Crooked Officials

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Now you see why I complain so much about them crooked officials. How else can anyone explain this ...

Or this ...

There were no flags thrown on either blatant and obvious pass interference/holding plays. Very obvious the crooked officials were out to help the Giants as much as possible. One of many badly officiated games against the Cowboys over the years. :mad:

What say you?

There were some missed calls against the Cowboys as well. But it was a poorly officiated game.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
The only way to fix it is to be able to review EVERYTHING

That might help but the officials are going to side with themselves most of the time. Given that you only get 2 challenges, using one on a strictly judgement call is always risky.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
This seems possible. The NFL will at least give it a shot and then probably back down once the backlash starts coming in.

There are just far too many errors league-wide. I'm not sure there's a single fanbase that likes the referees because all teams have suffered at least a few crappy calls over the years.
Officiating is part of the game. I’ve found while there is some bad officiating it’s more sour grapes when calls don’t go your way or are inconsistent. And that’s understandable. I get it.

Personally I think the game is over officiated as it is. And if we aren’t going review them like we do TD’s and receptions which I think on some of these is ridiculous then we can’t complain .

Football or sports in general wasn’t mean to be perfect . If it was they’d have officials lined up and down and field . And reviewing every call.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Officiating is part of the game. I’ve found while there is some bad officiating it’s more sour grapes when calls don’t go your way or are inconsistent. And that’s understandable. I get it.

Personally I think the game is over officiated as it is. And if we aren’t going review them like we do TD’s and receptions which I think on some of these is ridiculous then we can’t complain .

Football or sports in general wasn’t mean to be perfect . If it was they’d have officials lined up and down and field . And reviewing every call.

There's a practical nature to that. Who wants to watch a 6-hour game? That's what you'd get with reviewing everything. I do agree it's over officiated but I don't want to see reviews of everything. How many play stoppages are you willing to sit through. There are already too many, IMO.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
There's a practical nature to that. Who wants to watch a 6-hour game? That's what you'd get with reviewing everything. I do agree it's over officiated but I don't want to see reviews of everything. How many play stoppages are you willing to sit through. There are already too many, IMO.
No doubt . But what’s more important to review. A 20 yard interference no call in the endzone or a 1 yard plunge at the goal like to see if it crossed the plane.

Penalty or potential penalties should be reviewable .

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
No doubt . But what’s more important to review. A 20 yard interference no call in the endzone or a 1 yard plunge at the goal like to see if it crossed the plane.

Penalty or potential penalties should be reviewable .

They actually do that in the CFL, but it's only initiated by a coaches challenge. This includes PI or non-called PI claims.

I'd be in favor of a similar system in the NFL.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Now you see why I complain so much about them crooked officials. How else can anyone explain this ...

Or this ...

There were no flags thrown on either blatant and obvious pass interference/holding plays. Very obvious the crooked officials were out to help the Giants as much as possible. One of many badly officiated games against the Cowboys over the years. :mad:

What say you?

Esp that last possession, could it not be any more obvious.
It has about come to the point when we do something positive, I seem to experience PTSD and immediately expect a devastating penalty that neutralizes the positive gain.

chagus

Reaction score
Once I saw the holding on Parsons not being called from the very beginning I knew is was gonna be ONE OF THOSE games. Crooked *** refs for the entire world to see. It was literally undeniable.

lukemartin79

Reaction score
Crooked or inept? The officiating has been terrible for years and seems to be getting worse. Its the NFL's biggest problem in my opinion. It has made watching games these last few years very difficult. Who wants to spend 3 plus hours watching a game, and it ends because of poor officiating at the end at the most crucial time? Every game I watch, they miss many calls that I saw in real time at home on the tv, no replay needed- it was obvious. Then they call things that aren't there, LOL. They show 5 replays and there is no foul- but the refs called one. Stop making things up to call and call the real ones that happen. Wed have better games to watch if they just did that.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
Money can change a lot of things. Gambling on games "The fix is in rumors". Attack the refs calls via a marketing campaign against the NFL being fixed like wrestling, the calls will straighten themselves out.

BotchedLobotomy

Wide Right
Reaction score
The offensive PI that Diggs drew—I’ll give you that.
What were some others though? I don’t recall
This call was not a blatant missed call like some suggest. That play in real time could certainly look like offensive PI. If you look at it in slo-mo, the WR actually turned his head and was looking at Diggs before he hit him. He also lowered his shoulder to hit him.

Scotman

Reaction score
I am not one to complain about officiating until it becomes blatant and cannot be explained. The holding is getting to that point. Our DL players are constantly horse collared, bear hugged, spun around, tackled, and held by their jersey and 90% of it is ignored. Last night was no different but our WRs were also being held and mugged with no calls as well. They started calling some things on the Giants late so I’m not going to claim the officials are attempting to determine who wins. My suspicion is now closer to they understand the league wants Dallas games to stay close for ratings. All the Cowboy haters tune in if they might lose. I hate feeling this way but I can’t explain the ongoing non calls every week any other way. It is to the point of absurdity now.
I honestly think you're wrong. I just can't see where your numbers are even close to correct.

If they only let 90% of it go uncalled, we'd benefit from 6 or 7 holding calls every game.

If you had said 98% goes uncalled...we'd agree.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
Once I saw the holding on Parsons not being called from the very beginning I knew is was gonna be ONE OF THOSE games. Crooked *** refs for the entire world to see. It was literally undeniable.

Yeah, I'm gonna deny that. Lol.

And yet good ol' Zack Martin comes out of the game unscathed by the refs yet again. He must have photos of some refs or "is a friend of ours" or something.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
The officials mistakes directly impacted the Giants point total.

The officials mistakes directly impacted the Cowboys points total.

The difference was that it took points off of the board for the Cowboys and put points on the board for the Giants.

You can continue to pretend there is no bias whatsoever all you want. It doesnt change reality.
:hammer::hammer:

glimmerman

Reaction score
There is a penalty on every play. I know the refs can’t catch them all. But when its a goal line play. And he is held in the end zone. Literally 3 yards off the LOS and there is only a few WR and he is on the outside and tackled it’s a easy to see.

The first quarter the commentators mentioned a few plays where there was movement before the snap and the refs didn’t call it. I believe it was with 50 seconds left in the half. But on our drive we got call for several penalties. They were legit calls but funny how they snag us but we’re really lose for the giants..

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
This call was not a blatant missed call like some suggest. That play in real time could certainly look like offensive PI. If you look at it in slo-mo, the WR actually turned his head and was looking at Diggs before he hit him. He also lowered his shoulder to hit him.
I agree 100%. I still felt I needed to concede that one to the ref fans since it was the only one where the Giants seemed upset.

nalam

The realist
Reaction score
The holding call on Farniok which wiped out our 1st drive was complete garbage too.

Yep , it was not much , just enough contribution from refs for us not to score.

( his hands were a bit outside the shoulder pads of the defender , but the defender fell down by contact from some one behind him , not by Farniok pulling him )

glimmerman

Reaction score
Yeah, I'm gonna deny that. Lol.

And yet good ol' Zack Martin comes out of the game unscathed by the refs yet again. He must have photos of some refs or "is a friend of ours" or something.
Lol. Zack knows what he is doing. But a few times I saw Parsons held really really bad. In the first quarter Tyler got called for a hold. It was a choke hold. Really bad. Should have been a flag. I saw Parsons held the same way a few times with no flag. Was a lopsided game called.