Dak has ruined this team

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I don't understand how you can only reference one drive initially and not mention the subsequent 3 drives that were equally ineffective. Two of which were three and outs. Technically one was 4 and out due to a penalty but you get the drift.

After the Rams first three drives the score was 13-7. The offense could have gotten their crap together and put together a nice drive ending in a score and suddenly the TOP is more balanced, We have the lead, the defense gets a breather and the Rams offense is denied the opportunity to build on their TOP advantage and to extend their lead. A couple drives like that could cost the Rams a possession. As it is both teams had essentially the same number of offensive opportunities.

I am not blaming the offense entirely and I'm not defending the defense.

I'm just saying the offense, the acknowledged strength of the team, had every opportunity to flex that strength and they failed miserably until too little too late time.

The stats back this up.
oh, no I was just looking at the intial part of the game, after which I knew how the game was going to end. in first 2 drives, Rams had 13 minutes of possession vs. 4 minutes for the cowboys. subsequently it continued. there were opportunities for both sides to step up and change the game and it didn't happen. I am of the mind, in losses like this, its not just one part that causes the failure, its across the board, with some having larger impact than others. in this case, I think defense and offense were bad, but my thought is offense was bad, defense was absolutely horrible.

I think if you looked at the stats, which you said you don't want to just look at stats, if anyone looked at 250+ yards rushing, they can tell you 99/100 times what the outcome of the game was.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
OK, Dak Haters on the right side and Dak lovers on the left side. Now fight to the death so that the rest of us can actually talk Football without this stupid agenda sneaking it's way into every contract related thread...

This isn't a social or personal issue, no one hates Dak we just think we deserve much better than his Tier 3 QB talent base!
Now if you want hate there are plenty of forums out there to work out those feelings bud!

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Of course the defense collapsed. They stayed on the field until they were so exhausted that a good high school team could have had success running the football. Three and outs and other short drives that only takes a minute or two off the clock and keeps the defense exhausted .
so, first two drives of the game for each team. TOP for Rams was 13, TOP for Cowboys was 4, score was 7-6 cowboys leading..... they had rushed for almost 90 yards in first two drives...if the defense is exhausted after w2 drives in the first half, then they are out of shape. simple, get off the field. don't give up 7 minute and 6 minute drives. first drive, right off the bat, they went 7 minutes and rushed for 40 yards on the drive. dallas scored a TD subsequent drive. then Rams had a 6 minute drive and gave up almost 50 yards rushing.... what's the excuse?

the defense was horrendous. horrible. abysmal. it wasn't exhaustion, it was sucking really bad.

the difference is that you have an agenda to blame the offense. I look at the whole team. defense struggled from the get go.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Crash wasn’t giving information that was top secret. It has been mentioned since Dak’s rookie season.
rookie season....# of rushes 499, number of passes 483

2017, 480 rushes, 493 passes
2018, 438 runs, 527 passes (first half of season we were behind in a lot of games and a lot of the passes were in catch up time)

so Dak changing runs to passes doesn't seem to be the case...its more like an uninformed agenda driven eye test.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
This isn't a social or personal issue, no one hates Dak we just think we deserve much better than his Tier 3 QB talent base!
Now if you want hate there are plenty of forums out there to work out those feelings bud!
Dak is what Dak is, but some of the things posted about him are almost on a personal hatred level, with anger directed towards him. he is doing his best, its just his best isn't good enough. why is he on the cowboys is the better question?

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
OK, Dak Haters on the right side and Dak lovers on the left side. Now fight to the death so that the rest of us can actually talk Football without this stupid agenda sneaking it's way into every contract related thread...
The thing is there are probably VERY few of either one of those.....I mean ones that bicker.

