Dak hasn't delivered. Why pay him another dime?

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Your talking about Dak, right? If you want to throw veiled insults at me then do it like a man/boy or whatever.
The veiled insults by tough guys to get by the rules or look savvy....

(fyi not questioning admin...it can be hard to cover everything...and "interpreting" isn't what they should do. We still know it when we see. )

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That's cool. I don't really lump you in with what you mentioned...I just see you objecting to only one side. That's fine, I am often guilty of the same thing.

We'd all like the same thing, I am sure!...for Dak to break through and will this team to some hard-earned victories. One would think that's what a real leader and top 5 QB does, at least sometimes. So far many are convinced he hasn't. Some convinced he can't, by now.

At what point do you bail out? Jerry isn;t very good at it, among other things.
If it was up to me I'd play Lance as much as I could....if he shows something, then Dak can walk. I think Dak is a quality QB, he's had some bad luck and tends to push to hard in the post season....doesn't mean he can't break through. It's tough to let a quality QB walk in today's game, they don't grow on trees. I can see the dilemma Jerry is in.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Is said player part of the team? If so then is he not part of the so called handicap?
I have said THIS before! These men have been playing all their lives, they SHOULD know how to play by now.

That's what is so maddening about people that make excuses for Dak's GB game. "Terrible play design caused interceptions". Um...what the hell did you just say?

Come on man!

Chasing6

Reaction score
If it was up to me I'd play Lance as much as I could....if he shows something, then Dak can walk. I think Dak is a quality QB, he's had some bad luck and tends to push to hard in the post season....doesn't mean he can't break through. It's tough to let a quality QB walk in today's game, they don't grow on trees. I can see the dilemma Jerry is in.
Trance is not going to show anything other than he is a good athlete.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Most of the time good QB's are integral to Super Bowls...but not the only thing. At least good enough to not screw up.

Dak? Proved he can screw it up.

Marino? Not sure he did, still didn't get one but at least got close.

It's not a black or white thing, a lot of factors, but there are some generalities.
Your point is falling on me. I never said it was black or white so I guess I agree.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Your point is falling on me. I never said it was black or white so I guess I agree.
I never know if you are serious or pulling legs. Either one is concerning.

I assume YOUR point is the statement "the good QB gets us the super bowl"? If not stop me there.

My point is you either need a REAL good QB (mahommes/brady...I mean that should ring true!)....or a QB that takes care of the ball and makes just enough plays. (dilfer/brad johnson)

True...either way you need some other stuff in place....but we got to find a way to assess the QB position somehow. Dak so far does not fit into that scenario regardless of "other stuff".

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Actually hung out with them before I retired...they would hold camps at my school.
I was talking about myself and all my coaching experience ....... 35 years at Camp Chokawa ..... The Fighting Cocks!

fighting-rooster-spreading-wings-attacking-600nw-2197835797.jpg

Go Cowboys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

:laugh:

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I never know if you are serious or pulling legs.
He tried pulling my leg ........ but I was to fast and then countered with a Kurt Warner video owning the haters!!!!!!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

3 years of 12 wins ....................... better than a Superbowl! ........................... Best QB and GM in the league!

Lets GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ALL IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
If Dak hits the open market, he’ll become the highest paid player in NFL history as some teams will go after him hard.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
If Dak hits the open market, he’ll become the highest paid player in NFL history as some teams will go after him hard.
This right here ............. Dak will have the first Billion dollar contract!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Jerry will never let him go! Nobody will go harder at Dak than Jerry! Dak and Jerry together forever !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lets Gooooooooooooooooo!!!!! All Innnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn!!!!

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
I get it, but I wonder what Dak would have done with Jimmy Johnson, Emmitt, Irvin, Erik Williams, Larry Allen and that defense. And, no...I'm not saying Dak is better, just wonder if it would have made a difference.
My guess is Dak would have QB'd the Cowboys to multiple double digit win seasons but never able to get over the hump in the playoffs. I'm real confident that if Dak started his career on the 89 team, Walsh would have become QB1.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
My guess is Dak would have QB'd the Cowboys to multiple double digit win seasons but never able to get over the hump in the playoffs. I'm real confident that if Dak started his career on the 89 team, Walsh would have become QB1.
Please ........ I'm begging you ........ watch a Kurt Warner video and get educated!

3 12 win seasons ............

No trolls in Hawaii .................

How many years of coaching exp do you have ............

All In ......................

Wooooo!

I got him boys ............. he's done for ............ another fella slain by the incredible Troll Slayer!