Dak has ruined this team

Cboyfan4ever

Reaction score
I don't make sense!!! really!!!. you keep spinning as I ask questions adding to it with hypotheticals....I asked a simple question and you gave a no answer. you said he holds on to the ball too long, then you check the release time and its similar to other QBs, so you dismiss that as a measure because it doesn't fit your argument. then I asked about 600 throws in the season and completions to different recievers and you respond with being scared tot throw, dump off, etc. but then you look at Yards per attempt and he is 9th in the league. is that the dump off results? so then you look at average air yards and he is 7th in the league. so what is it then?

if you say what you say, then there has to be some set of stats that prove your point. or is this an "eye test"?

I am sure the next response is that he bumped his averages against lesser teams, but didn't do it against better teams. right...I know that's coming.

again, I am not disagreeing with you but I see no stats you provided that would prove it. and stats in a vaccum are meaningless, it has to be compared to all others and how they do as well.
I’m not going to spend all day looking up stats as they are for people who’ve never played or coached.Stats so don’t tell the whole story.Not even close.I watch every game, tape every game, and watch tape and let my eyes tell the story , not some meaningless stats.Stats are for computer nerds who fully can’t comprehend football.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I’m not going to spend all day looking up stats as they are for people who’ve never played or coached.Stats so don’t tell the whole story.Not even close.I watch every game, tape every game, and watch tape and let my eyes tell the story , not some meaningless stats.Stats are for computer nerds who fully can’t comprehend football.
so you make a statement. you can't find any stats to back up your statement. then you are given stats that somewhat negate your statement and you dismiss them. now you say, you don't want to do any work to prove your statement.

so you basically have nothing, just an opinion, "eye test" that you can't even explain in any level of detail. and you are looking at it objectively...right?
and now you say stats are meaningless, but at the same time you point to stats in the past.

got it!!! :thumbup:

Cboyfan4ever

Reaction score
so you make a statement. you can't find any stats to back up your statement. then you are given stats that somewhat negate your statement and you dismiss them. now you say, you don't want to do any work to prove your statement.

so you basically have nothing, just an opinion, "eye test" that you can't even explain in any level of detail. and you are looking at it objectively...right?
and now you say stats are meaningless, but at the same time you point to stats in the past.

got it!!! :thumbup:
What stats are those? A scouting report and a couple graphs proving how bad Dak is holding the ball too long and taking bad sacks and costing the team pts?
I’m not going to waste my time proving what I already know is right.You can look up stats till your blue in the face.Have at it Hoss.I know football & don’t need a computer to tell me that. Good day.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
What stats are those? A scouting report and a couple graphs proving how bad Dak is holding the ball too long and taking bad sacks and costing the team pts?
I’m not going to waste my time proving what I already know is right.You can look up stats till your blue in the face.Have at it Hoss.I know football & don’t need a computer to tell me that. Good day.
oookkk then. its the old eye test expertise. we got quite a few of those around.

good day to you too.

Cboyfan4ever

Reaction score
oookkk then. its the old eye test expertise. we got quite a few of those around.

good day to you too.
1 more thing.I bet you play fantasy football.I have to be right.That’s where all these stats come in.But, it’s just that fantasy and not real full fledged football.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
For some reason so many have fond memories of Romo and think if Romo was the QB we would be much better off. Romo had plenty of opportunities with some great teams.

I was always a fan of Romo even when many were not. Coming off back surgery he is hurt once again in pre season and Dak took over and he earned the job period. People will claim if Romo was playing he would be winning, for all we know he could be back on injury list. We can play hypothetical all day and get the results the individual wants because hypothetical is not reality. I never blamed Romo alone for the teams inability to take the next step, he shares in the blame but was not the entire reason. Same holds true for Dak.

Cboyfan4ever

Reaction score
I was always a fan of Romo even when many were not. Coming off back surgery he is hurt once again in pre season and Dak took over and he earned the job period. People will claim if Romo was playing he would be winning, for all we know he could be back on injury list. We can play hypothetical all day and get the results the individual wants because hypothetical is not reality. I never blamed Romo alone for the teams inability to take the next step, he shares in the blame but was not the entire reason. Same holds true for Dak.
He earned the job because Romo was hurt and Kellen Moore broke his leg.He was extremely lucky, walked into a great situation while Zeke carried him on his back, but Dak walked away w/ all the awards.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
He earned the job because Romo was hurt and Kellen Moore broke his leg.He was extremely lucky, walked into a great situation while Zeke carried him on his back, but Dak walked away w/ all the awards.

Dak earned the job because the Cowboys were winning. As for Zeke Dallas drafted him in the 1st rd and was going to be a big part of the team regardless of who the QB was, as for your comment, Murry was the rushing leader when Romo was QB and the end results we got bounced from the post season. So you come on with your excuses all you want fact is Romo never won a damn thing in Dallas so you can stop the non sense.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
1 more thing.I bet you play fantasy football.I have to be right.That’s where all these stats come in.But, it’s just that fantasy and not real full fledged football.
actually you are wrong. I played fantasy football about 15 years ago once...not my cup of tea, but I can see the allure.

yeah, I wish more people would know the difference in playing GM for a fantasy football team vs. Real NFL. including Jerry jones.

