Dak’s Inaccurate Myth is just that, a Myth

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Sorry but he is an inaccurate QB. He has been gifted with incredible protection from great O Lines all of his career.. the amount of time he has (and takes) to throw is huge.. and he still routinely throws behind and low. We could drag up posts from 2016 pointing out that he throws low and behind.. and here we sit and can still say the same thing.

Dak looks great (like SERIOUSLY great) when he has a clean pocket, the RBs are rolling and he can then pop a short pass that goes for monster YAC as the D is pushing down to stop the run. It is the formula he has used to earn his millions and it is actually a great formula.. but it doesn't make him accurate.

If I could give the ball to one NFL QB to hit the target to save my life.. it ain't Dak. I don't care what your stats say. And if anyone would choose Dak first.. yikes..

Even yesterday.. we were dominant and Dak played a great game.. but look who scored the TDs.. Zeke x 2 and Pollard x 2.. and both of Pollards were after long YAC. Dak missed 9 opportunities to pass into tight windows in the RZ. That is where his accuracy gets found out. But you are right that all QBs struggle at times.. but using completion % to measure accuracy is just lazy.
oh jeez. and you know this because of your eye test? incredible amount of time....weren't you one of the people who wanted to hang Williams and Biadasz and hated Collins...or wait, goal post moved, those are all great players for the sake of this argument.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
If Dak was as accurate as YOU want to believe....that pass to Noah would have been a td.

I accept Dak for what he is...a good qb with some specific flaws. Not unusual. But I'm not blowing smoke up his butt either.

We can win...with Dak just doing what he does. He's not the best ever...it's dumb to paint him so. He doesn't have to be. I accept him as is and cheer him on. He doesn't need fake smoke hlien up his az and neither do we. In fact it's counter productive.

But...you do what you need to do...if that is how you roll. You should help me defend Zeke like you do Dak.... since yer such a grand team player.
22 of 25....a pass is 6 inches off and he is inaccurate...got it...

show me a QB whose throws have been perfect and that they led their recievers each time to lead to TDs and extended runs...

come on man

terra

Reaction score
The Romo haters were pretty rabid but the Dak Fanboys got them beat for delusion and stupidity

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Helps that Dak's YPA has decreased the last few seasons as the Dallas OC adjusts the offense to shorter dump off type passes to assist Dak's skill sets whereas Mahomes and Allen has gone up.....but hey, whatever you need to do to prop up your Dak love.
hmmm, YPA for Allen went from 7.9 to 6.8 in 2021....
YPA for Mahomes went from 8.3 to 8.1 to 7.5 in 2021

you just reached back up your you know what and just pulled something out...it wasn't facts...now go wash your hands.

dude, I know you are old and crinkly...but there is something called the internet. there is a lot of facts and information available for you to check so you should do your search first before posting total bullshiet.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Didn’t he just go 22-25..
everyone heaps their negativity onto Dak because hes the face of the franchise on the field and they REALLY can't stand Jerry but know that he aint selling the team and going anywhere, so DAK is the "go to" for all the negative junk. Its really sucks.

glimmerman

Reaction score
everyone heaps their negativity onto Dak because hes the face of the franchise on the field and they REALLY can't stand Jerry but know that he aint selling the team and going anywhere, so DAK is the "go to" for all the negative junk. Its really sucks.
I know. It was Romo before that. But a good QB uses the talent on the field. That’s what he does. He played a good solid game Sunday. 22-25 and the one pass to Shultz hit him right in the hands. Use the run game and got it to the playmakers. Our Defense did a 180. If this team continues to do that we are hard to beat..

