Dak has ruined this team

Doomsday101

Reaction score
agree a. The main point here is that we are stuck with an average ( 13-15 th ranked ) QB for 5-6 years, who is overpaid without SB or CCG showing , and some other bums on the cap

I don't think Dak is elite but I do think he is within the top 7 QB in the league. However when a player hit FA you look to the market value because within in 2 to 3 years you will be below the avg of what a QB makes. Few years back 35 mill was the top in the NFL now that is far from top money.

basel90

Reaction score
What the hell were you watching? Romo singlehandedly threw games away. And I'm not exaggerating or being cliché, there's a list.

This place.....
yes he did . but bottom line , for the cap space paid at the same time , who would you take Dak or Romo ? i bet you 85% plus would take romo over dak,

Brax

Reaction score
yes, we will continue to mire in meidocrity as long as Jones is running the team. I have to admit, that perhaps finally I am giving up my excitement for the cowboys. I am less interested this offseason than any year in the past. I am not even looking forward to the draft or camp or next season.
Don't let the Jones boys ruin anything for you, as you say time may change a few things, enjoy the games for what they are entertainment.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I root hard for Dak because he’s the QB of my team.I want him to do well, but I just don’t think he has what it takes.At some point you have to prove it on the field.

Your right, he has to go out and do it but as I said even Rodgers a guy whom I think is one of the best in the game has not seen a SB in over 10 years because ultimately it still takes more than a QB to reach the SB

basel90

Reaction score
I don't think Dak is elite but I do think he is within the top 7 QB in the league. However when a player hit FA you look to the market value because within in 2 to 3 years you will be below the avg of what a QB makes. Few years back 35 mill was the top in the NFL now that is far from top money.
7th is way high for Dak. he is 13-15 territory and probably slidiing. The point is Jerry could have moved on and gotten a better QB in FA when Dak started demanding 35 then 42 mil . Stafford was available and there were others,

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Absolutely 13 wins as a rookie was impressive.Really good team chemistry w/ a killer ball control rushing attack keeping D off the field.But, I still believe Romo takes them further in the post season w/ his smarts and experience.
I agree, in fact I posted this even 4 years back, during the season that when Romo was healthy, he should have become the starter.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
yes he did . but bottom line , for the cap space paid at the same time , who would you take Dak or Romo ? i bet you 85% plus would take romo over dak,
Maybe if I didn't know that Romo would never get anywhere and he would continue to give games away or become injured again. Comparing the cap space from two different eras is a pointless stretch. But I guess it's come to that.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Don't let the Jones boys ruin anything for you, as you say time may change a few things, enjoy the games for what they are entertainment.
yes, they are entertainment. this year, its more like if I miss a cowboys game, I miss it. I usually take my kids to one game a year, but won't do it next year and I probably will watch other games that are of higher quality. I like football, but this year less interested in the cowboys, as it feels like I know the final outcome.

Cboyfan4ever

Reaction score
Maybe if I didn't know that Romo would never get anywhere and he would continue to give games away or become injured again. Comparing the cap space from two different eras is a pointless stretch. But I guess it's come to that.
I’d take Romo everytime.Yes he did have some bad moments, but he has 3 things Dak doesn’t.Accuracy, smarts, and field vision.

Cboyfan4ever

Reaction score
yes, they are entertainment. this year, its more like if I miss a cowboys game, I miss it. I usually take my kids to one game a year, but won't do it next year and I probably will watch other games that are of higher quality. I like football, but this year less interested in the cowboys, as it feels like I know the final outcome.
I’m dumb enough to watch every game as I can’t help it, but will never spend another dime on tickets,merchandise,ect.Dumb and dumber are robbing fans while they rake in the $.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I agree, in fact I posted this even 4 years back, during the season that when Romo was healthy, he should have become the starter.
I felt he should have at least been allowed to compete for the starting job. That's what he asked for and was denied.

I think that was the rupture in his relationship with Garrett. He knew Garrett didn't make that call but he should have fought for him. But then, Garrett wouldn't have made Booger comfortable.

Hadenough

Reaction score
ok, on this very thread we have people arguing he throws the ball too soon. now we have people saying he holds the ball too long. so which is it. too long? or too quick?
He does both. He panics and won't get rid of the ball when his WR has a step on his man and ends up holding the ball and than either throwing it away or getting sacked. Than and 10 min later he doesn't want to take the sack and throws it away when the opponent is in his face. He never stay upright and takes a hit to deliver the ball like we see many QBs do. He can't because without being able to step into his throw he can't can't get much on the ball. His arm is a joke when he can't use his body and legs to help him.

Calvin2Tony2Emmitt2Julius

Reaction score
Are we really Comparing Romo To Dak? That's what we 're doing now? Romo was Romo, Dak is Dak. No comparisons they are two different players two different time frames. Romo was and is my Dude. He was a good Qb. And like he said his life is sweet. He stated that he is blessed beyond measure. If his only thing to complain about is the outcome of a football game, he's lucky. Dak is different, he is still playing. So the outcome of games mean something. Some of you , for whatever reason, think that Dak sucks, he isn't worth the money and never will be. That's fine, I don't see how you could be a fan of a team and hold that position, but hey do you boo boo. Is dak the best NO! Never said it , never even hinted at it. Is he good , YES definitely. Can he get it done, only time will tell. I realize that the hatred for him exist in only a dozen or so haters on this board so they can EATABAGGADEEZ.

Haimerej

Reaction score
I felt he should have at least been allowed to compete for the starting job. That's what he asked for and was denied.

I think that was the rupture in his relationship with Garrett. He knew Garrett didn't make that call but he should have fought for him. But then, Garrett wouldn't have made Booger comfortable.

Soured me on Garrett, too. Everything being the same, I think it's the closest they've had to a SB team since the '90's (with Romo playing). After what Romo did handing off to Murray and killing stacked boxes in '14, he would've been unstoppable with rookie Zeke.

I was one of only a very few on the old board saying as much Dak's rookie year. Everyone rode the, "don't mess with the chemistry," nonsense. Meanwhile Romo was tearing up our starting defense in practice with a Baylor basketball player. Some people were convinced he would be our next TE because of what Romo was doing with him.

Swagger

Reaction score
Soured me on Garrett, too. Everything being the same, I think it's the closest they've had to a SB team since the '90's (with Romo playing). After what Romo did handing off to Murray and killing stacked boxes in '14, he would've been unstoppable with rookie Zeke.

I was one of only a very few on the old board saying as much Dak's rookie year. Everyone rode the, "don't mess with the chemistry," nonsense. Meanwhile Romo was tearing up our starting defense in practice with a Baylor basketball player. Some people were convinced he would be our next TE because of what Romo was doing with him.
Great post.
I also proposed that we trade Prescott after his rookie season as his stock would never be the same. We likely could have got at least two firsts as he was being embarrassingly overrated due to the incredible o-line.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score

I'm right there with you. With the way this team is managed I doubt I will ever see another SB as long as those two buffoons' are still alive. And what is even worse, they have a kid next in line to adopt the same thinking as they do!

And, what is even worse than that is us stupid loyal Cowboy fans will still give them money by going to watch the chit show that they put on the field. It's actually sad.