Twitter: Dak’s improvement by year

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I do have a list, so do you and your buddies, so when you and your buddies post links to other peoples lists wanting me to look at how high they have ya'lls favorite player I just like to let em know that anybody can make one.

That's all. No reason to be so emotional about it.
you are trying really hard with the emotional stuff....but at some point, quietly goes away because you are just embarrassing yourself...

so you have a list....and your list is better than this CBS dude....oookkk then....

you are so obsessed with Dak, its border line stalking.....

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Dak: 40 INT's in 69 career games for an average of .58 INT's per game (a high of 13 in 2017; throw out the high year and Dak's average is .51%)

Winston: 88 in 76 games for an average of 1.16 INT's per game (a high of 30 in 2019; throw out the high year and Winston's average is .97%)

Oh, and Dak had 146 career sacks to Winston's 171 career sacks due to an inferior offensive line and an inferior running game.
Appreciated.
Would you trade Dak for Winston?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Until Dak, or any other future Dallas QB, gets this franchise to a NFC title game, realist Dallas fans will not care. It's about winning, not stats. Stats are nice for the players because they plead their case for pay increases, but fans want wins.
Stats provide factual data where the strengths and weaknesses are on a team.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Defenses played Dak like they would have played against Romo in 2016, defending the outside against the big play. Dak killed them in the middle of the field. But by 2017, DCs realized Dak struggled throwing to the outside and clogged the middle of the field. Dak struggled and therefore, in my opinion, 2017 is his true baseline since that is the first year defenses forced Dak to play through his weaknesses. You can see he has continued to improve every year from 2017, and unless you are saying 2020 isn't his best year because of injury, 2020 was better than 2016.
Personally, 4 1/2 games is not a big enough sample size for me to say that 2020 was better than 2016. If he would have kept that pace the sure, but that's impossible to know.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Until Dak, or any other future Dallas QB, gets this franchise to a NFC title game, realist Dallas fans will not care. It's about winning, not stats. Stats are nice for the players because they plead their case for pay increases, but fans want wins.
Your font convinces me, lol.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
you are trying really hard with the emotional stuff....but at some point, quietly goes away because you are just embarrassing yourself...

so you have a list....and your list is better than this CBS dude....oookkk then....

you are so obsessed with Dak, its border line stalking.....
What makes his list anymore legit than mine or yours? Because it's on a website? lol

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
No salary cap. You think Dak can win us three SB's? Very unlikely to just get one.

Again, I don't care. The cap was imminent as it was being negotiated at that time, implemented for the following year, and that contract did end up causing us problems but that is besides the point.

At the end of the day Aikman was just as interested in making money as Prescott.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Fantasy Football.

"Boss, look, look...da plane, and a star on it"

Dallas Cowboys on three!

1 2 3...

COWBOYS!!!!!

CCBoy

Reaction score
Yet the team was faltering at 1-3, due in part to untimely turnovers by Dak and Zeke? Suuuuuuure, the defense was horrid, but the offense wasn't helping matters either. Turnovers do what? Put an already tired defense back onto the field.

First question...with the same defense not accounting for much? Never mind...carry on.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
what makes yours more legit than his? he gets paid to be a sports writer on a sprots site. you are an annoying troll on a message board.....so am I for that matter LOL
It doesn't. You don't care about mine the same way I don't care about yours or his. That's why I don't understand why your buddies wanna link me to it. His opinion does not matter more to me because he posts it on a website lol

pansophy

Reaction score
Personally, 4 1/2 games is not a big enough sample size for me to say that 2020 was better than 2016. If he would have kept that pace the sure, but that's impossible to know.
That's fair. His arm motion is radically different than it was in 2016 though, giving reason to be hopeful aside from just gaining experience. In 2016 I often found myself complaining about balls just being inaccurate, even if caught. Starting in 2019, when he introduced the new throwing motion, my complaints really stopped. He had a shoulder injury the 2nd half of 2019 and the 2020 ankle injury which makes his progress harder to see, but I do think Dak has truly improved his game. He is more than good enough to win the superbowl. We just need a team around him.

If it really comes down to salary constraints, I would have passed on Zeke over Dak, mainly because RB just isn't as premium a position as it once was due to the rules giving the advantage to passing teams.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score

Thats my stance. I wouldn't care if Dak was the #1 ranked QB stat wise for 10 years in a row if they still couldn't make it out of the 1st round of the playoffs.

Dan Marino is sort of in the same ball park. Hall of fame stats, but never won the big one. But what people fail to point out when trying to compare Marino and Dak is that Marino made it to three AFC championship games and one super bowl.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Thats my stance. I wouldn't care if Dak was the #1 ranked QB stat wise for 10 years in a row if they still couldn't make it out of the 1st round of the playoffs.

Dan Marino is sort of in the same ball park. Hall of fame stats, but never won the big one. But what people fail to point out when trying to compare Marino and Dak is that Marino made it to three AFC championship games and one super bowl.
The bigger point is that QB wasn’t their weakness.

And that’s what the factual data is supporting of our QB. That he isn’t the core weakness of our team.

There’s been many good and even great QB’s in NFL history who’s team didn’t win a championship.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score

I wouldn't care if Dak wins the Super Bowl how Trent Dilfer or Brnd Johnson did. If you can lead us to a ring then I will not say another bad thing about you. Your stats can be trash for all I care. Just win.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
The bigger point is that QB wasn’t their weakness.

And that’s what the factual data is supporting of our QB. That he isn’t the core weakness of our team.

There’s been many good and even great QB’s in NFL history who’s team didn’t win a championship.

I don't care to go back and do the research because 2020 was such a bad year, but I believe you will find that the offense contributed to the 1-3 start as much as the horrid defense did. There were too many 3 and outs, turnovers, etc that kept putting a terrible defense back onto the field. Special teams was just as bad.

It was a team effort of suckage.