Dak: Don't plan on being 3-5. However, that's up to the front office. You know what I mean

Legend

Reaction score
I'm a Troy Aikman fan. 3 Super Bowls is 3 Super Bowls. He was better than Dak

But lets not act like Troy looked like Troy when he had a terrible supporting cast

Like I said, the Dak contract has prevented us from having REAL football conversations because of how offended many people are. Pointing out that Troy struggled when his supporting cast was bad is simply stating facts. Those facts are part of a REAL football conversation

Bill Parcells once said this about QBs...."No matter how great they are, they all look the SAME when you pressure them"
Does not mean some QBs are not better than others. It means putting pressure in their face can make even the best ones look pedestrian.

So @Nav22 stance on Troy is not narrative based...it is facts...I was there when Clay Shiver was the center and Aikman looked ready to tap out(and I don't blame him) I was there when Michael Irvin got hurt at Vet stadium and never played another game...Troy NEVER looked the same after that. Troy's greatness should not PREVENT us from having a football conversation!!!
But you and Nav22 are making excuses because Dak has never won a divisional round playoff game and is 2-5 in the playoffs.

Why is that?

Dak outplayed Rodgers, Goff, and Brady in the playoffs but was outplayed by Wilson, Purdy (2x), and Love (1x).

I.e., Dak has played bad in 3 of his last 4 playoff games.

Dak’s ceiling now is winning a Wild Card game.

Thus, it is an insult to compare him to a Hall of Fame QB who elevated his play in the playoffs during his SB run and to discredit this QB by stating he only won because he had a stacked team.

It is better to compare Dak to other QBs in his era who won divisional round playoff games, championship games, and/or SBs.

Dak never played on a team as bad as the 1989 1-15 Dallas Cowboys or against stacked teams like the Bills & 49ers of the 1990s, and in the NFC East division when it was a beast or the best in the NFL.

From 1990-1995, a NFC East team won the Super Bowl 5 times in six years.

And it is going to get worse for Dak since the current team is bad and more embarrassments are on the way.

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
Man, 1 1/2 weeks more to go until the Niners game. This is taking forever. Would be awesome if we could kick their butts when nobody's thinking we can pull it off (including me).

What games to watch this weekend?

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
But you and Nav22 are making excuses because Dak has never won a divisional round playoff game and is 2-5 in the playoffs.

Why is that?

Dak outplayed Rodgers, Goff, and Brady in the playoffs but was outplayed by Wilson, Purdy (2x), and Love (1x).

Thus, it is an insult to compare him to a Hall of Fame QB who elevated his play in the playoffs during his SB run and to discredit this QB by stating he only won because he had a stacked team.

It is better to compare Dak to other QBs in his era who won divisional round playoff games, championship games, and/or SBs.

Dak never played on a team as bad as the 1989 1-15 Dallas Cowboys or against stacked teams like the Bills & 49ers of the 1990s, and in the NFC East division when it was a beast or the best in the NFL.

And it is going to get worse for Dak since the current team is bad and more embarrassments are on the way.
How am I making excuses for Dak? I said Troy is better!

But I have been a Cowboys fan for a long time and I remember what Troy looked like when the team around him was bad. Heck, I remember what Emmit looked like when the team around his was bad. It was Emmit who said "I feel like a diamond surrounded by trash"

I also know that Dak has looked good when the team around him was good. But right now, this is a bad football team....and almost NOBODY save the kicker and Tyler Smith look good. But because Dak makes the most money...that seems he is the focus of this fanbase (an unfortunately probably the owner/GM as well)

All of these QBs are paid. That is just the nature of the business. Likewise, all of these franchises are worth billions of dollars....that too is the nature of the business. The amount of money the NFL is making is why the salary cap is what it is....so I don't understand why fans can't separate that out!!!

You GM is overly emotional about Daks paycheck because HE IS ALSO THE OWNER!!!!!!!!!! Therein lies the biggest problem. He did not want to pay Dak that money ( and he did not have too), so he is standing pat on improving the roster and insisting Dak and CD elevate this poorly constructed roster because they make the most. Football does not work like that. This OL is average at best. The running back room is way below average with ZERO NFL starters. NONE of these WRs outside of CD are NFL starters. The starting TE is good, not great....has very little big play potential. And YES....Dak has played poorly, but because I have seen him play better.....some of his poor play can be attributed to some of the aforementioned issues

On defense.....NOBODY is playing well. So again...when your kicker is your best player....you have way more issues than the QBs salary!!!

P.S. - forgot to mention. Entire coaching staff are lame ducks.

This thing is rotten from top down and the results would not be any different if you swapped Dak with Troy!

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Why is that?

He HAS played bad. Dan Marino in Jim Kelly played GREAT in their failed missions. They got their team there not just from the team but their great play.

That's all I ask of dak...play great even if your team sucks and can't do it.

He SAYS he can. He SAYS he will. But how long will it take? How many years can he seriously say it?

But we have complete IDIOTS..I mean MORONS!.....that can't deck Dak...they can deck ANY other player and team and their OWN players and TEAMS...that won super bowls and hall of fame...

But DARE blame Dak for ANYTHIHNG? They will CLAIM they have blamed dak, but we know that degree. Miniscule and you have to blame EVERYTHING ELSE before doing so.