1 more thing, I bet you were one of those people who pointed to Dak throwing for less than 250 yards a game against better teams, then you say stats are meaningless. right?

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
he was lucky. but you also can't deny he won 13 games his first year. people point to the wins and dismiss it, then they bring up his wins against teams with a winning record.

btw, I wonder if you think Romo was carried too.

Cboyfan4ever

Reaction score
Dak earned the job because the Cowboys were winning. As for Zeke Dallas drafted him in the 1st rd and was going to be a big part of the team regardless of who the QB was, as for your comment, Murry was the rushing leader when Romo was QB and the end results we got bounced from the post season. So you come on with your excuses all you want fact is Romo never won a damn thing in Dallas so you can stop the non sense.
I’m talking 2016.No way in hell Dak ever starts w/out 2 injuries in front of him.Dallas goes further in 2016 w/ Romo at the healm.NO QUESTION!!

Cboyfan4ever

Reaction score
actually you are wrong. I played fantasy football about 15 years ago once...not my cup of tea, but I can see the allure.

yeah, I wish more people would know the difference in playing GM for a fantasy football team vs. Real NFL. including Jerry jones.

1 more thing, I bet you were one of those people who pointed to Dak throwing for less than 250 yards a game against better teams, then you say stats are meaningless. right?
I watch the games.Didn’t need to look at stats to see he played like crap.But, I’m sure there were some meaningless late garbage yards for Dak.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I watch the games.Didn’t need to look at stats to see he played like crap.But, I’m sure there were some meaningless late garbage yards for Dak.
oh, I know you said it. your "eye test". don't have anyway to prove what I say, but my eyes, so trust my eyes.

and like I predicted, the garbage stats was bound to come up.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I’m talking 2016.No way in hell Dak ever starts w/out 2 injuries in front of him.Dallas goes further in 2016 w/ Romo at the healm.NO QUESTION!!

yes there is a question, Romo never played thus all your crap is speculation and again hypothetical always end up the way the person think it would but far from fact!!! Fact is Romo had 10 years as a starter and never got any further than Dak has.

jnday

Reaction score
See here is where the issue is...Dak gets all of the blame and none of the credit. It is comical really.

During 2018 in those first 4-6 games before we got Coop...i was SCREAMING on this site about how no one was able to get open on the offense. We needed speed, we needed a threat on offense. Dak was making the right reads and decisions and had nowhere to go with the football. I did complete game breakdowns, play by play, to combat the narrative of it was all Dak's fault....sounds familiar.

Then...magically....we get coop and the offense is #1 in the league from that point forward. ALL OF THE SUDDEN...Dak didn't suck anymore? Go figure.
Cooper bailed Dak out, but he is not the only one. Dak has to have a lot of talent surrounding him to play well. Dak’s poor pocket awareness, his trouble reading defenses, his accuracy problems, etc, have always been issues for him. He has always had problems seeing WRs when they are open as well. The Rams had the formula for shutting Dak down since his rookie season. Other teams have figured him out and exposed his weaknesses. Considering the quality of the WRs that he was throwing to, the offense should be unstoppable. Dak will never be able to get far in the playoffs and much of that is due to defenses and opposing defensive coordinators knowing how to shut him down. He has had some good games against very bad teams that don’t have the talent needed to shut Dak down. At this point in his career, Dak has hit his ceiling and he will not be improving much. He is what he is and the only way that he will see a Super Bowl is buying tickets.

Cboyfan4ever

Reaction score
he was lucky. but you also can't deny he won 13 games his first year. people point to the wins and dismiss it, then they bring up his wins against teams with a winning record.

btw, I wonder if you think Romo was carried too.
Absolutely 13 wins as a rookie was impressive.Really good team chemistry w/ a killer ball control rushing attack keeping D off the field.But, I still believe Romo takes them further in the post season w/ his smarts and experience.

Cboyfan4ever

Reaction score
yes there is a question, Romo never played thus all your crap is speculation and again hypothetical always end up the way the person think it would but far from fact!!! Fact is Romo had 10 years as a starter and never got any further than Dak has.
Romo’s smarts, experience, and accuracy certainly wouldn’t have helped a loaded 2016 team.3 things Dak wasn’t.Not crap, just fact.

Ken

Reaction score
Yes, just like he did all the years prior....:facepalm:

You do know that Romo couldn't stay on the field anymore, right? Fragile...

ALL DAK'S FAULT WE DIDN'T GO FURTHER.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Romo’s smarts, experience, and accuracy certainly wouldn’t have helped a loaded 2016 team.3 things Dak wasn’t.Not crap, just fact.

and yet never won, I'm sorry you believing in him winning and the reality are different. When he posted his best season with Murray he had a chance and lost that is fact. Pretending if he would have played we would have won is nothing wishful thinking. You present no fact just your own believe