Rayman70

Reaction score
I know. It was Romo before that. But a good QB uses the talent on the field. That’s what he does. He played a good solid game Sunday. 22-25 and the one pass to Shultz hit him right in the hands. Use the run game and got it to the playmakers. Our Defense did a 180. If this team continues to do that we are hard to beat..
Agree. Every single game has 2 be treated as a playoff game. Because the division is so great. 1 more loss by us and it will be a hard hole 2 dig out of.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Agree. Every single game has 2 be treated as a playoff game. Because the division is so great. 1 more loss by us and it will be a hard hole 2 dig out of.
Yeah. Thursday we can put a gap and a jump up with a win. I think the egirls will fold towards the end of year. Or drop down.

foofighters

Reaction score
Every denier here always brings up that Dak isn’t an accurate QB. This is a prime example of how perception becomes reality. Every QB has bad throws. All of them. A video came out early in Dak’s career where he was competing with some former QB (can’t remember his name) in a friendly game of throwing the football at targets and the former QB beat him out. After seeing that, the yahoos have been constantly harping on how inaccurate Dak is. Yet Dak’s current career completion rate is 66.7%. Brady’s is 64.2%. Aaron Rogers is 65.4. Patrick Mahomes is 66.1. Josh Allens is 62.1

Now I’m not saying Dak is better than any of those QB’s. He’s not. But he’s close and he’s not inaccurate like so many of the deniers here say he is. It’s just not true.
I don't know if it's been said already in this thread but here goes (for the like the 1000th time), discussing Dak's passes in terms of stats is misleading. Now this year, I haven't seen much but we don't have a lot of games with Dak this year. The example of what I talk about with Dak happened in Minny this weekend. Dak threw a slant to Gallup (I believe) and the throw was high. Gallup caught it and had to immediately go down because he took a shot. Had he stayed up, it would have been a bigger hit. It wasn't a long throw and Dak has had a history of making receivers move all over to catch a ball. This has led to missed opportunities for more YAK. Now, in no way am I getting on Dak for his above throw to Gallup because Dak was throwing some very nice balls all game long. That was just one pass that was off and yes ALL QB's miss their target. But it's my one of my critiques with Dak. It's more ball placement than accuracy because his WRs are catching the ball, but Dak needs to work on setting them up for more yardage. However, last week, Dak was very good and I was pleased with what I saw.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Every denier here always brings up that Dak isn’t an accurate QB. This is a prime example of how perception becomes reality. Every QB has bad throws. All of them. A video came out early in Dak’s career where he was competing with some former QB (can’t remember his name) in a friendly game of throwing the football at targets and the former QB beat him out. After seeing that, the yahoos have been constantly harping on how inaccurate Dak is. Yet Dak’s current career completion rate is 66.7%. Brady’s is 64.2%. Aaron Rogers is 65.4. Patrick Mahomes is 66.1. Josh Allens is 62.1

Now I’m not saying Dak is better than any of those QB’s. He’s not. But he’s close and he’s not inaccurate like so many of the deniers here say he is. It’s just not true.

I will say Dak is not elite but he is much better than his critics claim. from his accuracy to all he can do is dink and dunk he is unable to make reads, all of that is a load of crap. I do think what hurts him at times is he gets amp up in big games and tends to throw some high balls early on and at time gets overconfident and forces balls into coverage.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Yeah. Thursday we can put a gap and a jump up with a win. I think the egirls will fold towards the end of year. Or drop down.
I think the Iggles will lose 3 more max. I think realistically, we MIGHT be able 2 lose 1 more and thats it. We may see an 11 win team miss the playoffs and I hope it isnt Dallas.

Hardline

Reaction score
that's what I am asking. where do you stand? do you credit the QB for wins or not...doesn't matter where you stand. you tell me your opinion
There is no bigger factor than the QB that determines wins and loses. It's the most important position in football and the highest paid. You simply aren't going to win without one. Whole teams contribute also.

glimmerman

Reaction score
I think the Iggles will lose 3 more max. I think realistically, we MIGHT be able 2 lose 1 more and thats it. We may see an 11 win team miss the playoffs and I hope it isnt Dallas.
Yeah it’s what upset me so bad about dropping the packers game. We needed to hold on to that game. Then this weeks vikings game would have gravy. Most had us losing it. They were supposedly the worst 8-1 team. Sorry but 8-1 is a good team. But most here won’t think it was considered a big game. We dismantled that team and the wheels fell off of them. Now they have to bounce back. Not every team can stop them, our Defense played disciplined as you can..