Dak has the most games with over 400 yrds since 2016

Diehardblues

Reaction score
You're excused as since your football days(#61) things have been confusing for you....

This will be my last quote to you as I will not be taking the bait responding to Trolls. But I will post separate replies.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
If paying a subscription allows members to troll Dak then I want no part of this forum. There are plenty of other social mediums .

I urge everyone to speak out.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
If he is crapping on Dak, how is it infatuation? Do you even know what infatuation means? He is obsessed, not infatuated.

I’m not obsessed. Quit trying to sell people snake oil. By the way, how is your ‘Parsons is nothing but snake oil’ campaign going? Got any followers or are you all lonesome on your little island?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Please speak out on the religious overtones being allowed in one members Avatar with “ Dak 666”.

I understand we are to be appreciative for the Zone Supporters but this is over the top and very offensive.

Thanks Greg

USArmyVet

Reaction score

....and in those games that Dak passed for more than 400 yards here is his year by year record:

2016: 0 Wins 0 Losses

2017: 0 Wins 0 Losses

2018: 1 Win 0 Losses

2019: 2 Wins 1 Loss

2020: 1 Win 2 Losses

So Dak's record when throwing for 400+ yards is 4 Wins and 3 Losses, a total of 7 games. Therefore I am not sure the purpose of this thread as clearly Dak throwing for 400+ yards doesn't equate to a great winning percentage and not sure why you even included 2016 & 2017 as he had ZERO games throwing over 400 yards.

PS

Jameis Winston has a career total of 4 games of 400+ yards passing wherein his record in those games is 2 Wins and 2 Losses so statistically speaking does that mean Dak (winning % of .571 in games where he threw for 400+ yards) is just .071 percentage points better than Winston (winning % of .500 in games where he threw for 400+ yards)??????

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Its funny we are talking about Dak throwing for 400 yards. Remember when people were complaining he didn't throw for 200 yards even when we would win in blowout fashion? Like when the Cowboys beat the Jaguars 40-7, Dak threw for 183 yards, and his critics blasted him for not getting to 200 yards. Those were the days.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
No doubt Dak has had games where he could have possibly "won" the game by better throwing. What's encouraging, however, are games like the Detroit game in 2019, it was on the NFL Network just a couple of days ago. Dak was 29 of 46, three tds and 444 yards passing. No fumbles. The defense gave up big play after big play, but each time Dak brought the Cowboys back to a comfortable lead.

Sure Detroit wasn't very good that year, but it shows that Dak is capable of the great game. In that game he made several pin point throws for first downs. Again, he's capable.

Dak's problem is his inconsistency. If he can fix that, he's can get this team a ring. He's on his second year without Garrett around, to me if he is able to "fix" the consistency issues, he will show it this year. Barring massive injuries to the o-line again, of course. And that's not considering the defense, which most SB winning quarterbacks have had help them out in many games, just Dak's play himself.

In any event, we're stuck with Dak for several more years, Cowboys can't afford to sit him, unless he just plays absolutely horribly, which he's never done....

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Very few of you read the OP. You didn’t. No one said having that many 400 yard passing games leads to wins At least I sure didn’t in the OP. What it does prove is that the overall team sucks. Having to throw that many yard means you’re behind,,,,,,a lot. Another thing it proves is that Dak can sling the ball. You don’t have the stats he has not being able to throw the ball at a very high level. I know everyone of your posts is hating on Dak and that is really a testament to your character and intelligence.
There ya go again...judging "character and intelligence" based on an internet comment.

THAT...shows lack of character and intelligence.

"Oh but I always look at the good side of things"....LOL. dude.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
Dude I’m not infatuated with Dak . You are. The vast majority of your posts are crapping on Dak. So who’s infatuated with Dak? You are. I’m infatuated with the Cowboys.

Vast majority? Do you even know what those words mean? Very easy to check my posts. I can’t recall starting a Dak thread. Yes, I comment on Dak. A lot of it is back and forth discussions. We almost all do. Because that is the topic most people have been talking about and QBs get most of the attention in football. Particularly Dak because of the contract, injury, and how his play can be perceived differently based on different metrics and such.

Newsflash - After a loss, posters here will likely rant on Jerry, McCarthy, or Dak no matter what. After a win, posters will likely praise Dak no matter what.

The Cowboys are a polarizing team. Been that way for decades. The QB position is the most polarizing position in football. Been that way for decades. Dak has been a polarizing figure from day 1. It comes with the territory. Same with Jerry Jones the day he bought the team.

