Twitter: Dak’s improvement by year

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
I see both sides of the entire debate bringing stats, and why stats are only worth the time one spends trying to sway an opinion or argue a vague point.
Interpretation of talent sometimes doesnt come from a stat sheet but lie in the eye of the beholder,, which is basically a Scout, they look at the numbers and value them, but they also have the eye for talent when they see it or dont see it and the best scouts in the business can see more with their eyes than numbers ever show,,, just ask em, Ive spent hours at BBQs back in the day with a few, and these guys know the numbers for their bosses, but they only keep employed by
having that observation evaluation identification,, seriously what they joke around with the OEI,, thats the term at BBqs at least because thats what I was asking,, what is this OEI and we all laughed and did a shot when they broke in my green initiation,, way back in the David Wells era,, he was a good dude.

Correct you can make them what you want them to be...is QBR in 2019 the whole story for Dak..of course not..is saying Eli lead a bad defens to a SB correct of course not....

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Correct you can make them what you want them to be...is QBR in 2019 the whole story for Dak..of course not..is saying Eli lead a bad defens to a SB correct of course not....
I edited late,, my apologies

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yes its is Collective, you can put more blame on who you would like but most NFL QB's are going to give the O-line credit for the wins, and shield the O-line from criticts when its bad. So as the QB is probably the head of the offense, not many do much when the O-line is getting handled.(again just look at the last SB) Defense is a diferent story, show me the last QB to take a bad Defense to a championship.

That's fine but to say the QB can't help the defense at all.... disingenuous.

A good QB can keep the D off the field (ball control)...keep them from vulnerable situations (interceptions on the wrong side of the field)and put points on the board. A "good" QB can take a 3 point deficit into the 2 minutes and tie or win.

All that effects the defense and the strategy employed. It can also inspire them...it is a game of emotions and momentum.

And yes of course that takes the whole offense. And the QB is in charge of it.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
That's fine but to say the QB can't help the defense at all.... disingenuous.

A good QB can keep the D off the field (ball control)...keep them from vulnerable situations (interceptions on the wrong side of the field)and put points on the board. A "good" QB can take a 3 point deficit into the 2 minutes and tie or win.

All that effects the defense and the strategy employed. It can also inspire them...it is a game of emotions and momentum.

And yes of course that takes the whole offense. And the QB is in charge of it.

Yes the QB can my point is you are using a vaccum hole if your saying the Cowboys problems are Dak, should he be blamed for his turnovers of course, is he the main reason the Cowboys have not won while he is playing....no I dont think so.

Dre11

Reaction score
You sure did. I use that as my go to when I see the ridiculous "Dak was on pace for 6,000 yard" crowd that hang their hats on that. It works both ways. If you want to go with the 6,000 yard theory then I can go with the turnover one.

ahhh, that's cap, you just got caught , you do care about 2020, just say you got caught.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
You saw who started the thread, right? This person purposely posts stuff like this with one intent, and it isn't to shower Dak with praise. It's to fight with other members and call them names.
There’s no fight if you ignore. Stop taking the bait. Everyone knows his intent.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Okay. 2020 doesn't count.
Gotcha.

Don't you know that you're supposed to bias out anything good and fixate on anything that could be bad.

You obviously do not consider how dak was actually used throughout those years. You do not consider for example how Prescott ran a lot of RPO and play-action his rookie year.

That would actually given an informed more comprehensive look at how he has progressed over the years. Our true goal is to take a massive dump on this team though.

This is obviously what fans do. I get the whole real Scotsman argument but this is getting to the point of absurdity around here.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Don't you know that you're supposed to bias out anything good and fixate on anything that could be bad.

You obviously do not consider how dak was actually used throughout those years. You do not consider for example how Prescott ran a lot of RPO and play-action his rookie year.

That would actually given an informed more comprehensive look at how he has progressed over the years. Our true goal is to take a massive dump on this team though.

This is obviously what fans do. I get the whole real Scotsman argument but this is getting to the point of absurdity around here.
Yeah. I kind of really don't care at this point what those goobers say anymore.
I might ask for some clarification from time to time so I can get what's trying to be said, but otherwise it's all a bunch of nothing.

I mean one of the main arguers would rather die than answer a simple question on just about anything.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Yeah. I kind of really don't care at this point what those goobers say anymore.
I might ask for some clarification from time to time so I can get what's trying to be said, but otherwise it's all a bunch of nothing.

I mean one of the main arguers would rather die than answer a simple question on just about anything.

First thing to consider is that they are not all unique Individuals behind those accounts.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
Last edited:

Diehardblues

Reaction score
As is always the case, it looks great for Dak and his cult followers, but it does nothing for the team. None of his stats or rankings has done anything for the team in 5 years.

Look at who the #1 passer was in 2019. Winston.... What more proof is needed to show that stats are misleading and subjective?
True but we didn’t blame the lack of Texans success on Watson.