Dak: Don't plan on being 3-5. However, that's up to the front office. You know what I mean

Blue64

Reaction score
Hahaahahhahaa

That's an adorable way to cope with the harsh reality that Troy Aikman was complete garbage whenever his supporting cast sucked.

0-2 record and 13.0 PPG through 2 games in 1993, with a DOMINANT Super Bowl roster, just because his RB was out?

I'm sorry to kill your "Save us, Superman QB!" fetish.

And did you just imply that Emmitt Smith was merely a "pretty good RB"? Literally the NFL MVP and SB MVP in 1993, after Troy started the year 0-2 without him. LMAO!!!!
:lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2:
Ok Dak… or family member you keep thinking like you do…
Understand this… you can throw all the stats you want… Aikman was a better QB than Dak will ever be… even if Aikman played in a wheelchair.

At least I saw Aikman and Staubach play and watched the cowboys on top of the NFL.

But hey you contend yourself with your stats.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
"Don't make it"? LMAO!

Your inability to form a cogent thought makes sense now.

Sorry, that must've gone over your head. Google "cogent."
:lmao2: :lmao2::lmao2:
Nope....still not right or funny. Keep trying kid. Make mommy proud.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Winning SB's is not a QB stat. The entire team wins the SB. Everyone on the team got a ring.

Google QB stats. That don't have a column for SB rings.

Figure it out already.
You see...I never said it was qb stat. I said it was a stat.

Why do people say Marino never won a super bowl? Do they say it about the center? We don't even remember his name.

We should try harder to disagree with grace.

Nav22

Reaction score
Ok Dak… or family member you keep thinking like you do…
Understand this… you can throw all the stats you want… Aikman was a better QB than Dak will ever be… even if Aikman played in a wheelchair.

At least I saw Aikman and Staubach play and watched the cowboys on top of the NFL.

But hey you contend yourself with your stats.
You're not smart enough to realize that the more you hype Troy Aikman, the more you make my point for me.

Troy's a LEGEND, right???

So why did he suck so badly whenever he had a poor supporting cast???

And how can you expect a LESSER QB like Dak to succeed with a poor supporting cast???

"DURRRRR I STILL DON'T GET IT!!!"
:lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:

Nav22

Reaction score
Nope....still not right or funny. Keep trying kid. Make mommy proud.
Your English is shameful for a native speaker.

I won't lower myself to debating you about football. Master "Green Eggs and Ham" first.

Blue64

Reaction score
You're not smart enough to realize that the more you hype Troy Aikman, the more you make my point for me.

Troy's a LEGEND, right???

So why did he suck so badly whenever he had a poor supporting cast???

And how can you expect a LESSER QB like Dak to succeed with a poor supporting cast???

"DURRRRR I STILL DON'T GET IT!!!"
:lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:
You know why I answer you Dak Prescott lover…
It’s because every time you write something you are only showing your ignorance.

So you’re saying Elliot in his prime, Witten etc.. were a poor supporting cast.

You seem to forget that there was a period when Dak was throwing a bunch of interceptions, but I guess that was not on him, it’s because he had a poor supporting cast.
You know it’s been 9 years now but Mr weak supporting cast is always saying he will learn from a loss. Oh and by the way his deer caught in the headlights look during the playoffs is because he has such a weak cast around him.

I suggest you go find some videos of Aikman playing and then compare the HOF’er to Dak who can’t even throw beyond 30 yards or tends to under throw his receivers.

Know what Dak lover… Dak wouldn’t even be Aikmans backup… cause his backups where better than your princess.

Nav22

Reaction score
You know why I answer you Dak Prescott lover…
It’s because every time you write something you are only showing your ignorance.

So you’re saying Elliot in his prime, Witten etc.. were a poor supporting cast.

You seem to forget that there was a period when Dak was throwing a bunch of interceptions, but I guess that was not on him, it’s because he had a poor supporting cast.
You know it’s been 9 years now but Mr weak supporting cast is always saying he will learn from a loss. Oh and by the way his deer caught in the headlights look during the playoffs is because he has such a weak cast around him.

I suggest you go find some videos of Aikman playing and then compare the HOF’er to Dak who can’t even throw beyond 30 yards or tends to under throw his receivers.

Know what Dak lover… Dak wouldn’t even be Aikmans backup… cause his backups where better than your princess.
Prime Elliott???

Oh, you mean Dak's rookie year, when he was literally the Offensive Rookie of the Year and led the team to a 13-3 record?

That's the same level of failure as Aikman being booed off the field at home, or starting 0-2 with 13.0 PPG?

LMAAAAAOOOO!!!!!!! The more you try, the more I laugh. Please don't stop!

Chasing6

Reaction score
Prime Elliott???

Oh, you mean Dak's rookie year, when he was literally the Offensive Rookie of the Year and led the team to a 13-3 record?

That's the same level of failure as Aikman being booed off the field at home, or starting 0-2 with 13.0 PPG?

