Twitter: Dak’s improvement by year

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
You jumped into a different conversation to defend your buddy. I said it was cute and it was.
defend? what defend? you are now trying to spin my words....and you fail...again..........I asked a question. you got offended and threw a tantrum....like I said its cute. you got caught in a conundrum...." I made fun of somebody making a list, but I made my own list....hmmm how do I defend myself!!?? hmmm"...LOL

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score

1. The Dallas Cowboys' 2020 season fell apart when quarterback Dak Prescott suffered a fractured and dislocated ankle five games in. The two-time Pro Bowler was leading the NFL with 1,856 passing yards when he suffered the injury, and the offense wasn't the same without him.

Yet the team was faltering at 1-3, due in part to untimely turnovers by Dak and Zeke? Suuuuuuure, the defense was horrid, but the offense wasn't helping matters either. Turnovers do what? Put an already tired defense back onto the field.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
It was still a stupid contract to hand out. I don't expect anyone to agree... Once Dak is gone and still hasn't won any hardware for the team, his homers will turn on him and say the contract he was given in 2021 was dumb and how it hurt the team. His homers wanted him signed no matter the cost and they got their wish.
If that’s true. Who’s fault is it for paying such a contract?

Even if we hadn’t over paid for Prescott the naysayers wouldn’t have gone away. They were still here on his Rookie contract.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Hell no. I brought him up for only one reason - to show that personal stats and rankings don't always show the whole truth and are subjective.

Stats are not subjective by definition. Handwaving at yardage stats is subjective analysis certainly.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
What do the INT's look like?

Dak: 40 INT's in 69 career games for an average of .58 INT's per game (a high of 13 in 2017; throw out the high year and Dak's average is .51%)

Winston: 88 in 76 games for an average of 1.16 INT's per game (a high of 30 in 2019; throw out the high year and Winston's average is .97%)

Oh, and Dak had 146 career sacks to Winston's 171 career sacks due to an inferior offensive line and an inferior running game.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
defend? what defend? you are now trying to spin my words....and you fail...again..........I asked a question. you got offended and threw a tantrum....like I said its cute. you got caught in a conundrum...." I made fun of somebody making a list, but I made my own list....hmmm how do I defend myself!!?? hmmm"...LOL

He gets off to annoying people. You are just giving him what he wants.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
I do have a list, so do you and your buddies, so when you and your buddies post links to other peoples lists wanting me to look at how high they have ya'lls favorite player I just like to let em know that anybody can make one.

That's all. No reason to be so emotional about it.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Theyr'e not? How many playoff wins do Winston and Dak have between them?

That question just underlines that you do not understand what subjective and objective mean. The number of yards or wins is an objective reality.

pansophy

Reaction score
"Getting better and better every year"

Post a random Tweet showing that 2016 is clearly still Daks best year.

You're stuff is getting weak, Rockport. Be better.
Defenses played Dak like they would have played against Romo in 2016, defending the outside against the big play. Dak killed them in the middle of the field. But by 2017, DCs realized Dak struggled throwing to the outside and clogged the middle of the field. Dak struggled and therefore, in my opinion, 2017 is his true baseline since that is the first year defenses forced Dak to play through his weaknesses. You can see he has continued to improve every year from 2017, and unless you are saying 2020 isn't his best year because of injury, 2020 was better than 2016.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Again, who cares? I am not interested in these moralistic "deserves" arguments. Deserves has nothing to do with free market economics.

He was paining a picture where Aikman was a team first guy while Dak was just greedy and taking top dollar.

The reality is that Aikman hired Leigh Steinberg and did the same thing maximizing his contract.

No salary cap. You think Dak can win us three SB's? Very unlikely to just get one.