I am tough on players but I am fair. I am more logical than emotional when it comes to football. Just like at work, people come to me for my opinions. I tell it like I see it and shoot straight. Most people like that. Some confidence-lacking people find it negative and only want to listen to happy fans. To each, their own.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I’m not obsessed. Quit trying to sell people snake oil. By the way, how is your ‘Parsons is nothing but snake oil’ campaign going? Got any followers or are you all lonesome on your little island?
I was just taking him at his word that you are constantly dumping on Dak. If you say that's not true then fine but I definitely see how it could be true. You are certainly obsessed with when I called Parsons snake oil. You are constantly poking me about it.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This is a Cowboys fan forum not ESPN. We might expect there to be some over zealous and over the top support for our very popular and polarizing QB.

But yet the opponents feel they need to come in and rain on the parade. I’d suggest they start their own Dak bashing threads and leave these fans to themselves. And that goes both ways.

We need a Dak Homer and Hater thread so the rest of us can have normal discussions.
I don't think is a polarizing as you say.
Now what we have are a few...vocal cells....that go on and on. 30 pages make sit look like the whole forum is fighting...lol? But like most things and people....the vast majority feel Dak is "good" or "adequate". It might not satisfy the far dak wingers and their crusade to convince everyone else of their "extreme" opinion...but it probably most accurately describes how most people feel...and really where we stand as a team.

I suppose the best thing to do for someone such as yourself...is just stay out of Dak threads? Would be impossible to separate the lovebirds of your two groups.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
There ya go again...judging "character and intelligence" based on an internet comment.

THAT...shows lack of character and intelligence.

"Oh but I always look at the good side of things"....LOL. dude.

That is what he does as when anyone brings up a counter point or counter statistics he insults. Dak has only thrown for 400+ yards a total of 7 times in his career and his record is 4-3 in those games. So while Dak is 'heralded' for having the most 400+ yards passing since 2016 his win loss record is irrelevant as it's a 'team' game and you can't blame Dak for losses.

PS
Dak as a record of 32-20 when he passes for LESS than 300 yards in a game. (so perhaps throwing less is better for the TEAM)

Last edited:

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
That is what he does as when anyone brings up a counter point or counter statistics he insults. Dak has only thrown for 400+ yards a total of 7 times in his career and his record is 4-3 in those games. So while Dak is 'heralded' for having the most 400+ yards passing since 2016 his win loss record is irrelevant as it's a 'team' game and you can't blame Dak for losses.
Dak was a turnover machine last season. Are you telling me he doesn't get held accountable for having a part in the losses?

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Vast majority? Do you even know what those words mean? Very easy to check my posts. I can’t recall starting a Dak thread. Yes, I comment on Dak. A lot of it is back and forth discussions. We almost all do. Because that is the topic most people have been talking about and QBs get most of the attention in football. Particularly Dak because of the contract, injury, and how his play can be perceived differently based on different metrics and such.

Newsflash - After a loss, posters here will likely rant on Jerry, McCarthy, or Dak no matter what. After a win, posters will likely praise Dak no matter what.

The Cowboys are a polarizing team. Been that way for decades. The QB position is the most polarizing position in football. Been that way for decades. Dak has been a polarizing figure from day 1. It comes with the territory. Same with Jerry Jones the day he bought the team.

I am tough on players but I am fair. I am more logical than emotional when it comes to football. Just like at work, people come to me for my opinions. I tell it like I see it and shoot straight. Most people like that. Some confidence-lacking people find it negative and only want to listen to happy fans. To each, their own.
The majority of your posts are crapping on Dak. You're lying to yourself if you think otherwise.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
Dak was a turnover machine last season. Are you telling me he doesn't get held accountable for having a part in the losses?

With all due respect much of what I have read regarding last season calls out the defense for being so bad and in no way Dak's fault in spite of turnovers or lack of production through the first half of the games he played and put up numbers after the games got out of hand. If anyone dares call out Dak they are called haters or trolls. Sadly open dialogue and criticism on this forum is almost as if frowned upon.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
I was just taking him at his word that you are constantly dumping on Dak. If you say that's not true then fine but I definitely see how it could be true. You are certainly obsessed with when I called Parsons snake oil. You are constantly poking me about it.

You ‘definitely see how it could be true.’ You also see Parsons as snake oil. You said it yourself and even doubled-down on it when confronted with proper derision and ridicule.

Ever think that you don’t see things correctly? Maybe you need some new glasses. Or, whatever is processing what you are seeing isn’t working properly.