Dak’s Inaccurate Myth is just that, a Myth

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Dak is whatever. Stop it with these Pom Pom threads.

We’ll go as far as our run game and Parsons can carry us. Dak is not that big of a factor unless he starts throwing a ton which means we will likely lose.
If you guys are going to keep saying "we go as far as the run game and Parsons carry them" then you can't blame Dak at all for losing.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Huh?
What in the heck does this mean.
So he hits Pollard with a perfect pass…so that didn’t count…it basically sealed the game…but it didn’t count….
I was thinking the sideline pass to Lamb to set up the FG before half

b0xZZ

Reaction score
Dak had a solid game let’s leave it at that. He’s just as likely to go out and look terrible on thanksgiving because that’s what he’s been doing the last year. Yes Dak is generally inaccurate and to argue against that is dumb.

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
Every denier here always brings up that Dak isn’t an accurate QB. This is a prime example of how perception becomes reality. Every QB has bad throws. All of them. A video came out early in Dak’s career where he was competing with some former QB (can’t remember his name) in a friendly game of throwing the football at targets and the former QB beat him out. After seeing that, the yahoos have been constantly harping on how inaccurate Dak is. Yet Dak’s current career completion rate is 66.7%. Brady’s is 64.2%. Aaron Rogers is 65.4. Patrick Mahomes is 66.1. Josh Allens is 62.1

Now I’m not saying Dak is better than any of those QB’s. He’s not. But he’s close and he’s not inaccurate like so many of the deniers here say he is. It’s just not true.
Guess you missed GB game where he missed 5 easy 10 yard throws. But hey, what do guys like Kurt Warner know?

cowboyed

Reaction score
Dak had a solid game let’s leave it at that. He’s just as likely to go out and look terrible on thanksgiving because that’s what he’s been doing the last year. Yes Dak is generally inaccurate and to argue against that is dumb.

For a quarterback that you characterize as generally inaccurate Dak seems to be one of the better passers in the league, barring injury. Dak is not quite elite but he is an above average quarterback in the league. To argue against that is narrow minded.

TD–INT: 146–52
Completion percentage: 66.6%
Passer rating: 98.5
Rushing yards: 1,505
Rushing touchdowns: 26

Certainly Dak is not perfect and he could improve on his passing decision making and also getting the ball out quicker to receivers - in my humble opinion.

Blackrain

Reaction score
DAk works on his craft every year and his passing has steadily improved.

When you combine that with his running ability you have a very difficult guy to stop.

DAk struggles with the same things that every quarterback in the league struggles with.
Receivers that drop the ball and an offensive line that cripples him with pre-snap penalties at times.
How many plays have we seen called back because of holding or a false start that starts Dak out behind the chains.

When everybody else on the offense does their job Dak performs at a very high level.
When Dak struggles it's not because of his lack of talent or commitment to his craft.
It is many times because of the lack of discipline of his teammates that create situations that are next to impossible for him to overcome.

All that said I was elated to see him use his legs and run for that first down That's a part of his game that I believe because of injury he has not used as he normally would but for us to succeed in the postseason he has to make plays with his legs

Blackrain

Reaction score
My biggest criticisms of DAk Don't really involve his passing accuracy.
I absolutely love the old Dak That didn't hesitate to Tuck the ball away and settle for a safe modest gain.

He has admitted to sometimes getting greedy and waiting a little too long for the big play in the passing game and this is when things snowball on him where if he just tucked it away and ran for 5 yards we would continue moving than chains rather than putting the defense back on the field.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
59.2. Just shows you need a team to win not just 1 player. Thanks for asking.

So then why create a thread praising just Dak as you always do instead of praising the whole team as you just stated is needed to win? You are so transparent in your Dak lobe agenda, especially seeing as how you went AWOL after the GB loss.

doomsday9084

Reaction score
Compare his on target%/bad pass%, it's terrible. Most guys have 5 on target for every bad pass, Dak is at 3.18, only Tannehill is worse at 3.15. Rush is at 4.48

+1.

I think there is a group of people that is unaware that these are tracked stats. This is no longer in the realm of opinion. This thread is like saying that "Zeke has one of the highest yards per carry in the NFL." Its just not true.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
Every denier here always brings up that Dak isn’t an accurate QB. This is a prime example of how perception becomes reality. Every QB has bad throws. All of them. A video came out early in Dak’s career where he was competing with some former QB (can’t remember his name) in a friendly game of throwing the football at targets and the former QB beat him out. After seeing that, the yahoos have been constantly harping on how inaccurate Dak is. Yet Dak’s current career completion rate is 66.7%. Brady’s is 64.2%. Aaron Rogers is 65.4. Patrick Mahomes is 66.1. Josh Allens is 62.1

Now I’m not saying Dak is better than any of those QB’s. He’s not. But he’s close and he’s not inaccurate like so many of the deniers here say he is. It’s just not true.

Helps that Dak's YPA has decreased the last few seasons as the Dallas OC adjusts the offense to shorter dump off type passes to assist Dak's skill sets whereas Mahomes and Allen has gone up.....but hey, whatever you need to do to prop up your Dak love.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
Dak's problem is not inaccuracy ....... its inconsistency.

He plays like a top 5 QB sometimes
And he plays like dog doodoo sometimes.

If everyone would just admit that most of these petty fights would stop .....

Hopefully he can get to where he is good Dak like yesterday 90% of the time
Thank you

Blackrain

Reaction score
Thank you
Part of being good Dak requires his teammates to do their jobs and not cripple him with insurmountable penalties he can't overcome and they need to catch the ball like NFL receivers are supposed to within a normal catch radius.
I can't imagine how much better Dak would look and his stats would look if we had a receiver like DeAndre Hopkins.

The scenarios vary from game to game look at the Minnesota game guys were catching the ball penalties were cut in half and we steamrolled them

Other games there are all kind of important drops and penalties keeping him behind the chains all the time circumstances alter cases and this leads to his inconsistencies

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Dak had a Carrer game because maybe he finally figured out that he doesn't have to be the superhero.
Rushs' value might be extremely underrated, he layed out the blueprint, just use the talent that is already in place.
rush benefited from a defense that gave up 17,16,10,10 points....as soon as the defense collapsed and gave up 27. we lost. Rush didn't use the talent around him. the offense was putrid. we scored 13 against the rams and 17 against philly with three interceptions. that's not using the talent around you.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Accuracy is about putting the ball where it needs to be all the time, no one is 100% accurate but remember those videos with JG where Dak needed to hit a spot and JG beat him and he was only what 3 feet away from each other.
and because he wasn't as good throwing back then, means he is like that his entire career? so there is never any improvements. what about last year when he beat Herbert?

I am not saying he is one of the most accurate, but he is not what people who don't like him make him out to be. there are certain throws he struggles with. not sure why.