It's the false accusations used as insults that muck it up.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dak is what Dak is, but some of the things posted about him are almost on a personal hatred level, with anger directed towards him. he is doing his best, its just his best isn't good enough. why is he on the cowboys is the better question?
Are you asking for some Dak sympathy????
sopranos-forget.gif

He was good enough to fleece goofball Jerry and Son and destroy our cap in the process.....
Sorry mate but no player, not even Dak is above the STAR.
His fate from here on out will not be a pleasant one as he will become Cowboy public enemy #1 as GREED sometimes is a bad thing......

Ken

Reaction score
If the offense would stay on the field and make some time consuming drives, the defense would not be exhausted. 250+ yards rushing comes from a gassed defense that has spent entirely too much time on the field. Understanding the reasons why a defense gives up 250+ yards rushing goes beyond a bad rushing defense. Until you understand that, the conversation has ended.
We stayed on the field and scored on our first drive. We stayed on the field and didn't 3 and out on our second.

The rams ran the ball on the drive before and after and every drive in between.

Ken

Reaction score
Dak went 3-3 on the TD drive. After throwing the first 2 for 19 yards they ended up in a 4th and 1 which Zeke converted. They got 15 yards on a penalty then Dak hit Cooper on a short pass which Cooper took in for the 29 yard TD. Dak did an adequate job of driving the bus on that drive then fell asleep at the wheel for the next three drives. The Rams took the strength of the offense away and Dak couldn't beat them with his arm.

These are just some of the nuances you miss.
Important note.....kinda ironic again...that 4th and 1 should not have happened as Dak hit a guy named Cooper for the first down but Amari ran backwards and lost the first.

Yes, DAK hit Amari in stride for a TD. Correct.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
sopranos-forget.gif

He was good enough to fleece goofball Jerry and Son and destroy our cap in the process.....
His fate from here on out will not be a pleasant one as he will become Cowboy public enemy #1 as GREED sometimes is a bad thing......
no. just saying that hating on a guy who is not capable is not the answer. it may make you feel better, because ou have anger issues and need to take it out on someone, but doesn't solve the problem.

Dak didn't fleece anybody. Jerry gave him a contract. Jerry was 100% in control and could have simply walked away. at that point Dak had no recourse but to look for another team. Jerry was stupid.

apparantley no one is above the star except Jerry and Stephen.

I don't understand the greed part. I can be greedy. I can try and fleece Jerry. I can ask jerry to sign me on the team and give me 10M a year for being the kicker. if Jerry gives me that contract, its his stupidity, not my greed. make sure you understand the difference given you are most times very confused.

btw, how did his greed impact the team?

joseephuss

Reaction score
sopranos-forget.gif

But some of the other QBs listed as options in the original post would also "destroy our cap". And a few of those weren't realistic options available for Dallas.

Rodgers still being a Packer tells me there was never a realistic chance he was available to Dallas or any other team. Plus he is getting paid way more than Prescott.

Brady moved on from the Pats, but I think there were only a handful of teams he was going to play for after that. He was available, but was he really available to Dallas.

Stafford's contract is basically the same as Dak's right now. If Dak's cap numbers are problematic for the Cowboys, then they would be in the same position with Stafford and out two 1st round picks.

Would everyone be happy with Deshaun Watson in Dallas? The contact he has costs more than Dak's by a significant amount and it would have also taken three 1st round picks to acquire him. Is he better than Dak? That much better? That is a bunch of money and picks invested into him.

Cboyfan4ever

Reaction score
But some of the other QBs listed as options in the original post would also "destroy our cap". And a few of those weren't realistic options available for Dallas.

Rodgers still being a Packer tells me there was never a realistic chance he was available to Dallas or any other team. Plus he is getting paid way more than Prescott.

Brady moved on from the Pats, but I think there were only a handful of teams he was going to play for after that. He was available, but was he really available to Dallas.

Stafford's contract is basically the same as Dak's right now. If Dak's cap numbers are problematic for the Cowboys, then they would be in the same position with Stafford and out two 1st round picks.

