***** about not getting the ball more.

LittleLexodus

Reaction score
Dez doesn't have the eye popping numbers of the other WR1 in the league for a few reasons:

1. Offense is run-oriented and heavy on Zeke getting touches (less passing=less yards)
2. He is still working out kinks with Dak at QB. Note all the other top WRs have a veteran QB with whom they have years of experience
3. He's was hurt/inactive 3 games in 2016 and 7 games in 2015 (played with an injury in a few active games too)

Dez had a bunch of frustrating drops last season but he's been great this year IMO

DejectedFan1996

Reaction score
Dez needs to calm down. Tweeted about CC and said he's gonna give him the business when he sees him. Then deleted the tweet and apologized.

Dez really takes what these guys say too seriously and I'm a huge Dez advocate

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Dez needs to calm down. Tweeted about CC and said he's gonna give him the business when he sees him. Then deleted the tweet and apologized.

Dez really takes what these guys say too seriously and I'm a huge Dez advocate

Well CC did go on national tv and basically made it public that Dez is telling him to watch the tape
And that he is messing with his money when he says things like that.