Dak has the most games with over 400 yrds since 2016

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
2 scenarios
1. Move Dak around he's top three.
2. Keep him in the pocket he's middle of the pack at best.
Hoping for #1
His play action is killer best in the league actually . I want to go back to dunk dunk methodical balanced football

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Have you watched how the great Mahomes has missed some easy throws in the last 2 Super Bowls? No QB is perfect. They ALL miss passes occasionally.
Tom Brady against the Rams. Worst game I’ve ever seen quarterback play. both teams Yes Mahomes stunk up the Super Bowl. Overthrows, under throws. But he’ll get all the excuses in the world. It drives me crazy that hypocrisy

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I know what we were like without him. If people could only remember Drew Bledsoe Randall Cunningham . In the worst of all Brandon Wieden. .wearing the star. No some would rather have Andy Dalton. I just can’t comprehend the intelligence of that. They would appreciate him more I believe. Go cowboys

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Lets hope he doesn't need as many this year!!!! good high 300's with 2 td's and good run game and a middle pack D and we could be NFCCG bound!!
I am with you. if he averges in the high 200s, low 300s I would be happier. I don't want to see shoot outs, one dimensional offense...ever again

MaineBoy

Reaction score
Nobody said more was better so keep up. It just proves all the haters like you who say he's inaccurate, can't pass are wrong.

oh, Poor Rockboy... I knew you would melt down as soon as someone said something less than glowing about your Dak Doll...but within 7 posts you melt down emotionally and start lashing out at “Haters”....lol. I’m surprised you included the video of your Dak Doll throwing some passes as it just provided visual evidence of his accuracy problem. Now before your head explodes, I’ll say that there are a couple of nice, accurate throws in the reel. But there are passes that show the wide receivers making excellent adjustments to catch passes that are above, behind, or low. Or the receivers went up in traffic to get a jump ball an opponents could have caught too. And you and Dak Doll need to send flowers to Cooper for running pass routes that left him so wide open that there was even enough room for Dak to get the throw there. Though on a couple of passes, even wide open receivers had to reach down or over their heads to get the ball. Keep your head up, Mr. Sensitive.

garyo1954

Reaction score
QB1 didn't get his first 400 yard game until his third year (2018).

W 1-1 Atlanta Falcons 445
L 1-2 @Seattle Seahawks 461
L 1-3 Cleveland Browns 481
W 1-0 New York Giants 405
L 3-2 Green Bay Packers 441
W 6-4 @Detroit Lions 434
W/OT 8-5 Philadelphia Eagles 434

Mahomes has 5 in 46 games. He's 3-2. His first was also in 2018.
Ryan Fitzpatrick has 5.

Nice stat but it means you're throwing a lot.

https://www.statmuse.com/nfl/ask/most-games-of-400-yards-passing-by-a-qb-since-2016

ICP

Reaction score
That's great! But, let me know when he has the most playoff victories or something to get excited about

blueblood70

Reaction score
That wasn't the point of the thread. Haters say he can't pass, he's not accurate yet he's thrown for more 400 yrds games since 2016. The Cowboys defense and special teams and coaching have been so bad that he's always playing from behind. He's proven to be a great QB and that's why he got paid like one. I agree that any QB shouldn't have to throw for so many yards consistently. It proves the team as a whole has sucked albeit some great performances from individual players like Dak, the WR's and until recently the offensive line.
its my point far too many losses come from throwing that much, period..i want to see the numbers, betting im close to being correct..

blueblood70

Reaction score
We need a defense that stops the other team so that we don't need 400 yard games. Dak has a big target on his back for his naysayers and fans that worry about other people's money. I blame the defense, anyone with a clue does too. Not sure where you side on, doesn't really matter

we both know if you really dissect a lot of those games many of the BEING Behind came from Daks INts, fumbles and the other players on offense turning it over early then have to dig out of hole..

not all on the defense,..doesnt help defense to have an offense put them on short fields..

i agree that highs yardage's lead to a lot of losses and we need to paly with leads and yes better defense but im not excusing dak like most wont excuse Zeke..Dak was turning it over at high clip last season in those first 4 games..a lot of yards abut also lots of mistakes that caused us to play catch up..

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
we both know if you really dissect a lot of those games many of the BEING Behind came from Daks INts, fumbles and the other players on offense turning it over early then have to dig out of hole..

not all on the defense,..doesnt help defense to have an offense put them on short fields..

i agree that highs yardage's lead to a lot of losses and we need to paly with leads and yes better defense but im not excusing dak like most wont excuse Zeke..Dak was turning it over at high clip last season in those first 4 games..a lot of yards abut also lots of mistakes that caused us to play catch up..
Dak and Zeke both turned it over and our defense was horrible. Team sport.
In Dak and Zekes defense, they had no OL. There was enough blame to go around for everyone. I blame them all, not just Dak.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score

I like to add a little substance to things, so i'm going to piggy back off your post and add a little snippit from the ESPN article after the Browns game that highlights what you said in your first sentence.

"Dak Prescott had his first 500-yard game, throwing for 502 yards and four touchdowns while becoming the first NFL quarterback with at least 450 yards passing in three straight games.
Prescott set that record because the Cowboys (1-3) have played from way behind three straight weeks, in part because of turnovers by him. He five the past two games."

You're right that turnovers hurt us, but helped Dak rack up a lot of yards.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Dak and Zeke both turned it over and our defense was horrible. Team sport.
In Dak and Zekes defense, they had no OL. There was enough blame to go around for everyone. I blame them all, not just Dak.
exactly doesnt mean i cant point it out,

blueblood70

Reaction score
I like to add a little substance to things, so i'm going to piggy back off your post and add a little snippit from the ESPN article after the Browns game that highlights what you said in your first sentence.

"Dak Prescott had his first 500-yard game, throwing for 502 yards and four touchdowns while becoming the first NFL quarterback with at least 450 yards passing in three straight games.
Prescott set that record because the Cowboys (1-3) have played from way behind three straight weeks, in part because of turnovers by him. He five the past two games."

You're right that turnovers hurt us, but helped Dak rack up a lot of yards.

i unlike you wasn't really using it to hate on dak, its league wide most qbs that are in that 400-500 yard output lose a lot of those games as valiant but failed attempt at comeback by throwing 50+times to achieve it out of desperation

i wanted to add to the most as 400 isnt always agood thing..

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
i unlike you want really using it to hate on dak, its league wide most qbs that are in that 400-500 yard output lose a lot of those games as valiant but failed attempt at comeback by throwing 50+times to achieve it out of desperation

i wanted to add to the most as 400 isnt always agood thing..
:thumbup::thumbup: