Dak has ruined this team

Cboyfan4ever

Reaction score
In your view, I think his ceiling is much higher, This past season he produced his highest competition rate at 68.8% he threw the most TD in his career and this coming off an off season where he was rehabbing
Hopefully he can figure out a way to play better in bigger games.A better schemed run game and better schemed pass plays w/ motion and misdirection certainly wouldn’t hurt.Hopefully Kellen and McCarthy
are working together to devise less predictable play calls.We’ll see.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Hopefully he can figure out a way to play better in bigger games.A better schemed run game and better schemed pass plays w/ motion and misdirection certainly wouldn’t hurt.Hopefully Kellen and McCarthy
are working together to devise less predictable play calls.We’ll see.

a lot of players need to learn how to play in big games. You play top teams you can't afford the penalties that killed drives. You play top teams you must play clean football, you can't have plays taken away because of some stupid penalty. Margin for error is small when playing top teams.

Cboyfan4ever

Reaction score
a lot of players need to learn how to play in big games. You play top teams you can't afford the penalties that killed drives. You play top teams you must play clean football, you can't have plays taken away because of some stupid penalty. Margin for error is small when playing top teams.
The whole team appeared nervous vs.49ers.They we’re not ready to play and that’s on McCarthy.Some accountability and discipline would go a long way to curtailing so many penalties and mental mistakes.But, that’s part of the country club atmosphere Jerry created.They’re just not a tough team physically or mentally.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
The whole team appeared nervous vs.49ers.They we’re not ready to play and that’s on McCarthy.Some accountability and discipline would go a long way to curtailing so many penalties and mental mistakes.But, that’s part of the country club atmosphere Jerry created.They’re just not a tough team physically or mentally.

I can blame Jerry for a lot of thing but they put together a very good team last season. It falls to McCarthy and staff to get this team over the hump.

Hadenough

Reaction score
Our great QB in action baby!!!
The dude has a gridiron pea brain......

Thats Dak for you! Gets his team up to midfield throwing and than realizes he might choke throwing again so he resorts to running. Just like when he was choking in that Seattle game in the playoffs. Wilson was making a comeback and Dak kept going 3 and out but finally managed a miracle run. Had it not been for Zeke and the oline they would of lost. And your right Dak has a pea brain!!

Swagger

Reaction score
If Prescott is unable to make the All Pro team this season then jeepers. He's up against Rodgers who doesn't have a recognised receiver and Brady who is all but reaching for the stair lift after games. 2nd team all pro would be standard for most starting QBs in this offense in the NFC next season and 1st team All Pro looks very accessible.

Cboyfan4ever

Reaction score
If Prescott is unable to make the All Pro team this season then jeepers. He's up against Rodgers who doesn't have a recognised receiver and Brady who is all but reaching for the stair lift after games. 2nd team all pro would be standard for most starting QBs in this offense in the NFC next season and 1st team All Pro looks very accessible.
Don’t forget Stafford.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
They were talented on paper.

Yes and it falls to the coaches, front office brought the players in, as far as I'm concerned they did their job. Jerry meddling? he was complaining about the kicker much or the season but it was the coaches who stuck with Zerline, if jerry wanted to meddle he would have stepped in and released him and to hell with the coaches. He did not do that. Moore needs to do a better job of making adjustment within the offense and the character of the team falls on McCarthy

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Go look at his stats against the 49ers. Most important game of the year and that dumb ** chokes big time. You will see no matter how good this defense gets Dak will always struggle against better teams. He is yes he is night and day vs the NFC east.
oh, no denying he choked against SF. never denied that. you made a general comment, not a single game comment and then took that as a generalization. Dak was bad so was Zeke. so was OL. so was the defense. so was Moore. so was MM. I blame 14 penalties, 7 of which were before the snap. the whole group stunk it up. I point a finger at the entire organization for coming to that game not ready, knowing what they were going to do. we knew they are going to come in and rush the ball and still couldn't stop them, and they went for 170 yards. how could we allow that. their front 4 man handled our OL. zeke rushed for 2.5 ypc. pollard not much better with 3.5. awful. that wasn't a one man show stinking it up. that was the whole team stinking it up. if you can't see that...then you have an agenda to drive. again, Dak sucked in that game. but he wasn't the only problem

Cboyfan4ever

Reaction score
oh, no denying he choked against SF. never denied that. you made a general comment, not a single game comment and then took that as a generalization. Dak was bad so was Zeke. so was OL. so was the defense. so was Moore. so was MM. I blame 14 penalties, 7 of which were before the snap. the whole group stunk it up. I point a finger at the entire organization for coming to that game not ready, knowing what they were going to do. we knew they are going to come in and rush the ball and still couldn't stop them, and they went for 170 yards. how could we allow that. their front 4 man handled our OL. zeke rushed for 2.5 ypc. pollard not much better with 3.5. awful. that wasn't a one man show stinking it up. that was the whole team stinking it up. if you can't see that...then you have an agenda to drive. again, Dak sucked in that game. but he wasn't the only problem
Whole team was bad including coaches.

Doomsday101

Reaction score

Much like GB we could not protect the QB and that caused a lot of problems.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Instead of complaining. Give me an alternative. Isn’t that the real issue. Maybe you’d rather have met Castlebeck call Brandon Weeden
the problem is they don't have any. I have asked same question. their answer is we should have walked away and drafted one and spend a couple of years evaluating. they say we could have used money to sign somebody else for defense. when I ask who, they mention its not their job to figure that part out. when I mention the hit was 17M in 2020 and 19M this year, so who could we have signed, I hear again, I don't know, not my problem.

I think Dak needs a lot of help for this team to be successful, but I don't have an alternative outside of just dumping everyone, starting from scratch, get to top 5 pick and hope the right QB comes out. that means a few years of sucking bad, hoping we can get out of that finding the right QB, which is no guarantee.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Oline was solid pass blocking most of the year, but not vs. 49ers.

I have a hard time saying they were solid for much of the season. Williams and Biadasz had a rough time getting pushed into the backfield for most of the season. Only good thing I saw was the play of Steele, I was not expecting him to produce as he did. However you find with great OL it the combination of the unit working as one, when you have weakness inside it creates problems.