Video: Dak’s contract will cripple the Cowboys

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
First year would be 15%. The next years would be over 20% in a 4 year deal. I haven't worked out the 5 year math yet, but I don't expect it would be much better. But yeah, this is simple math. It's not complicated. A 4 year deal at 35m per we'll see Dak taking up over 20%.
No it won’t. Not even close.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Yeah we have to move the bar from Super Bowl winner to Super Bowl ready to fit your argument..

Strange though that we don’t even have an outlier except for the 1 uncapped year.. The QB was also elite.
Keep posting. This is great stuff!

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah we have to move the bar from Super Bowl winner to Super Bowl ready to fit your argument..

Strange though that we don’t even have an outlier except for the 1 uncapped year.. The QB was also elite.
I assume you know “Super Bowl ready” Is a requirement to become a Super Bowl winner. Super Bowl winners don’t just magically materialize, a capable team has to be built.

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
I assume you know “Super Bowl ready” Is a requirement to become a Super Bowl winner. Super Bowl winners don’t just magically materialize, a capable team has to be built.

Hoping dallas can be that in another 2-3 seasons.

zerofill

Reaction score
Paying the Dak whatever he wants is fine with a lot of people because their is still this mentality that QBs are impossible to find and if you have a decent one then pay him whatever he wants.

I honestly think with this offense we really just need a QB that can assess a defense quickly... make the appropriate changes, audible and we are good.

They don't have to be Brady, Brees, Mahommes, etc... So they certainly don't have to be $35mil a year. The talent on the roster should literally elevate the QB for once, rather than vice / versa heh.

But, people are dead set on Dak, and his huge payday being more important than keeping key positions in place for the foreseeable future. They are dead set on being right, in the fact that Jerry will cave, and Dak will get paid.

I don't particularly understand it, but then again... I have given up on winning a Super Bowl again anyway. Luckily, I am 48 and can remember the fun times lol.

Honestly, I am pretty sure that even Dak can excel in this lineup... Not on football I.Q., but athleticism. Because, let's face it... he will never will read defenses like Romo, Peyton, Brady, Brees, etc...

So is his contract going to stop us from continuing to win? I am pretty sure it will.

zerofill

Reaction score
Even the the biggest fans of Dak, can't possibly think he should get $42mil a year! Man that can't be real... Dak can't even think he is worth $42mil a year.

Dude must want out of Dallas lol.

RoboQB

Reaction score
Like I've said before, Dak should get $2million per year more than Wentz and
be happy to be the Dallas Cowboys QB.

If he truly signed off on his agent submitting this new contract offer (or, "if true"),
then I will take the short walk over to the hate-Dak camp and sign myself up.

zerofill

Reaction score
Like I've said before, Dak should get $2million per year more than Wentz and
be happy to be the Dallas Cowboys QB.

If he truly signed off on his agent submitting this new contract offer (or, "if true"),
then I will take the short walk over to the hate-Dak camp and sign myself up.

If he signed off on that offer being sent, he needs to take a short trip to the mirror and re-evaluate himself.

robjay04

Reaction score

49ers were plenty talented enough to win the SB last season. Jimmy’s contract didn’t stop them from winning.

Matt Ryan was the 4th highest paid QB in 2017, his contract is not why they didn’t win the Super Bowl.

Your whole argument should be

“The Patriots dominated the last decade with a below market QB”

Because their dominance makes it a lot easier for your argument.

cern

Reaction score
Expect Dak to sign the Tag if it's still being offered by the deadline.
From today to July 15th no other team in the NFL except maybe the Cowboys (If they don't rescind) will give Dak 30 million for the season.
Honestly, it's more a talent issue and Jerry getting that Superbowl before he kicks up his boots.
After the Bills loss, you could see the major disappointment on Jerry's face.
There is a good chance they are done with Dak just saucing it up till its time to replace him under center.
We await the day of the awakening July 15th or sooner....
No one in the front office thought it would be this hard to get dak signed. Now they fully understand just how difficult it will be. The dalton signing at least gives them an realistic option. Best off season move they made.

Sevenup3000

Reaction score
Fans were saying the same thing about Romo’s contract crippling the team prior to re-signing him in 2013. A lot of what’s being said now about Dak and his contract was being said about Romo and his contract.

https://cowboyszone.com/threads/would-you-trade-romo-for-the-1-pick.250692/

To your point, I'll ask the question again: How was Dallas able to put together the most stacked roster, according to many, around Dak Prescott in 2016 with Romo's massive deal on the books? Dallas was paying franchise QB money to Romo yet was able to produce a championship roster in 2016 -- a complete contradiction per those that hold the opinion you cannot pay franchise QB money and have roster capable of competing.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
49ers were plenty talented enough to win the SB last season. Jimmy’s contract didn’t stop them from winning.

Matt Ryan was the 4th highest paid QB in 2017, his contract is not why they didn’t win the Super Bowl.

Your whole argument should be

“The Patriots dominated the last decade with a below market QB”

Because their dominance makes it a lot easier for your argument.

I believe Jimmy G was still 10% of 9ers cap but I may be wrong..

Anyways.. Ryan, Jimmy G, or whoever else at this point is an outlier.