Dak hasn't delivered. Why pay him another dime?

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I can see him instead trading for an elite proven QB who has won multiple playoff games.
Who’s going to trade an elite proven QB that’s won multiple playoff games? He’s not about to package picks for an Aaron Rodgers type QB that’s pushing 40 or an aging Joe Montana type that’s coming off a serious injury. He’s going to be looking for a long-term answer.

stinkface

Reaction score
Who’s going to trade an elite proven QB that’s won multiple playoff games? He’s not about to package picks for an Aaron Rodgers type QB that’s pushing 40 or an aging Joe Montana type that’s coming off a serious injury. He’s going to be looking for a long-term answer.
Someone who doesn't want to pay that elite QB or someone who wants to play in Texas with no cold weather and no state income tax.

PS. I don't think Jerry reads this forum so I don't believe he cares what we write. Jerry will do whatever he wants to do. He's 81 years old. He doesn't care what other folks think. Remember, he's the same idiot that traded 2 number 1 picks for Joey Galloway.

OGSixshooter

Reaction score
I give you haters credit. You’re persistent and focused albeit not objective.
Kind sir...we have nothing on the DUTIFUL DEVOTION of the Dak stans...I mean...talk about cheerleading.

We don't even have to watch the game to know the post-game analysis: Not Dak's fault, Needs more help, Betrayed by the defense, o-line didn't block perfectly, don't have a 2000yard/year back, etc....all for a duck-walking, slew-footed 4th round pick who modeled himself after Tim Tebow. Yeah...for that...let's pay him top dollar...because...we can get all that Dak "needs" on the discount free agency market swap meet.

OGSixshooter

Reaction score
I'm a Dak fan. But he has shown in 8 years he needs a deep roster to help him win. We can't give him that roster if hes taking a huge chunk of the cap. If he doesn't see the value in being the Cowboys starting QB (look at the cushy jobs Aikman and Romo, our last two franchise QBs have in the booth, let alone all the ads Dak is in, does he think he'd get those if he was the Bucs QB?), then he can go elsewhere and good luck to him. We aren't winning with him anyway, so why keep dragging it for another 5 years where we have to lose player to accommodate his demands.
An honest man...kudos.

Hadenough

Reaction score
Hard disagree. Romo played that last philly game and scored on the first drive. Teams were preparing for Dak. With Romo, we would have absolutely beat GB.
When Romo came in for that one drive it was like wow! The ball was thrown on a rope and he was hitting WRs in stride. Just the visual difference was drastic with Romo looking like he was a complete upgrade.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Someone who doesn't want to pay that elite QB or someone who wants to play in Texas with no cold weather and no state income tax.

PS. I don't think Jerry reads this forum so I don't believe he cares what we write. Jerry will do whatever he wants to do. He's 81 years old. He doesn't care what other folks think. Remember, he's the same idiot that traded 2 number 1 picks for Joey Galloway.
So you're saying someone who does not want to pay, just like GM Jethro who does not want to pay and you want Jethro to give up draft picks on top of that to make it happen.

How does that make sense?

The weather and the income tax are not very high priorities on a list for a QB.

conner01

Reaction score
Anyone else.
We know Dak isn't the guy.
But who can you get that is? Just letting Dak walk without a plan to replace him means you save his money but lose the money on lamb, micah and others dince you can’t win without a QB. Anyone but Dak isn’t a plan it’s just ones hate for the player. What’s the plan?

Chasing6

Reaction score
But who can you get that is? Just letting Dak walk without a plan to replace him means you save his money but lose the money on lamb, micah and others dince you can’t win without a QB. Anyone but Dak isn’t a plan it’s just ones hate for the player. What’s the plan?
GM Jethro has no plan. I would be impressed if he let Dak walk traded CD and Micah and went All-In on a rebuild.

