Video: Dak doesn’t deserve long term deal until SB win

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
That was a reply to someone who said not to resign a QB until they win a Super Bowl and I pointed out that in the last 20 years there has only been two QB's that did that so that would mean the 99% of the QB's coming off their rookie contracts wouldn't get signed I didn't say anything about how good either QB is.or if anyone wished they had either QB.

Fair enough. I don't agree with not signing QBs just because they haven't won a Super Bowl but then again, I don't agree with signing QBs to record breaking deals when they haven't proven they can either. JMO

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Maybe I should have read some of the background posts. If I missed something, my apologies.

No, you didn't miss anything. I was just making a general comment because I was not involved in the conversation either. Asking a general question.

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
Jerry and McClay should make Dak play under the franchise tag and make him prove that he is worth big contract by winning a SB. No excuses. DO NOT CAVE IN.

That's why we are in this predicament now. Dak bet on himself. Jerry and Stephen bet on his failure. They lost!:facepalm:

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
i love how the standard changes when its our QB.
i missed those super bowl titles goff and wentz won before their new deals.
if you didn't know better...you'd think Dak has QB'd us to 4 straight 0-16 seasons.
I hate how fans today expect no better than equal sub par over payed performance.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
you just said after his 3rd season. In your original post you said after his rookie season. You are all over the place
Didn't have the heart to back track and :lmao:@JoeKing, just wasn't worth it.
I was about to post the same,,, jees.. Dak Slobbers abound.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
I see. So you basically pay him as the highest paid player in the NFL, regardless of what the price tag was? Keep in mind, the offer of 30, at the time, would have made him the second highest paid player in the NFL. The offer of 27, which was the original offer according to reports, would have made him the second highest, along with Garoppolo. So you believe that the Cowboys should have paid him 34 or whatever it took to get him to sign an extension? Is that essentially accurate?
the old adage.. hindsight is always 20/20

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
This is the problem right? You see a lot of people say that QB average Salaries are this or that because QBs like Tannehill or whomever got paid X but the truth is that there is an average and it appears to be 18 mil. Now, is Dak worth more then that? Perhaps he is, that's not for me to say. But just because his contract is up this season, it doesn't immediately mean that he is entitled to record breaking money either. I don't know where this idea came from, it wasn't always that way but somehow, that just seems like where we are at now. It's like you can't pay Dak above average, you can only give him a record breaking deal. I don't understand where that comes from honestly.
That is so completely true, especially your last sentence, I keep thinking the same thing for so long now.
Didn't want to be on this side of the Dak debate, but that IMHO truly exposes his character, and that character flaw will resonate in this locker room, that's what Im more concerned about, so much more than an overpay mega deal that Dak gets.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
I'm not saying that at all. The rules concerning rookie contracts suck.
Ya you said it, your just back tracking now,,, its fine bro, sometimes you get called out on facts that you cant back up, we have all done it, just admit it and move forward, no big deal.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
So while everyone else gets paid Dak has to win a superbowl to get a new contract?. This offseason needs to end so the subject can change.
This had to be the most knowledgeable statement I’ve ever heard. Totally agree with you . No ring we don’t pay you. Imagine if the entire league did that

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Jerry and McClay should make Dak play under the franchise tag and make him prove that he is worth big contract by winning a SB. No excuses. DO NOT CAVE IN.

Lmao Can’t help it ridiculous statement. Especially when Prescott already said don’t pay me until I prove myself. Any more than did that

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
That's why we are in this predicament now. Dak bet on himself. Jerry and Stephen bet on his failure. They lost!:facepalm:

So they bet he would fail so that they could sign a failed/unsuccessful QB to a cheaper contract.

There's logic there somewhere:huh::huh:

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Ya you said it, your just back tracking now,,, its fine bro, sometimes you get called out on facts that you cant back up, we have all done it, just admit it and move forward, no big deal.

Not sure if serious. :cool:

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
This had to be the most knowledgeable statement I’ve ever heard. Totally agree with you . No ring we don’t pay you. Imagine if the entire league did that
If I told you that a frogs *** is water tight, would you think Im Einstein also. Dak = MC squared

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
If I told you that a frogs *** is water tight, would you think Im Einstein also. Dak = MC squared
So you think everybody needs to win a ring before they get paid. Do you not get sarcasm. Do you not understand how simple of a statement that is. Did you flunk sandbox my cowboy brother

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
So you think everybody needs to win a ring before they get paid
Of course not, the trick of a talented FO is to recognize an up and coming talents abilities and projecting that future contract because you know what you have now can be had at a substantial discount.
That's the question with Dak,,, was Dak so under payed during his rookie contract, and the FO failed to recognize his uber talent
Or
Did the FO say, that's one hell of a 4th round draft pick that can never become a franchise type QB?
That's were the division lies on this entire Dak never ending drama.
I believe the latter, that this FO realized they bought some serious time to transition from Romo era,, and only cost them a 4th round pick.
Now Dak wants to make up those first 4 years with a blockbuster, history making top payed contract.
Both sides are having a very difficult time understanding how to make this work.