Dak has ruined this team

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
we don't care that he struggles against the good teams, we're just happy dak shines against the bad teams. That's something, so if he struggles against bad teams we would really know he sucks. he's just average which is good. average is good.
Thats what kids are taught in school now in this country, average is good.
Everybody gets a blue ribbon for trying so hard.

Hadenough

Reaction score
we don't care that he struggles against the good teams, we're just happy dak shines against the bad teams. That's something, so if he struggles against bad teams we would really know he sucks. he's just average which is good. average is good.
The problem with Dak is he is just good enough to market. Unfortunately that has come at the expense of Dallas possibly drafting Mahomes or Watson.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
The problem with Dak is he is just good enough to market. Unfortunately that has come at the expense of Dallas possibly drafting Mahomes or Watson.
Just because you missed doesnt meant you cant ever hit the target again.
We drafted Dak in the 4th round with Romo, why not spend a mid round pick at least, we have 4 - 5ths.
Im always asking this question, and usually crickets...
Not you, just saying in general reference.
This draft isnt being considered very deep at QB, so if another average Dak where to fall, I would take him in the 5th all day and get excellent value out of his first contract.

Hadenough

Reaction score
Just because you missed doesnt meant you cant ever hit the target again.
We drafted Dak in the 4th round with Romo, why not spend a mid round pick at least, we have 4 - 5ths.
Im always asking this question, and usually crickets...
Not you, just saying in general reference.
This draft isnt being considered very deep at QB, so if another average Dak where to fall, I would take him in the 5th all day and get excellent value out of his first contract.
I do agree to point! They did draft Mike White in the 5th and there was another QB they drafted in the 6th and they both were bad.
I think if you are going to entertain the draft a QB idea use a 3rd or 4th.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
I do agree to point! They did draft Mike White in the 5th and there was another QB they drafted in the 6th and they both were bad.
I think if you are going to entertain the draft a QB idea use a 3rd or 4th.
Its never easy with late draft picks, but if you quit throwing darts, your just sitting at the bar.

Flamma

Reaction score
Stafford's contract is basically the same as Dak's right now. If Dak's cap numbers are problematic for the Cowboys, then they would be in the same position with Stafford and out two 1st round picks.

This is the only section of your post I didn't agree with. Stafford's cap hit this year will be 6.7%, Dak's 8.9%. Nothing to cry about for 2022. Going forward is where it gets ugly.

Next year Stafford's cap hit would be 9.9% if they didn't raise the cap a single dime. And no need to push any money forward. So he'll probably be around that 6 to7% range again.

Dak on the other hand is a 50M dollar cap hit. That has to be restructured. Pushing yet another 30M forward into future years. They're already looking ugly.

Flamma

Reaction score
Jerry was never sold on Dak, but waited too long and is now stuck w/ him.At the time of signing there really wasn’t a better alternative.

Is that sound logic in your opinion? Had Watson not joined the Browns, do they pay Mayfield 40M a year? Would you? I'm not comparing Baker to Dak, I'm comparing situations. Paying someone due to a lack of an alternative. Who do the Giants have if they don't pay Daniel Jones? Do the Cards pay Murray? What about Lamar Jackson? They obviously have doubts about Jackson as he's entering into his 5th year option.

Cboyfan4ever

Reaction score
Is that sound logic in your opinion? Had Watson not joined the Browns, do they pay Mayfield 40M a year? Would you? I'm not comparing Baker to Dak, I'm comparing situations. Paying someone due to a lack of an alternative. Who do the Giants have if they don't pay Daniel Jones? Do the Cards pay Murray? What about Lamar Jackson? They obviously have doubts about Jackson as he's entering into his 5th year option.
They had the chance to sign Dak for 32 million per at the time of Goff & Wentz signings, but weren’t sold on him.

Cboyfan4ever

Reaction score
Maybe a real GM could have found a trade partner,especially since not 100% all in.

Flamma

Reaction score
They had the chance to sign Dak for 32 million per at the time of Goff & Wentz signings, but weren’t sold on him.

Understood. Any time a team doesn't pay their QB after their 3rd season there are doubts.

Flamma

Reaction score
Maybe a real GM could have found a trade partner,especially since not 100% all in.

I think any time a ridiculous amount of money is paid out, the owner has to be involved. I don't think any of us believe the Browns GM paid that out to Watson without owners consent. Jerry waffled. Then came to the decision to pay him, not trade him.