LMAAAAAOOOO!!!!!!! The more you try, the more I laugh. Please don't stop!
I also believe we won the SB after starting 0-2. So Troy had a SB team minus Emmett and could not score more than 10 points against Buffalo. We lost 13-10. Troy had 2 picks that game.

Then we play Buffalo in the SB. We won 30-13. So our D played at a similar level. So did Troy, no TD's and an Int. So I wonder what the difference was???

Emmit Smith 30 attempts 132 yards, 2 TD's, 4 receptions for 26 yards.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Yeah, not with this team. But keep in mind, the Cowboys back then weren't playing against the teams of today. They were up against close to equally talented teams like the 49ers. It wasn't just the Cowboys that were stacked. They were every bit as good as us. Even the Packers had a few stacked teams.

Back then stacked teams won super bowls every year. But they are going up against other stacked teams. Dallas won 3 back then. They didn't go into the playoffs as heavy favorites and get blown out at home. A QB can make a bit of a difference. Trent Geen wasn't taking the Rams to a super bowl, and either was Drew Bledsoe the year he got hurt.
There was not a salary cap back then. Some teams were stacked, but not many. The NFL is way more competitive today.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
It is to prove a point that teams win SB's not the QB.

It is easy to see why Troy's name is mentioned. He played on arguable the best team ever assembled.

Troy had a well balanced team. Dak does not.

Anyone who think Troy would be winning with this current roster is clueless.

Uneducated fans think QB's win SB all by themselves.
Dak would not have been able to win a SB on Troys teams.

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
I think more fans are finally seeing the light. The clown you are talking to is becoming anomaly. That’s why I hit the ignore button on him long ago. He’s either a FO plant or kin to Dak. He may be a Ms. St. Fan.
I'm a Troy Aikman fan. 3 Super Bowls is 3 Super Bowls. He was better than Dak

But lets not act like Troy looked like Troy when he had a terrible supporting cast

Like I said, the Dak contract has prevented us from having REAL football conversations because of how offended many people are. Pointing out that Troy struggled when his supporting cast was bad is simply stating facts. Those facts are part of a REAL football conversation

Bill Parcells once said this about QBs...."No matter how great they are, they all look the SAME when you pressure them"
Does not mean some QBs are not better than others. It means putting pressure in their face can make even the best ones look pedestrian.

So @Nav22 stance on Troy is not narrative based...it is facts...I was there when Clay Shiver was the center and Aikman looked ready to tap out(and I don't blame him) I was there when Michael Irvin got hurt at Vet stadium and never played another game...Troy NEVER looked the same after that. Troy's greatness should not PREVENT us from having a football conversation!!!

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Your English is shameful for a native speaker.

I won't lower myself to debating you about football. Master "Green Eggs and Ham" first.
Oh...a right proper English critic, eh? On a sports chat board no less.

Well ain't you special.

And you think it bothers me. Now...you are actually hilarious! ":lmao::lmao::lmao:"

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm a Troy Aikman fan. 3 Super Bowls is 3 Super Bowls. He was better than Dak

But lets not act like Troy looked like Troy when he had a terrible supporting cast

Like I said, the Dak contract has prevented us from having REAL football conversations because of how offended many people are. Pointing out that Troy struggled when his supporting cast was bad is simply stating facts. Those facts are part of a REAL football conversation

Bill Parcells once said this about QBs...."No matter how great they are, they all look the SAME when you pressure them"
Does not mean some QBs are not better than others. It means putting pressure in their face can make even the best ones look pedestrian.

So @Nav22 stance on Troy is not narrative based...it is facts...I was there when Clay Shiver was the center and Aikman looked ready to tap out(and I don't blame him) I was there when Michael Irvin got hurt at Vet stadium and never played another game...Troy NEVER looked the same after that. Troy's greatness should not PREVENT us from having a football conversation!!!
Yes....some levity finally! Two (or more) things can be true at the same time. I can't figure out why some people take just one and go so hard at it.

But humans will be human. So very faulty. Why drag troy through the mud? I just don't get it.

Anyway...great post my compliments.

jgboys1

Reaction score
Maybe if he took a little less money their will a little more to spread around to the rest of the roster.

P.S. Yes I know the cap is a myth, Daktoids. Just humor me for a little while.

Flamma

Reaction score
There was not a salary cap back then. Some teams were stacked, but not many. The NFL is way more competitive today.
But it was no different because there wasn't free agency either. You had to compete with other stacked teams. The competition may have been between fewer teams back then, but it was no easier. The only difference between then and now is that more teams are competitive now. But it wasn't any easier. Between 1991 and 1995 the Cowboys had stiff competition against very good teams. The 1992 49ers were probably the better team. The Cowboys came away with 3 SBs in that time frame. These Cowboys never beat the better team. They even lose as the better team. There is no comparison between Aikman and Dak. It's like comparing a Yaris with a Jaguar. Dak is competing against modern day average defenses. There are no stacked defenses anymore. I can imagine his stat line against the 1992 Eagles. It would be embarrassing.