Dak about to be a dad

Status
Not open for further replies.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
There was not anything wrong with Romo and Candice naming their children, just as there will not be anything wrong with Prescott and Sarah Jane naming their child.
I didn't say it was wrong, just not something that is normally done. Do you know of anyone who has given last names as first names to their children?

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Seems like he hasn’t been dating this girl very long. I remember seeing pictures of him and another girlfriend less than two years ago. I just started seeing pics of him and his current girlfriend within the past few months.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I didn't say it was wrong, just not something that is normally done. Do you know of anyone who has given last names as first names to their children?
lol. I have work in the healthcare industry for nearly 35 years, over 20 years in the medical records field. I have seen-and-read thousands of names. I would be one of those individuals who have seen more combinations than most.

In my opinion, 'commonly' would be a better descriptor than 'normally'. Jones, Rivers and Hawkins are normal names, regardless of their order on a birth certificate.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
lol. I have work in the healthcare industry for nearly 35 years, over 20 years in the medical records field. I have seen-and-read thousands of names. I would be one of those individuals who have seen more combinations than most.

In my opinion, 'commonly' would be a better descriptor than 'normally'. Jones, Rivers and Hawkins are normal names, regardless of their order on a birth certificate.
You're still not answering my question: Have you seen last names used as first names?

TheFinisher

Reaction score
You don't need to be married, but when you are not married, she has Dak by the short hairs if things go south. If you are married and things go south you have legal rights that you don't when you are not married. I guess in Canada you can just go have babies all over the country, huh? You're probably to young to have kids anyway if you needed to ask that question.

Anyway, good luck with all that, Dak.
If you’re married and things go south you’re on the hook for alimony and half your assets.

That’s a suckers game.

Momanpr100

Reaction score
Yes I am, 3 granddaughters and one grandson, finally got my boy. Yes it is a wonderful feeling, congrats to you too!
Thanks and God Bless them. I love the fact I can go to my daughter's house and make my grandson super hyper, and then leave her with the hyper baby lol.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Wait until he finds out about first names being used as last names. Matt Ryan is gonna blow his mind
Nothing new. There are many people whose last names are used as first names as well (ie Matt Ryan, Matt Patricia, Hank Aaron, Marv Albert, etc), but how often do you see anyone carry a last name as a first name?

jwitten82

Reaction score
Seems like he hasn’t been dating this girl very long. I remember seeing pictures of him and another girlfriend less than two years ago. I just started seeing pics of him and his current girlfriend within the past few months.
Maybe there was an overlap

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Nothing new. There are many people whose last names are used as first names as well (ie Matt Ryan, Matt Patricia, Hankins Aaron, Marv Albert, etc), but how often do you see anyone carry a last name as a first name?
Literally all the time. Are you familiar with the Scandinavian naming scheme where in elden times people used first name+son or first named+dottir as their children’s last names? Thats how we got common last names such as Clarkson, Davidson, Anderson, Johnson.

Carson Palmer, Cardinals QB

Carson Wentz, Rams QB

Carson Daly, MTV host

Madison Bumgarner, MLB Pitcher

Jefferson Davis, for all the Texas history buffs.

Jackson Kelley, Dr. Leonard McCoy “Bones” on ST the Original series

Jackson Pollack, famous painter for who knows why

Anderson Cooper, News Broadcaster

Addison Ray, socialite celebrity

Harrison Ford, international artifact thief

Probably could go on forever. And that’s only from that specific surname style. We could go with other ones like Davis Mills, Channing Tatum, Rogers Hornsby, or Hunter S Thompson. It’s endless.

Girls in particular right now it’s en vogue to give them last names. Bailey, Hudson, Harper, Taylor are all common girls names that were historically last names.

It’s everywhere, why people are puzzled if your question is serious.

Last edited:

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Literally all the time. Are you familiar with the Scandinavian naming scheme where in elden times people used first name+son or first named+dottir as their children’s last names? Thats how we got common last names such as Clarkson, Davidson, Anderson, Johnson.

Carson Palmer, Cardinals QB

Carson Wentz, Rams QB

Carson Daly, MTV host

Madison Bumgarner, MLB Pitcher

Jefferson Davis, for all the Texas history buffs.

Jackson Kelley, Dr. Leonard McCoy “Bones” on ST the Original series

Jackson Pollack, famous painter for who knows why

Anderson Cooper, News Broadcaster

Addison Ray, socialite celebrity

Harrison Ford, international artifact thief

Probably could go on forever. And that’s only from that specific surname style. We could go with other ones like Davis Mills, Channing Tatum, Rogers Hornsby, or Hunter S Thompson. It’s endless.

Girls in particular right now it’s en vogue to give them last names. Bailey, Hudson, Harper, Taylor are all common girls names that were historically last names.

It’s everywhere, why people are puzzled if your question is serious.
Aaah, good stuff. Thanks for enlightening me.

Status
Not open for further replies.