Dak hasn't delivered. Why pay him another dime?

GINeric

Reaction score
I have countered that argument by saying I give Dak credit for finally letting Romo fully heal. He played well enough to do that. Credit where credit is due.

But give the veteran the late season and playoffs. This isn't the craps table.

Would Romo playing against GB in those playoffs years ago have prevented A. Rodgers from driving all the way downfield to get in fg range and win the game?

I highly doubt it. No quarterback in history could have prevented Rodgers from throwing a "hail mary like" pass to the sideline on Scandrick.

HonoluluCowboy

Reaction score
You need to watch some Kurt Warner video's and get educated .......

Do you realize we have won 12 games 3 heckin years in a row? That is just as good as a Superbowl!

We do not put up with haters like you in Hawaii ...........

How many years have you coached a team ????

Don't worry my cowboyszone geriatric warriors .......... I got him.
:laugh::hammer:

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Would Romo playing against GB in those playoffs years ago have prevented A. Rodgers from driving all the way downfield to get in fg range and win the game?

I highly doubt it. No quarterback in history could have prevented Rodgers from throwing a "hail mary like" pass to the sideline on Scandrick.
I have no idea what the price of tea in China this post is supposed to mean? lol.

Of course he could not, but why ask a paper tiger question? lol

HonoluluCowboy

Reaction score
Nah...Romo is my third favorite Dallas QB, behind Roger and Troy.
Danny White is 4th. It's a shame that he got hurt. You guys get me all wrong, I'm not a Dak lover, but I do support him and hope he succeeds....because, if he does, the team does. If he's gone next year, I won't cry I'll just support the next guy. I just don't get the constant bashing and those that hope he fails.

Its not that we "hope" he fails, he already has !

It's pretty obvious Chokota does not have the mental fortitude to lead us to a SB .

As such its time to move . That's life

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Its not that we "hope" he fails, he already has !

It's pretty obvious Chokota does not have the mental fortitude to lead us to a SB .

As such its time to move . That's life
Same can be said about Romo, but some still idolize him.....where's the logic. And the fact that Dak has failed is true, but he still has a lot of football to play. He still has a chance.

kumizi

Reaction score
Because going 12-5 and getting bounced in the first round makes the Jones boys significantly more money than going 8-9 and no playoffs.

Not a tough concept

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Because going 12-5 and getting bounced in the first round makes the Jones boys significantly more money than going 8-9 and no playoffs.

Not a tough concept
It is a business.....gotta make money to pay the players. There is no magic pill to win a SB.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score

Not a tough concept
Does it though? Wouldn't it make them more money to go to a conference championship or a SB?

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Nah...Romo is my third favorite Dallas QB, behind Roger and Troy.
Danny White is 4th. It's a shame that he got hurt. You guys get me all wrong, I'm not a Dak lover, but I do support him and hope he succeeds....because, if he does, the team does. If he's gone next year, I won't cry I'll just support the next guy. I just don't get the constant bashing and those that hope he fails.
That's cool. I don't really lump you in with what you mentioned...I just see you objecting to only one side. That's fine, I am often guilty of the same thing.

We'd all like the same thing, I am sure!...for Dak to break through and will this team to some hard-earned victories. One would think that's what a real leader and top 5 QB does, at least sometimes. So far many are convinced he hasn't. Some convinced he can't, by now.

At what point do you bail out? Jerry isn;t very good at it, among other things.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Naw not at all. Look at the genius up top....talking about "that would require us to have a QB to take us there".....he just simply doesn't get it and I don't care to explain it to him.
Most of the time good QB's are integral to Super Bowls...but not the only thing. At least good enough to not screw up.

Dak? Proved he can screw it up.

Marino? Not sure he did, still didn't get one but at least got close.

It's not a black or white thing, a lot of factors, but there are some generalities.