Dak has the most games with over 400 yrds since 2016

Diehardblues

Reaction score
That seems to be the gist of some posters comments here. Though I will say while I think he is capable of doing it, I'm not depending on Dak to, as a few here suggest either outright or between the lines, put up 5,000-plus yards passing and 45-50 tds. I still think, despite the "loaded" receiver corps, Zeke will still be asked to carry the offense, at least in the realm of grinding out first downs and pulling the defense in to help stop him.

And I think he's fully capable of doing that, I know a lot here think he's washed up, has lost his burst, etc. And we've beat that discussion to death, no need to re-visit it. Maybe he has, maybe he hasn't. We'll see soon enough.

If this team wins the SB, or even gets close to it, it will be a TEAM effort in all phases of the game. Dak, or Zeke, or Lamb, or the defense can't do it by being the only really good part of the team. Needs to be "all hands on deck"...
Dak could put up 60 TD and 6,000 yards and if our defense stinks it up still miss the playoffs. Some fans agenda are so blatantly obvious.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
That seems to be the gist of some posters comments here. Though I will say while I think he is capable of doing it, I'm not depending on Dak to, as a few here suggest either outright or between the lines, put up 5,000-plus yards passing and 45-50 tds. I still think, despite the "loaded" receiver corps, Zeke will still be asked to carry the offense, at least in the realm of grinding out first downs and pulling the defense in to help stop him.

And I think he's fully capable of doing that, I know a lot here think he's washed up, has lost his burst, etc. And we've beat that discussion to death, no need to re-visit it. Maybe he has, maybe he hasn't. We'll see soon enough.

If this team wins the SB, or even gets close to it, it will be a TEAM effort in all phases of the game. Dak, or Zeke, or Lamb, or the defense can't do it by being the only really good part of the team. Needs to be "all hands on deck"...
He's making fun of me because I say that I expect the Cowboys to always go on a magical Super Bowl run every year because that's just the fan in me. As unrealistic as it is I always have hope until we are officially eliminated. He thinks that's just the craziest thing ever.

Don't let him fool you.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
And if the Cowboys don’t go on their magical mystery SB tour, it’s Daks fault.

No red flags here…

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Unrealistic expectations are the most ridiculous thing if you hold our QB responsive for not meeting them.

No agenda there…

If it sounds and looks like a duck… it’s a frikin Duck.

CowboysRule

Reaction score
Can’t be rational Roy. During those games we had the top offense and worst defense . But our QB was to blame. Lol

No agenda here. And these fans actually have a voice. Laughable
I don't think it is all Dak's fault and I never said the blame was on him. I just said he shares in the blame. I do not think we are doomed with Dak playing QB. If we are relying mostly on him to make to this offense work and win games, I think we may be doomed. I do not believe Dak has the ability to win games when we look to him to generate something when needed late in games. We need to get back to being a running team if we want to see deep playoff runs.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
He's making fun of me because I say that I expect the Cowboys to always go on a magical Super Bowl run every year because that's just the fan in me. As unrealistic as it is I always have hope until we are officially eliminated. He thinks that's just the craziest thing ever.

Don't let him fool you.

I have no issue with the so-called "homers", while your attitude is one that I can't get behind, you're entitled to it...

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I don't think it is all Dak's fault and I never said the blame was on him. I just said he shares in the blame. I do not think we are doomed with Dak playing QB. If we are relying mostly on him to make to this offense work and win games, I think we may be doomed. I do not believe Dak has the ability to win games when we look to him to generate something when needed late in games. We need to get back to being a running team if we want to see deep playoff runs.
I understand but that’s not the vitriol we are hearing from some of these people. They are only targeting our QB.

This team has many issues. And QB isn’t at the top of the list.

basel90

Reaction score
Dak numbers were behind the best OL and WR and for a while a great RB . Dak can get hot and get completions . But his crunch time play , lack of audibles , early slow starts , fumbles , bad throws at critical times , have cost the team wins at crucial games .
Atrocious defense and questionable Garrett coaching did not help , so it is not all on Dak .
Let us hope we have a better defense to avoid having him throw 400 yards a game . Not many teams win when they have to throw this much . This season will tell a lot . I just hope he doesn’t get injured early and gets another mulligan year , while costing the team a fortune . There is no margin for mistakes now with the crazy money already committed to so many overpaid players, 2021 will show us a lot .

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What's a "holer"....?

You been to prison? Seriously.....if I use the word in a social gathering, I need context.

Especially if my handle is COWBOY LOVER...... Could cause unwanted situations.
I meant "homer"...lol.....can't edit now. But I see where your mind is....interesting.

Funny thing is I am wearing a "Seven" t shirt this very moment. (Seven Marine ourboard motors)

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I have no issue with the so-called "homers", while your attitude is one that I can't get behind, you're entitled to it...
They are certainly entitled to it but it’s up to us to dismiss any validity in it for it’s obvious agenda.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dak numbers were behind the best OL and WR and for a while a great RB . Dak can get hot and get completions . But his crunch time play , lack of audibles , early slow starts , fumbles , bad throws at critical times , have cost the team wins at crucial games .
Atrocious defense and questionable Garrett coaching did not help , so it is not all on Dak .
Let us hope we have a better defense to avoid having him throw 400 yards a game . Not many teams win when they have to throw this much . This season will tell a lot . I just hope he doesn’t get injured early and gets another mulligan year , while costing the team a fortune . There is no margin for mistakes now with the crazy money already committed to so many overpaid players, 2021 will show us a lot .
Good post. Our issues lie in the whole team, although I am not sure you covered the coaching adequately. We have mismanaged plays and personnel on the sidelines too.

Sure...Dak has numbers, that's fine. But he has some critical errors too that don't pile up like passing yards...but can mean more on the bottom line.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
They are certainly entitled to it but it’s up to us to dismiss any validity in it for it’s obvious agenda.

Can't agree, the Cowboys fan tent should cover everybody. Besides, obviously no team wins the SB every year, the validity of that view is obviously unreasonable. None of us need to "dismiss" it...

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Good post. Our issues lie in the whole team, although I am not sure you covered the coaching adequately. We have mismanaged plays and personnel on the sidelines too.

Sure...Dak has numbers, that's fine. But he has some critical errors too that don't pile up like passing yards...but can mean more on the bottom line.
Right

Theres certainly some data and performance to critic on Dak but there’s a long laundry list on this roster, staff and front office .

I’d argue Dak is not at the top of the list .

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Can't agree, the Cowboys fan tent should cover everybody. Besides, obviously no team wins the SB every year, the validity of that view is obviously unreasonable. None of us need to "dismiss" it...
He's on some kind of personal crusade to attack anyone that doesn't follow his guidelines for what a fan should be.

If you have hope for a Super Bowl run up until the Cowboys are eliminated from the playoffs then he believes you should be banished lol

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Like I said they are entitled to their thoughts but much like in all issues in this world not everyone’s voice should hold validity.

Unfortunately there are some voices because of their obvious agendas need to be dismissed . And I don’t mean omitted but dismissed as far as listening to.

Last edited:

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I like Dak and feel he is capable of leading this team, I will say things like 400 yard games I care less about, all that tells me is we are playing from behind. Romo put up some big numbers within a season and in the end the results were squat. Frankly Romo best season was 2014 and yet that was the fewest passing yards that season but was more effective when he did throw. Dallas had a league leading rusher in Murray and combined with Romo they put together a very good year.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I don’t believe a fan should be banished if they have high hopes for success. But I do believe their agenda for blaming certain pieces if it doesn’t succeed invalidates their opinion .