I have never seen any other sports figure get so much cuddling....it is indeed VERY WEIRD/

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Funny that dak said this, he deserves the lack luster team he has !
If your worth 60 mil a year then lets see you win now!
Same for lamb, lets see him repeat last year now ! you have been paid what you wanted, so "here we go" !!!!

Flamma

Reaction score
You're not smart enough to realize that the more you hype Troy Aikman, the more you make my point for me.
:lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2:

Troy's a LEGEND, right???

So why did he suck so badly whenever he had a poor supporting cast???

And how can you expect a LESSER QB like Dak to succeed with a poor supporting cast???

"DURRRRR I STILL DON'T GET IT!!!"
:lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:
Did Dak always have a poor supporting cast? We lost twice in the playoffs to the 49ers. Once at home as the favorites, and once away. Back in the 90s our two wins against the 49ers was once at home as the favorites, and once away as the dogs. Dallas beat the better team at their place in 1992. Now we get blown out by an inferior Packers team at home.

Now Dak is struggling with a poor supporting cast. I don't put the blame on him. But 12-5 teams don't suck. The last 3 years he had a good supporting cast. Correct me if I'm wrong, but anytime the Cowboys won 12 games with Aikman, we made noise.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Still fail to do anything about stopping the run,
Whiffed on the last 3 true DT picks in Mazie, Gallimore, and Hill. (Osa is a tweener.)

They've done things to stop the run. Just turned out to be the wrong things.
On the free agent side, should add the signing to Poe to that list.

Went looking into other DT picks.

Turns out that Maliek Collins has managed himself a decent little career. Still playing.
Had 5 sacks last year with Houston, 2.5 sacks so far this year with SFO.

Good for him. I think the story with Collins was that they screwed up his foot for a couple of seasons with poorly fitting shoes. Just a stupid organizations. Much like trimming down Mazi last year. Incompetent.

Nav22

Reaction score
Did Dak always have a poor supporting cast? We lost twice in the playoffs to the 49ers. Once at home as the favorites, and once away. Back in the 90s our two wins against the 49ers was once at home as the favorites, and once away as the dogs. Dallas beat the better team at their place in 1992. Now we get blown out by an inferior Packers team at home.

Now Dak is struggling with a poor supporting cast. I don't put the blame on him. But 12-5 teams don't suck. The last 3 years he had a good supporting cast. Correct me if I'm wrong, but anytime the Cowboys won 12 games with Aikman, we made noise.
There's no comparison at all between the Super Bowl teams Troy had and any team Dak has ever had.

Not even close.

In Dak's playoff losses, how many times did Dallas win the battle of the trenches? Compare that to what Troy's teams did in the trenches.

Troy's a legend and deservedly so. He's earned that. Dak hasn't. He was especially horrific in the Green Bay game and it's totally fair to say he choked that day.

It's not bashing Troy to state the obvious about QBs needing a great supporting cast to win it all.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Played with Tyron Smith, Fredbeard, Martin, Tyler Smith, Jason Witten, Dez Bryant, CeeDee Lamb, Ferg, Prime Zeke, Diggs, Bland, Parsons, Tank, Lee, Cooper

What a bunch of losers he had to play with his entire career.
Jason Witten at the end of his career everybody complained about him. Tyron Smith, who couldn’t stay healthy. Does Bryant who dropped my third down drive killing passes than any wide receiver in the league? individuals, do not win championships. That’s not an excuse. That’s a fact that you should know if you’re any kind of football fan at all and not just a maybe wannabe armchair quarterback.

Flamma

Reaction score
There's no comparison at all between the Super Bowl teams Troy had and any team Dak has ever had.

Not even close.

In Dak's playoff losses, how many times did Dallas win the battle of the trenches? Compare that to what Troy's teams did in the trenches.

Troy's a legend and deservedly so. He's earned that. Dak hasn't. He was especially horrific in the Green Bay game and it's totally fair to say he choked that day.

It's not bashing Troy to state the obvious about QBs needing a great supporting cast to win it all.
I'm not comparing the two teams to eachother. I'm saying the competition Dallas faced back in the 90s was just as tough or tougher than the competition they face now. One team won 3, the other doesn't come close. Of course Dak's team isn't as talented. But he's not going up against great teams either.

Nav22

Reaction score
I'm not comparing the two teams to eachother. I'm saying the competition Dallas faced back in the 90s was just as tough or tougher than the competition they face now. One team won 3, the other doesn't come close. Of course Dak's team isn't as talented. But he's not going up against great teams either.
I don't know, this 49ers team has been pretty special the last several years.

It's a miracle they haven't won at least 1 Super Bowl.

Swagger

Reaction score
Does anyone care about what he says? He should focus on knocking down his house.

Flamma

Reaction score
I don't know, this 49ers team has been pretty special the last several years.

It's a miracle they haven't won at least 1 Super Bowl.
That I can't argue with. Keep in mind, I'm not one that blames Dak for everything. I realize what is going on here.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
We play in the NFC Least these days. The NFC East, take the 92 season for example, the Commanders were the defending Super Bowl Champs, and the Giants had won the Super Bowl the year before them. The Eagles were 11-5 that season. So yeah the competition was a lot harder back then, and some here believe that Dak has been feasting on some bad NFC East teams in the past.