Crow-Eating Thread

ChooChoo73

Reaction score
I expected the Saints to keep their punter at home and tally up another 40+. I had and have zero faith in a pass rush and did not think we would ever stick to the run. For the first quarter of this season, I am dead wrong and glad I am.
Garrett, Romo, Ro McLain, Witten, Murray, Church and the O Line deserve game balls for last night but also the season thus far. Will take much more for me to be convinced but 3 straight 8-8s will do that to some including me. Houston needs to be in our sights and we need to look at them as meat to be pulverized.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
No these need to be here to balance the 'we are going to get blown out' threads.

How is "I told you so", after the fact the same as someone thinking the Cowboys will lose or win a game?

The "I told you so" thread is the epitome of cowardess, whether it's positive or negative. Making a silly statement after something has already happened takes no guts whatsoever.

mldardy

Reaction score
How is "I told you so", after the fact the same as someone thinking the Cowboys will lose or win a game?

The "I told you so" thread is the epitome of cowardess, whether it's positive or negative. Making a silly statement after something has already happened takes no guts whatsoever.

Dude relax my goodness you are so upset about this thread. Get over it.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
I thought we were in for a "whoever is first to forty, wins" type of game. The defense really surprised me. When the Saints made their run, I admit for a second to feeling uncomfortable, but it didn't last too long. This team just feels different from the choke artists of old. This looks like a team who is learning how to win and close out games.

It's about time Ol' Jack Burton decided to come in here and lay some knowledge upon us.

When some wild-eyed, eight-foot-tall maniac grabs your neck, taps the back of your favorite head up against the barroom wall, and he looks you crooked in the eye and he asks you if ya paid your dues, you just stare that big sucker right back in the eye, and you remember what ol' Jack Burton always says at a time like that: "Have ya paid your dues, Jack?" "Yessir, the check is in the mail."

Corso

Reaction score

If you feel like becoming a post vigilante concerning a topic such as this:
You won't have enough hours in the day and you'll be wearing out your keyboard every six months.

Your philosophical approach is beyond reproach though.

DejectedFan1996

Reaction score
The crow I'm eating is for Romo. I thought he was done, as painful as it was for me to come to that conclusion. He's shown me that he was just rusty in my opinion. So glad I can go back to defending him at the shop and such

skinsscalper

Reaction score

Except for the fact that the OP was the first to "eat crow". You've obviously mistaken cowardess for humility. But, by all means, enjoy your Summer's Eve moment.

Dodger12

Reaction score
I think it's awesome and you are lame

I've never seen someone post a sig of all the 11-5, 12-4, 10-6 predictions that seem to pop up every off-season after the 8 and 8 debacles. It's lame.

Corso

Reaction score
This arguing is silly.

Move on you two.

Jack Burton

It's all in the reflexes.
Reaction score
It's about time Ol' Jack Burton decided to come in here and lay some knowledge upon us.

When some wild-eyed, eight-foot-tall maniac grabs your neck, taps the back of your favorite head up against the barroom wall, and he looks you crooked in the eye and he asks you if ya paid your dues, you just stare that big sucker right back in the eye, and you remember what ol' Jack Burton always says at a time like that: "Have ya paid your dues, Jack?" "Yessir, the check is in the mail."

Awesome!

Big Trouble In Little China is a hoot. I'm always pleased to come across someone who appreciates this little gem of a movie from the 80's.

Just remember what ol' Jack Burton does when the earth quakes, and the poison arrows fall from the sky, and the pillars of Heaven shake. Yeah, Jack Burton just looks that big ol' storm right square in the eye and he says, "Give me your best shot, pal. I can take it.