Dak has ruined this team

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Funny how all the Dak fanboys are blaming the Jones boys now, when all these Dak fans were saying to “pay them man”, because we supposedly sucked without him and he’s 1 of the top 5 QBs in the league.

Of course it’s the Jones boys fault for putting the destiny of a SB roster on this mediocre QBs back, tailoring an offense for years to his skill-set wasting the roster, including the best OL and RG in football, to the point that it’s in rebuild again.
so its all Dak. Jones had nothing to do with any of it? so Jones handed Dak a contract is Dak's fault. if Dak sucked and he is the GM why did he sign him and hand him a large contract? why didn't he see him for what he was. that's his job. he is the GM. he is an NFL GM. we the fans can argue back and fort as much as we want, but all of us are clueless on how to run a football team and only have opinions that don't matter. what about the 20 years before Dak? or is that Dak's fault for being born and the Karma just doomed the cowboys? why didn't Garrett and Jones replace Dak with Romo in 2016 once Romo was healthy? or are you telling me a rookie had so much influence inside that building that he coerced everyone to keep him playing?

yes, its Jones fault. all of this is their fault and nobody else, given its their team, their responsibility. Dak is what he is. lets say he is an average QB. he plays to the best of his abilities, which is average. that's nto his fault. he is what he is. hate him as much as you want, given there is something personal between you and Dak. but the ultimate responsibility lies with Jones, for doing what he did to this franchise including putting Moore in charge. putting garrett in charge. paying Dak. paying zeke. paying lawrence. screwing contract negotiations. cutting cooper. cutting collins, and benching romo.......

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
The whole team appeared nervous vs.49ers.They we’re not ready to play and that’s on McCarthy.Some accountability and discipline would go a long way to curtailing so many penalties and mental mistakes.But, that’s part of the country club atmosphere Jerry created.They’re just not a tough team physically or mentally.
I agree. the whole team wasn't ready. we played scared. play calling was atricious. penalties killed us, specially with 7 pre-snap penalties. once niners figured that they can manage the run game with their front 4 and drop 7 into coverage, the game was over. and once they figured out they could run the ball easily, the game was over. we played scared and that's on the head coach.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Thats Dak for you! Gets his team up to midfield throwing and than realizes he might choke throwing again so he resorts to running. Just like when he was choking in that Seattle game in the playoffs. Wilson was making a comeback and Dak kept going 3 and out but finally managed a miracle run. Had it not been for Zeke and the oline they would of lost. And your right Dak has a pea brain!!
so you think Dak called that play? even after MM said he called it and it had worked in practice?

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Much like GB we could not protect the QB and that caused a lot of problems.
the worst part was they did it with their front 4 basically, sometimes with only 5. they were able to drop 6 or 7 into coverage and we had to keep Zeke back for pass protection. they stopped the run and pass easily. our OL was owned in that game.

jnday

Reaction score
The Rams had the formula huh?

Didn't play the Rams, except preseason and he tore them up, so not sure what you are referencing?

Also, your delusional deficiencies you list all just exist on this board by a dozen or so posters. You may be confusing that fiction with reality.
Wrong again. 2019. You can look the rest up for yourself.

Cboyfan4ever

Reaction score
I have a hard time saying they were solid for much of the season. Williams and Biadasz had a rough time getting pushed into the backfield for most of the season. Only good thing I saw was the play of Steele, I was not expecting him to produce as he did. However you find with great OL it the combination of the unit working as one, when you have weakness inside it creates problems.
Williams problem was he just wasn’t strong enough to play guard.A lot of his penalties were caused by him being bulldozed and having to grab to prevent Dak from being killed.There were some crap calls on him as well as his reputation for holding got hold of refs.TB needs to improve strength as well.Tyron needs to stay healthy as he can still play when healthy.Zak is Zak, still great.I really think we’ll miss LC.Yes, he was an idiot, but he’s a big, strong bull.TS is a notch down from LC although hopefully he continues to improve.He’s going to be the man now and has to show he can handle full time starting duties.Still ?’s at LG and maybe center.CM is currently your starter at LG and TB at center.Can Farniok challenge either of those spots?Josh Ball is very talented.Could he challenge either tackle spot?Do we draft heavy on Oline in the draft?Lots of questions and I can’t wait to find out what the answers will be.

