Dak: Don't plan on being 3-5. However, that's up to the front office. You know what I mean

Kingofholland

Reaction score
It's true the Cowboys need more help on the oline, rb, and another wr. However, Jerry mentioned Dak would be asked to do more with less so he has to go earn his paycheck.

Whiskey Cowboy

Reaction score
Way to miss the point!

Troy's better than Dak, right? Okay. No problem.

So if THE GREAT TROY AIKMAN couldn't do JACK SQUAT without a dominant supporting cast, how on Earth is Dak Prescott supposed to do so with garbage around him?

Get it now? This isn't that complicated.
Prime Troy wins it all with the 16, 22, and 23 Cowboys...probably (maybe?)

This game is hard

Drafting went downhill rapidly after Jimmy left. Troy took some lumps and was a shell of himself towards the late 90s. The roster was completely depleted by the time Carter took the job. That wasn't Troy's fault. Dak has had a far better compliment of protection and weapons than Troy did towards the end.

Nav22

Reaction score

This game is hard

Drafting went downhill rapidly after Jimmy left. Troy took some lumps and was a shell of himself towards the late 90s. The roster was completely depleted by the time Carter took the job. That wasn't Troy's fault. Dak has had a far better compliment of protection and weapons than Troy did towards the end.
Troy never even came close to winning anything without a DOMINANT OL. Dak's teams almost always get destroyed in the trenches in our playoff losses.

I love Troy too, but why do we have to be dishonest about him? He needed help like every other top QB.

Even the great Mahomes has had mediocre numbers this year and has needed a dominant OL and defense to carry the team. 6 TDs, 8 INTs this season.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Way to miss the point!

Troy's better than Dak, right? Okay. No problem.

So if THE GREAT TROY AIKMAN couldn't do JACK SQUAT without a dominant supporting cast, how on Earth is Dak Prescott supposed to do so with garbage around him?

Get it now? This isn't that complicated.
Speaking logic hurts their feelings.

Nav22

Reaction score
Shut up Dak, you’ve been surrounded by all-star players before and it still wasn’t enough because you’re simply not good enough to beat legit teams. It won’t happen again though, you made sure of it with your putrid undeserved 240M contract.

You’re on your own now so stop crying for help you soft loser, you won’t get any. Enjoy playing on a trash talentless team for the next 5 years, it’s well deserved.
You think the Cowboys don't have cap space?

Dak's contract LOWERED his cap hit. Did you not know that?
:lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2:

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Uh, and 2 starting DE. 2 stud DT, 3 new high end OL. But yeah those too. There is zero sense to any major upgrade of one to two players, considering the probable cost and return. That 2018 team actually had an OL already. And the RB.
Steele gonna get cut. Post June 1.

i could see them moving Guyton to RT.

Bass is RG

but still need that LT.

blueblood70

Reaction score
60 mill for Dak , not much left to buy more offensive weapons .
Right that's it there's no other team has an expensive quarterback and have a losing record at least they are 500. only 1.5 games out of 1st.. Curious if the 49ers planned on being three and four or after last year you would think that the Miami Dolphins planned to be 2-4, card high priced QB they bring in Harrison jr and oops 2-5 no improvement from last year, rams 2-4 w/ Stafford and new weapons, a healthy Burrows with Chase and Higgens 3-4, Jets had to think with AR back with Tyron Smith and added RBs from the draft a great D,hmm ouch after the Adams trade got beat by PB and now 2-5 , and last one but not all of them Trevor's big new deal and they are 2-5.

I'm thinking there's a whole lot of teams that in the Dallas cowboy fans perspective did more in the offseason made more moves did things allegedly better from the outside looking in and somehow they're all have worse records than the Dallas Cowboys..

So I'm sure there's a lot of disappointed fans out there and like I said I didn't mention all their teams but didn't you think the Tennessee Titans would improve Oh my God they got Tony Pollard they're ready for the Super bowl now right second year stud quarterback on a rookie dea,l are you telling me they didn't go all in enough, because they're 1-5 ouch!!

