Dak hasn't delivered. Why pay him another dime?

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
So in your head you equate Dak to Troy Aikman?
I get it, but I wonder what Dak would have done with Jimmy Johnson, Emmitt, Irvin, Erik Williams, Larry Allen and that defense. And, no...I'm not saying Dak is better, just wonder if it would have made a difference.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I get it, but I wonder what Dak would have done with Jimmy Johnson, Emmitt, Irvin, Erik Williams, Larry Allen and that defense. And, no...I'm not saying Dak is better, just wonder if it would have made a difference.
I suppose we could turn the tables here and wonder if a more Elite QB would have a difference with this team?

Probably so on both accounts. The team you surround them with makes a difference. So does the greatness of your QB.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
And I wonder what Romo could have done with the 2016 team.

I mean...since we are playing this game. This small town rookie comes in and runs the team into the playoffs...then stalls out.

I'm not saying all Daks fault. I'm not saying Dak didn't do good. I can't believe I HAVE to qualify it like that but....people will claim I said that if I don't. Weird world.

Point being, it certainly is a valid question. Give a wily veteran that team, once he was fully healthy?

Okay... 3,2,1 DAK HATER! Right?

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
You need to watch some Kurt Warner video's and get educated .......

Do you realize we have won 12 games 3 heckin years in a row? That is just as good as a Superbowl!

We do not put up with haters like you in Hawaii ...........

How many years have you coached a team ????

Don't worry my cowboyszone geriatric warriors .......... I got him.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Do you realize we have won 12 games 3 heckin years in a row? That is just as good as a Superbowl!

You GOT nothing. Where did I deny the super awesome "12 win regular season". I never did deny or hate it.

I'd say you just proved my point better than I ever could, thank you.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
He has 1 year left on his contract.

That's the answer.

When that 1 year is up he will be gone. Accept it, Dak fan.
I’m of the opinion if the Cowboys are not going to re-sign him they should unload him now and get started on the future without him. I don’t see the point in keeping him and wasting the chance to give Lance a legitimate shot to develop at quarterback. If Dak’s not the future keeping him is a waste of money and perhaps more importantly a waste of time. Dak’s time should be up now, not $29 million and a year from now. Jerry doesn’t seem to know what he wants to do.

conner01

Reaction score
When Dak got his last ridiculous contract, Cowboys fans were assured that he was going to deliver "rings".
Last year Tad Prescott stated that "Dak wants to bring them rings."
How long is the wait, and how many hundreds of millions of dollars should Dak be given for "rings", especially considering that in the last two seasons he has shut down in the playoffs like he did before his last huge payday!
So why should Jerry believe that giving Dak another dime will help the team?
How many hundreds of millions of dollars is it worth to see him choke every time the game gets too big?
So who do you replace him with? And what are the odds he is as good since even most first round picks at QB aren’t

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Oh wait....do I need to fix my sarcasm meter? I will check it. :)

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
You GOT nothing. Where did I deny the super awesome "12 win regular season". I never did deny or hate it.

I'd say you just proved my point better than I ever could, thank you.
WOOOOOOOOO! You have seen the light!

You must have watched that Kurt Warner video I sent you and got educated!!!!!!!

We Got Another one Geriatric Cowboy Defenders!!!!!!!

conner01

Reaction score
Half of all stats are made up.

For example...."we will never get to a super bowl or even playoffs for YEARS without Dak".
That’s an option not a stat
You could draft a guy in any draft and hit on them. But the odds of that happening outside the top of the first round are really slim

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
WOOOOOOOOO! You have seen the light!

You must have watched that Kurt Warner video I sent you and got educated!!!!!!!

We Got Another one Geriatric Cowboy Defenders!!!!!!!
:laugh: I think?

Guess I better check your MO before I really step in it.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That’s an option not a stat
You could draft a guy in any draft and hit on them. But the odds of that happening outside the top of the first round are really slim
I did not quote @Chasing6 directly...but he mentioned a record of 5-12 and never sniffing playoffs/superbowl...iirc. Those are stats.

Chasing6

Reaction score
I’m of the opinion if the Cowboys are not going to re-sign him they should unload him now and get started on the future without him. I don’t see the point in keeping him and wasting the chance to give Lance a legitimate shot to develop at quarterback. If Dak’s not the future keeping him is a waste of money and perhaps more importantly a waste of time. Dak’s time should be up now, not $29 million and a year from now. Jerry doesn’t seem to know what he wants to do.
Jerry has no clue what he is doing.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Anyone else.
We know Dak isn't the guy.
How Dare you!!!!!

All these Kurt Warner videos so otherwise!!!!!

12 win games 3 years in a heckin Row!!!!!!

Dak is the state Hero of Hawaii!!!!!!!

1 out of at least 3 ex coaches say he is the best of all time!!!!!!!!!

Get educated!!!!!!!!

The Geriatric Dak and Jerry Defense Crew Loves You Dakkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk!!!!!!

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
And I wonder what Romo could have done with the 2016 team.

I mean...since we are playing this game. This small town rookie comes in and runs the team into the playoffs...then stalls out.

I'm not saying all Daks fault. I'm not saying Dak didn't do good. I can't believe I HAVE to qualify it like that but....people will claim I said that if I don't. Weird world.

Point being, it certainly is a valid question. Give a wily veteran that team, once he was fully healthy?

Well, I heard from some posters that can see into the future that Romo would have gotten hurt again, but those same posters won't tell me the winning lottery numbers for this weeks drawing.

loublue22

Reaction score
Show me a current Cowboys player that has consistently shown up in the playoffs and why pay any of them another dime?

There's an organizational problem here. Some of y'all won't realize it until Dak is gone and the same problems remain. Just as they have since Jan. 28, 1996.
I dont think anyone believes Dak is the only problem, but he plays the most important position on the field. We need new blood on the sideline and in the skybox as well.