Would everyone be happy with Deshaun Watson in Dallas? The contact he has costs more than Dak's by a significant amount and it would have also taken three 1st round picks to acquire him. Is he better than Dak? That much better? That is a bunch of money and picks invested into him.
Yes, he’s a much better player.

Cboyfan4ever

Reaction score
no. just saying that hating on a guy who is not capable is not the answer. it may make you feel better, because ou have anger issues and need to take it out on someone, but doesn't solve the problem.

Dak didn't fleece anybody. Jerry gave him a contract. Jerry was 100% in control and could have simply walked away. at that point Dak had no recourse but to look for another team. Jerry was stupid.

apparantley no one is above the star except Jerry and Stephen.

I don't understand the greed part. I can be greedy. I can try and fleece Jerry. I can ask jerry to sign me on the team and give me 10M a year for being the kicker. if Jerry gives me that contract, its his stupidity, not my greed. make sure you understand the difference given you are most times very confused.

btw, how did his greed impact the team?
Jerry was never sold on Dak, but waited too long and is now stuck w/ him.At the time of signing there really wasn’t a better alternative.

joseephuss

Reaction score
Yes, he’s a much better player.

Sure he is better, but $6 million more per year, better? Three 1st round draft picks better? That is a heavy investment. He would need to turn into one of the all-time greats had Dallas made that type of deal. Plus that deal was not available at the time Dallas signed Dak to his new contract. If Dallas walked away from Dak last year, they would have had to wait a whole season for Watson to be a viable option to acquire. If the thought is that Dak has created severe cap problems, paying Watson even more money does not alleviate those issues.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Jerry was never sold on Dak, but waited too long and is now stuck w/ him.At the time of signing there really wasn’t a better alternative.
then its Jerry's fault regardless. If he wasn't sold on him, why didn't he explore other options. as the GM/Owner he should have understood the ramifications of signing him to a large contract, the fact that he signed him and didn't understand that, then that's on him. Dak is what he is.

and I refuse to believe there wasn't other alternatives. look at the Rams, they traded for Stafford and gave up multiple first round picks. they have a trophy. Look at the Browns, they gave up multiple first round picks to get watson. look at denver, they gave up multiple picks to get Wilson. there is always alternative options. Jerry was sold on Dak, it was about Money and it came down to Stephen and his spreadsheet the first time around. Jerry pushed Stephen over the edge and signed Dak.

Cboyfan4ever

Reaction score
Sure he is better, but $6 million more per year, better? Three 1st round draft picks better? That is a heavy investment. He would need to turn into one of the all-time greats had Dallas made that type of deal. Plus that deal was not available at the time Dallas signed Dak to his new contract. If Dallas walked away from Dak last year, they would have had to wait a whole season for Watson to be a viable option to acquire. If the thought is that Dak has created severe cap problems, paying Watson even more money does not alleviate those issues.
Gave up a bunch to get DW.Cleveland better play well to justify.They have talent on both sides of the ball.We’ll see what happens.If he doesn’t perform he should be ripped just like Dak or anyone making that kind of $.

Cboyfan4ever

Reaction score
then its Jerry's fault regardless. If he wasn't sold on him, why didn't he explore other options. as the GM/Owner he should have understood the ramifications of signing him to a large contract, the fact that he signed him and didn't understand that, then that's on him. Dak is what he is.

and I refuse to believe there wasn't other alternatives. look at the Rams, they traded for Stafford and gave up multiple first round picks. they have a trophy. Look at the Browns, they gave up multiple first round picks to get watson. look at denver, they gave up multiple picks to get Wilson. there is always alternative options. Jerry was sold on Dak, it was about Money and it came down to Stephen and his spreadsheet the first time around. Jerry pushed Stephen over the edge and signed Dak.
You’re absolutely right, but you have to remember Jerry is not a real GM.If he were sold, he would have offered Dak a contract for about 32 million a year at the time of Goff and Wentz.

Last edited: