News: CW: Leading analytics team makes case for Cowboys letting Prescott walk

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Reality, Feb 24, 2021.

1. Dak_Attack_09

Dak_Attack_09 Well-Known Member

2,576 Messages
    1,975 Likes Received

Damn what day does the trash man come? I need to empty this garbage can.

2. Typhus

Typhus Catching Catfish

8,994 Messages
    9,237 Likes Received
    Watch out for those splinters when sitting on the fence, but I hear you loud and clear, this debate over a simple term and a couple million more,, what a charade it developed into.
    What a total example of how not to business.

Swagger likes this.
  3. gjkoeppen

gjkoeppen Well-Known Member

7,621 Messages
    3,270 Likes Received

With the threads you started today I'm beginning to think you're not a Prescott fan and are just looking for stuff to feed the Prescott haters.

Typhus and PJTHEDOORS like this.
  4. phildadon86

phildadon86 Well-Known Member

12,574 Messages
    17,332 Likes Received
    So not 1 but 2 statistics being the worst in the NFL but it’s all made up. Get a grip on reality

PJTHEDOORS likes this.
  5. buybuydandavis

buybuydandavis Well-Known Member

17,714 Messages
    15,251 Likes Received
    Also Post Draft value in Romo.

Also got Matt Moore for nothing but didn't hang onto him. Also el cheapo quality veteran *starter* for a pittance in Dalton.

Going by the Cowboy's last 20 years, it's really *not* that hard to find a franchise QB or decent starting QB on the cheap. Certainly not "once in a generation".

Same with the Pats. The Pats kept QBs coming after they had The Goat from the 6th round. Seems like a few of them because franchise QBs too.

Unlike the Pats, we've spent diddley and still gotten franchise QBs. I'd like us to spend *more than diddley* and see how we do. Don't get locked into one QB. Bring in more, and let them really compete.

McCarthy is supposed to be a QB Whisperer. Give him a chance to show us the Magic. Huge advantage if he can pull it off.

Swagger and CATCH17 like this.
  6. Big_D

Big_D Well-Known Member

5,640 Messages
    7,401 Likes Received
    Let him "walk" no pun intended.

7. Vanilla2

Vanilla2 Well-Known Member

5,685 Messages
    5,346 Likes Received
    Another anti dak agenda piece. Where’s the we shouldn’t resign dalton articles at?

8. Corso

Corso Offseason mode... sleepy time

28,928 Messages
    50,581 Likes Received
    In the file cabinet of Nobody Gives A Crap About Dalton Except For Delusional Cowboys Fans.

9. Typhus

Typhus Catching Catfish

8,994 Messages
    9,237 Likes Received
    Just look how many people frequent Vegas, gambling is in our human DNA.... which stands for Dont Knock Addiction... I kid.

10. Proof

Proof Well-Known Member

6,964 Messages
    8,416 Likes Received
    Their end conclusion was to sign him though lol. It was literally the final sentence.

11. Proof

Proof Well-Known Member

6,964 Messages
    8,416 Likes Received
    and the guy who wrote this article finished it by saying “today would be a great day to sign the franchise qb”

Motorola and Typhus like this.
  12. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

56,711 Messages
    59,336 Likes Received
    Does that surprise you?

There is a lot of people who know it’s stupid but would do it anyways.. The Jones’s included.

You got people all over this board acknowledging that we’re going to be mediocre but when you have a “franchise” quarterback you have to hold on to them at all costs.

Robbieac likes this.
  13. Swagger

Swagger Well-Known Member

3,090 Messages
    3,243 Likes Received
    Byron was an All Pro Cornerback in 2018. He's 28 years old. He just came off a disappointing season for a different team in a different system etc. He missed games with injuries so he might have been carrying an injury in the games he played as well. He largely played lights out for the Cowboys in our system and provided he's healthy I would expect him to comeback and have a strong season for the Dolphins.

14. Corso

Corso Offseason mode... sleepy time

28,928 Messages
    50,581 Likes Received
    With this team? It doesn't matter.
    They had a QB cheap. What did they do?
    They had a QB cheap a couple times and what did they do?

You peeps will never learn.

You'll ignore this comment and continue braying like a donkey.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2021
  15. DeathMonkey

DeathMonkey Well-Known Member

6,878 Messages
    11,870 Likes Received
    But if your QB is wanting elite money and you believe he's only enough to be a franchise QB, do you overpay him at the expensive of talent elsewhere? Your argument is black and white when the issue isn't. There's a reason that teams who have QB's who earn more than 13% of the cap don't win Super Bowls.

Dak is good enough. I like him. I want to keep him, but not if he demands 18-20%. He just does not elevate the team that much.

16. Proof

Proof Well-Known Member

6,964 Messages
    8,416 Likes Received
    not the tone or interpretation I had at all. It was a devils advocate piece and then was dissected and ultimately arrived at the logical conclusion.

17. Diehardblues

Diehardblues Well-Known Member

35,974 Messages
    21,053 Likes Received
    There’s no guarantees for a SB either way. But there’s a reason most teams reach for a QB to begin with either in the draft, in a trade or contract extension.

Because you basically have nothing without a Franchise QB with rare exceptions. Dak has proven he’s enough to take a chance on . We’ve had some success reaching the brink of a championship appearance on a couple occasions.

It’s enough to try and build around. We’ve already made other investments around him in supporting cast. We’ve brought in a proven HC to optimize his talent and supporting cast now.

If it doesn’t work out we blow it up in a few years and start over. But this isn’t the time to start over. And I’ll be shocked if our ownership with all the moves they’ve made leading up to this don’t follow suit.

18. Nav22

Nav22 Well-Known Member

9,918 Messages
    9,978 Likes Received
    Remember when I exposed you as being a complete know-nothing whose definition of “elite QB” never would have included a guy named Drew Brees?

Then remember how you were too big a coward to respond to that, after I exposed you?

Because you were embarrassed about being tarred and feathered YET AGAIN for another stupid QB take? On the level of “DURRRR DALTON WILL BE JUST AS GOOD AS DAK YOU GUYS!!!”

Good times.
    :lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:

19. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

56,711 Messages
    59,336 Likes Received

Only Rockport thought you exposed me.

I literally posted a video backing what I said.. Elite QBs consistently make the playoffs and you were like nuh uh what bout dat der Drew Breese dur dur dur.

Typhus and Robbieac like this.
  20. Vanilla2

Vanilla2 Well-Known Member

5,685 Messages
    5,346 Likes Received
    that man will get us into the playoffs and throw a pick six or two as soon as he gets in there so you best put some respect on that mans name.

Corso likes this.