Imagine if the blueprint was if you have a young quarterback that you should load him up with talent while he's on his rookie deal and yet here's other teams that are losing their losing records like I said I didn't mention them all that forgot that the Cowboys fans knew you should load up while they're on rookie deals and I don't think they did enough because if they did they wouldn't be sitting there with those kind of records....

I'm curious though that 5 or 6 new contracts to quarterbacks young quarterbacks that got paid huge how come their teams didn't win the Super bowls with them why didn't they go all in I'm really curious how these teams did it recognize what Cowboys fans think they're experts and they didn't win a Super Bowl yet they still paid their quarterbacks who are very underwhelming but went ahead and paid them you know Daniel Jones even though he's last on the list I mean they were all on rookie deals at one time none of them won Super Bowls other than Patrick mahomes so everyone else is in the same boat as the Dallas Cowboys and they're not winning Super Bowls. I mean how is it the Chargers didn't win the Super bowl or go all in with Herbert and yet as disappointing as it was, they still paid him and after they paid him they still didn't see dividends in tonight we'll see if they get the 500 or above 500 playing the lowly cardinals.

The only team that went all in with a rookie quarterback that I know of or got close was the eagles and the 49ers both of which did not win the Super bowl.. Y'all act like this is a Jerry Jones issue and the fact is there's a lot of teams that paid their rookie quarterbacks new deals and they did not win Super Bowl.. I am curious if Brock purdy's gonna get that kind of deal if he doesn't win a servo and he's gonna be re up even though somehow even with being all in and loading your team up with talent they still have yet to win a Super Bowl and his deal is about to come up...

Last edited:

Chasing6

Reaction score
Troy never even came close to winning anything without a DOMINANT OL. Dak's teams almost always get destroyed in the trenches in our playoff losses.

I love Troy too, but why do we have to be dishonest about him? He needed help like every other top QB.

Even the great Mahomes has had mediocre numbers this year and has needed a dominant OL and defense to carry the team. 6 TDs, 8 INTs this season.
You keep believing that.

MikeT22

Reaction score
Dak had great OL for several years. Dak is almost always deer in the headlights in our playoff losses.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Speaking logic hurts their feelings.
Aikman's line was made up of 3rd rounders, 8th rounders, and undrafted guys from other teams .......until they drafted Larry Allen in the 2nd round for the last Superbowl.

Meanwhile ...... Dak line was 3 first rounders (9, 16, and 31 overall) a 4th round pick and another guy who would have been a first round pick if his girlfriend had not been murdered a few days before the draft in La'el Collins.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Aikman's line was made up of 3rd rounders, 8th rounders, and undrafted guys from other teams .......until they drafted Larry Allen in the 2nd round for the last Superbowl.

Meanwhile ...... Dak line was 3 first rounders (9, 16, and 31 overall) a 4th round pick and another guy who would have been a first round pick if his girlfriend had not been murdered a few days before the draft in La'el Collins.
Draft status is irrelevant. See Trance for crying out loud.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score

This game is hard

but not near the team that Troy won with..Troy is a great QB but lets not act like Romo or Dak has/had anything close to the roster that won those 90's SB's.

Troy would have had a stroke righ there on the field with the penalties and miscues the 16,22 and 23 teams were plagued with.

Chasing6

Reaction score
So the guys who played with Dak were no good? You would rather have guys like Kevin Gogan and Mark Tuinei?
Could we run the ball then???

Can we run the ball now???

I would rather run the ball effectively with 5 undrafted lineman, than ineffectively with 5 first round picks.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
So the guys who played with Dak were no good? You would rather have guys like Kevin Gogan and Mark Tuinei?
Kevin Gogan was a Mauler beast, he and Williams were probably the nastiest duo in the league by far..just mean mo's...Mark Tuinei was damn good also.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Could we run the ball then???

Can we run the ball now???
We had no problem running the ball with prime Zeke ...... what have we put out there since then ......

And nice deflect ....... was the O-line that Dak had not good? Smith, Martin, Fredbeard ...... were they not good?