Dak has the most games with over 400 yrds since 2016

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
i unlike you wasn't really using it to hate on dak, its league wide most qbs that are in that 400-500 yard output lose a lot of those games as valiant but failed attempt at comeback by throwing 50+times to achieve it out of desperation

i wanted to add to the most as 400 isnt always agood thing..

Bingo!!!!! ANY QB throwing 40+ passes are vulnerable to turnover and a lot of times not his fault ( missed assignments from many of the 10 players) but won't show on the stat sheet. Bottom line, NO coach want his QB throwing 40+ passes a game.

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
Not sure if the stat still stands, but it used to be that teams that passed for 400 yards had an abysmal record in those games.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Bingo!!!!! ANY QB throwing 40+ passes are vulnerable to turnover and a lot of times not his fault ( missed assignments from many of the 10 players) but won't show on the stat sheet. Bottom line, NO coach want his QB throwing 40+ passes a game.
...except for Kellen Moore.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
QB1 didn't get his first 400 yard game until his third year (2018).

W 1-1 Atlanta Falcons 445
L 1-2 @Seattle Seahawks 461
L 1-3 Cleveland Browns 481
W 1-0 New York Giants 405
L 3-2 Green Bay Packers 441
W 6-4 @Detroit Lions 434
W/OT 8-5 Philadelphia Eagles 434

Mahomes has 5 in 46 games. He's 3-2. His first was also in 2018.
Ryan Fitzpatrick has 5.

Nice stat but it means you're throwing a lot.

https://www.statmuse.com/nfl/ask/most-games-of-400-yards-passing-by-a-qb-since-2016

3 of those games came in 2020 where the Cowboys were down huge and the defenses were in prevent-like, bend but don’t break defenses. And two of those teams, Atlanta and Seattle, had absolute trash for defenses. Maybe even worse than the Cowboy 2020 defense. Can’t remember exactly but I think the Clev defense was pedestrian.

Why were the Cowboys down by so much? Good question. Turnovers. Lots of them with scoring droughts early and often to boot.

How about the Giant game to open 2019? Yep, INT to start the game. The Giants also had a trash defense starting Deandre Baker at CB and lots of change from the previous year. That Giant team was a putrid stinking pile of trash.

@Rockport 4 of the 7 games are nothing to brag about. I don’t know about the other 3.

Stats are like bikinis- what they reveal is nice. What they cover up is vital.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Lets hope he doesn't need as many this year!!!! good high 300's with 2 td's and good run game and a middle pack D and we could be NFCCG bound!!

I would love to see Dak have to throw for only 250 yards per game. But surely the trolls would claim that he wasnt doing enough and was being carried. Like they did his first 3 years.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
oh, Poor Rockboy... I knew you would melt down as soon as someone said something less than glowing about your Dak Doll...but within 7 posts you melt down emotionally and start lashing out at “Haters”....lol. I’m surprised you included the video of your Dak Doll throwing some passes as it just provided visual evidence of his accuracy problem. Now before your head explodes, I’ll say that there are a couple of nice, accurate throws in the reel. But there are passes that show the wide receivers making excellent adjustments to catch passes that are above, behind, or low. Or the receivers went up in traffic to get a jump ball an opponents could have caught too. And you and Dak Doll need to send flowers to Cooper for running pass routes that left him so wide open that there was even enough room for Dak to get the throw there. Though on a couple of passes, even wide open receivers had to reach down or over their heads to get the ball. Keep your head up, Mr. Sensitive.
Maybe you should stop playing with dolls. Start watching more football

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
dig further ,

curios on how many of those lead to wins..in my NFL memory , i believe most qbs with very high yardage typically was in losing efforts, not all but betting hogh% of them were losses..

I could be wrong but we dont need 400, we need efficient games with more scoring and scoring early and play with leads..this leads to more balance

We dont need 400 yard games, we need defense. But it sure is nice to know we have a QB that can do if we need it isnt it?

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
QB1 didn't get his first 400 yard game until his third year (2018).

W 1-1 Atlanta Falcons 445
L 1-2 @Seattle Seahawks 461
L 1-3 Cleveland Browns 481
W 1-0 New York Giants 405
L 3-2 Green Bay Packers 441
W 6-4 @Detroit Lions 434
W/OT 8-5 Philadelphia Eagles 434

Mahomes has 5 in 46 games. He's 3-2. His first was also in 2018.
Ryan Fitzpatrick has 5.

Nice stat but it means you're throwing a lot.

https://www.statmuse.com/nfl/ask/most-games-of-400-yards-passing-by-a-qb-since-2016
That tells you about how much the Deep Threat helps . Nothing more

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
I can and I do! He's a product of Andy Reed and the team around him. He certainly didn't have greatness in him as a Red Raider.
I thought he was clearly great in college also. I didn't think he would be THIS good as a pro, but he's proved me wrong.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Right. The result of those 400 yard games was an even 3-3 record so more isn't always better.

Are you implying that we lost the games because Dak threw for 400 yards and 3 TD? Or that our offense averaged 32 points per game? Surely you are more intelligent then that?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Exactly.... lets be a versatile O that can beat any D, I think we have the pieces. If the Defense can just hold a bit we should be able to pull away in the second half of games .

Exatly what? You agree that we were losing because the offense was great?