Problem is, we still have GM Jethro, who I don't trust to build anything.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
When Romo came in for that one drive it was like wow! The ball was thrown on a rope and he was hitting WRs in stride. Just the visual difference was drastic with Romo looking like he was a complete upgrade.
The clouds parted, the sun was shinier than ever, i can hear the angels singing now....the best thing that ever happened for Romo's rep was stepping away..he became the best passer to ever play somehow...

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
No reason really, I mean he's been a good guy, good teammate.

But that's not enough....

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The clouds parted, the sun was shinier than ever, i can hear the angels singing now....the best thing that ever happened for Romo's rep was stepping away..he became the best passer to ever play somehow...
Please. Do not diss the angels. They did heavenly work that day, whispering into every Eagles' defenders' ear, "Thou shalt not touch Antonio Ramiro Romo. For doing so whilst paralyze him from the neckith down."

All Philadelphia defenders obeyed. The angels' intervention was a blessing in disguise. So many predicted Romo would be on dead's door if anyone simply breathed in his direction. Only the angels could prevent a quite common occurrence--tackling and injury--in the sport of professional football.

Miracles. They do not only happen in Olympic hockey.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Please. Do not diss the angels. They did heavenly work that day, whispering into every Eagles' defenders' ear, "Thou shalt not touch Antonio Ramiro Romo. For doing so whilst paralyze him from the neckith down."

All Philadelphia defenders obeyed. The angels' intervention was a blessing in disguise. So many predicted Romo would be on dead's door if anyone simply breathed in his direction. Only the angels could prevent a quite common occurrence--tackling and injury--in the sport of professional football.

Miracles. They do not only happen in Olympic hockey.
Laser beams i tell you...laser beams!..lol
are we sure it was the angels i think the philly D was scared to get in the way of those rockets, could've hurt someone....

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Laser beams i tell you...laser beams!..lol
Yes yes! Every Romo pass were laser beams that day! Every ball was carried on the wings of angels! Hallelujah!

:laugh: In all seriousness though, I do not comprehend, to this day, how the team's three-headed hydra brain trust could both strongly insinuate Romo was being protected from further injury not being the starter and still keep him as the backup quarterback. An injury can happen to any player, on any down, during any game, at any time, against first- or fourth stringers. That is an unquestionable fact of the sport. Yet, there he was. Playing a series, supposedly to 'knock off rust'. Pure unmitigated garbage.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
If the delivering is winning a championship, then there’s several QBs that have gotten paid a lot more money than Dak that haven’t delivered.
C’mon Man. Please no facts here. Lol

Don’t tell me there are other Franchise QB’s who choke in the playoffs and still get paid :)

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Yes yes! Every Romo pass were laser beams that day! Every ball was carried on the wings of angels! Hallelujah!

:laugh: In all seriousness though, I do not comprehend, to this day, how the team's three-headed hydra brain trust could both strongly insinuate Romo was being protected from further injury not being the starter and still keep him as the backup quarterback. An injury can happen to any player, on any down, during any game, at any time, against first- or fourth stringers. That is an unquestionable fact of the sport. Yet, there he was. Playing a series, supposedly to 'knock off rust'. Pure unmitigated garbage.
100% agree they started a QB contraversy and loved it...because they dont understand how locker rooms work..they are looking for headlines and bad ones will do. If you have no intention of playing Romo then you dont bring him in that game..unless you dont care about your locker room and you just want a bunch of headlines about who should play QB in the playoffs.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Who doesn’t want to pay an elite QB? We just saw Lawrence get paid $55 million a year equaling Joe Burrow as the highest paid QB in the league and he’s not even close to being elite. Even average QBs are getting paid huge money. No way is a team going to trade an “elite” QB. It’s not going to happen. We’ve only seen two elite QBs traded Joe Montana, and Aaron Rodgers and they were aging and one was coming off a serious injury. Steve Young was traded years ago by Tampa, but he wasn’t close to being an elite QB at the time. They didn’t think he was the answer which is why they traded him. You’re dreaming a silly dream if you think someone is going to trade an elite QB.