Last edited:

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
the worst part was they did it with their front 4 basically, sometimes with only 5. they were able to drop 6 or 7 into coverage and we had to keep Zeke back for pass protection. they stopped the run and pass easily. our OL was owned in that game.
An example of coaches studying the film well because they knew they could handle the OL and they knew they could run the ball.

jnday

Reaction score
what's the difference between watching dak waste years playing here and winning nothing and looking for another quarterback that might win?

nothing, there's the alternative.

hoping for dak to miraculously be carried to a super bowl or looking for a better quarterback. no difference.
It is hilarious that these Dak lovers believe that Dallas didn’t have any other options than signing Dak. I can’t understand the fear of looking for a different QB. I read the comments from posters that had rather keep Dak and massively overpay him rather than look for a better QB option. I have read all the posts about players wasting their careers if Dallas started looking for a QB. These players are already wasting their best years with Dak as the QB, so what’s the difference?

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
who called that play?

Personally, I believe he went into his usual Deer in the headlight mode and thought he could pull off Seattle part Duex.
Nevertheless, let's say for argument's sake it was a called play.
He ran too far.
Took forever to get up from the ground.
Spotted the ball himself.....:muttley:....After 6 seasons of taking snaps, this gridiron panic-driven PEA BRAIN still hasn't learned that the ref is required to spot the ball.:muttley:

Cboyfan4ever

Reaction score
Personally, I believe he went into his usual Deer in the headlight mode and thought he could pull off Seattle part Duex.
He ran too far.
Spotted the ball himself.....:muttley:....After 6 seasons of taking snaps, this gridiron panic-driven PEA BRAIN still hasn't learned that the ref is required to spot the ball.:muttley:
Terrible play call and terrible execution.How about you take 2 shots in the end zone instead of 0.

MaineBoy

Reaction score
Whole team was bad including coaches.

They lost the game during the week before it was played. 49er players were talking big in the press and there was not one word out of any Cowboy mouth. Not a player or coach. When Jimmy felt some tension in team before the 49er game he went to press and guaranteed victory- put it in 3 inch letters ! McCarthy ? Not a peep. They were all scared and were beat before they took the field.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
there are way too many bad contracts besides dak. and dak is better value than the bum zeke . but the argument here is that Dak is not elite or a difference maker like the elite QBs who earned such money : all have a super bowl ring except Deshaun , who is way better than dak anyway. The elite list includes Rodgers. Watson , and Mahomes and now Deshaun . Dak has no body of work to show for that contract .

You dont think 19.7 is a steal compared to what other QB's are being paid? come on your letting a bias say things that go against reason...Dak at 19.7 is super effecint for a QB contract....this FO is the problem and anything after that is just you looking for a way not to come to turms with an unfixable problem with this franchise...

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
It is hilarious that these Dak lovers believe that Dallas didn’t have any other options than signing Dak. I can’t understand the fear of looking for a different QB. I read the comments from posters that had rather keep Dak and massively overpay him rather than look for a better QB option. I have read all the posts about players wasting their careers if Dallas started looking for a QB. These players are already wasting their best years with Dak as the QB, so what’s the difference?
well if the WR's would quit calling the baby dak, "the black kirk cousins" they would have a job here. The baby dak should have felt complimented to be in the same sentence as Cousins, instead, he cried to jerry and jerry got him off the team. Why lower-level black kirk cousins would you do this?

Cboyfan4ever

Reaction score
well if the WR's would quit calling the baby dak, "the black kirk cousins" they would have a job here. The baby dak should have felt complimented to be in the same sentence as Cousins, instead, he cried to jerry and jerry got him off the team. Why lower-level black kirk cousins would you do this?
Can’t wait for Amari to light it up w/ a real QB.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
He ran too far.
but who called the play? and he ran too far? I mean the spin gets crazier by the day. he spotted the ball, and ran back waiting for ref to touch it. move it or what ever they are supposed to do. the difference in this game was the back ref had to run up to touch the ball and that took seconds off the clock. as opposed to any ref close to the ball touching it, as they had done in other games. did that play lose the game? no, but you can't deny the stupidity of the call and the botched management of it from the refs.

nice try at a new spin.