Crow-Eating Thread

bayeslife

187beatdown
Reaction score
Yeah I've been down on the Cowboys all season. But I said I would change my tune of they came out and won this game against an elite QB and team that has owned us for the last decade.

I'm eating crow tonight and I hope I continue to eat it the rest of the season. I predicted a 4-12 record and they already have 3 wins, yikes.

rynochop

Reaction score
If you put a gun to my head I would've picked the Saints, glad I woulda been wrong.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
I thought we would get smoked--

Now I expect us to do the smoking next week!
The ultimate pessimist here even thought we would win. I looked at their record, and I knew that they would not be able to control our running game for long. And because of that, they wouldn't be able to get in a rhythm. Can't win on offense alone. Next week, it could be a blow out by our team. Only thing I'm impressed with on Houston is JJ Watt, and that receiver over there, his name slips my mind.

BoysFan4ever

Reaction score
The first drive, keeping Drew on the bench, was a great statement as to how the game would pan out.

I continue to be impressed by Linehan. He's doing an outstanding job.

tideh20heel

Reaction score
i felt my stomach knot up as soon as Harris got that bonehead penalty. I didn't even wait for the scores. I have been wrong about this team all along.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The ultimate pessimist here even thought we would win. I looked at their record, and I knew that they would not be able to control our running game for long. And because of that, they wouldn't be able to get in a rhythm. Can't win on offense alone. Next week, it could be a blow out by our team. Only thing I'm impressed with on Houston is JJ Watt, and that receiver over there, his name slips my mind.

Hey, how about that Romo?

BoysFan4ever

Reaction score

Andre Johnson?

They also have a good RB in Foster although I don't know how his year has gone so far. He's excellent when healthy though.

Last edited:

Jstopper

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

I assume you mean Deandre Hopkins

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
I started to get nervous, aint gonna lie, but I figured there was not enough time on the clock left for the Saints to score 3 more times. At worst I was thinking they would score twice and take it to OT.

That fake punt was the dumbest move, not that I am complaining, but I still don't get it.

Wheeltax

Reaction score
I'll admit I got worried, but I did not assume that there would be a comeback.

BoysFan4ever

Reaction score
I started to get nervous, aint gonna lie, but I figured there was not enough time on the clock left for the Saints to score 3 more times. At worst I was thinking they would score twice and take it to OT.

That fake punt was the dumbest move, not that I am complaining, but I still don't get it.

Arkansas ran a fake punt to perfection against the Aggies yesterday. Sometime it works. Not tonite.

2much2soon

Reaction score
This team does feel different.

All the building and wise drafting on the o-line is paying off. They can dominate run blocking and pass blocking.

The defense feels like it could be special before long. Still a lot of the same players but they aren't playing scared and clueless anymore. I think it is the Rolando McClain leadership affect. They are starting to adopt his swagger.

plymkr

Reaction score
I will be honest. I got nervous. I was scared we would snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. I'm starting to believe those days may be behind us. We can protect leads with the strong running game.

EPL0c0

The Funcooker
Reaction score
Check in here if you thought we would lose when the Saints scored to make it 31-17. I for one did.

Pass me two servings. This defense has looked better than I expected...they've shown more heart than I expected. There's still room for improvement and our depth is still not great. There's still no consistant pass rush, but... its' improving. No major superstars, just a bunch of noname workers.