Dak Having Avg Season, Missed 1 Game Yet Breaks Several of Romo Records

mmohican29

Reaction score
Yes, so without the 17 games he wouldn’t have got to play the Eagles backups.

Sure he could have.

Who teams choose to play in meaningless games is up to them.

There's no "clinch and you must sit" rule, sir.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
not an attack, stating facts,, if you are blue and i call you blue, that's an attack?

if it looks like duck, sounds lie duck., its a DUCK!

Love how Daksters always love saying they are saying facts. But then they have problems with facts like 17 game seasons versus 16 game season. The NFC East was a bit tougher when Romo Played. The Fact that Dak wouldn't have beaten or even Tied Romo's record this season if it had been a 16 game season. Yeah selective facts. And how is calling someone sad and toxic and telling them shoo fly stating facts ;) You know what an opinion is? Seems to be that you think that is a fact.

morat1959

Reaction score
With the regular season over, Dak has had an average season with stretches of greatness and stretches where he struggled. He even missed one game so in a season where he only played 16 games, he still broke several of Romo's records and even set an NFL record.
  • Most Cowboy's TD passes in a single game
  • Most Cowboy's TD passes in a single season
  • Breaks Cowboy's & NFL single season record with 22 TD scorers
Some of this is due to a very bad NFC East, an NFL that IMO continues to produce more bad teams than good, and of course last night we faced the Eagles-Lite. A lot of this also falls into the "empty trash time stats", something I think both Dak and Romo benefitted from stats-wise.

Ultimately, as a longtime fan, all I care about is a deep playoff run. If we fail to do that in the 2022 playoffs, then these type of big stats are meaningless, and it's another round of a season full of promise that ends in in playoff failure. I just wanna win multiple games in the playoffs this year and it's not looking good right now.
And what did Romo ever win. Records mean nothing.

Gaede

Reaction score
Record or not. Dak had an up and down year and the numbers at the end of it all are still awesome.

Goes to show that maybe the expectations of many here are absolutely unattainable

shabazz

Reaction score
That was a remarkable stat they threw up on the screen. I wonder how they track random stuff like that!

Given our up and down season...and the amount of weapons we have on this team.....SWEET!

I’m glad they didn’t put the stat of playoff wins and losses over the last 25 years…..or how we’ve owned the most 8-8 records during that time too. Go Cowboys!

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I’m glad they didn’t put the stat of playoff wins and losses over the last 25 years…..or how we’ve owned the most 8-8 records during that time too. Go Cowboys!
You got that right!

We can just come here to be reminded every day.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Dak.... Dak, hes our man, if he cant do it, nobody can.

Do you chant that prior to the start of each game?lol

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
How many nfc championship games did Romo and Dak play in?
None. Is that the bar? Do they hand out Super BOwl rings to guys who make the NFC championship game? Ultimately Danny White failed like Romo did and like Dak has to this point. Aikman and Roger are the ones with the hardware.

Echo9

Erik_H
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
With the regular season over, Dak has had an average season with stretches of greatness and stretches where he struggled. He even missed one game so in a season where he only played 16 games, he still broke several of Romo's records and even set an NFL record.
  • Most Cowboy's TD passes in a single game
  • Most Cowboy's TD passes in a single season
  • Breaks Cowboy's & NFL single season record with 22 TD scorers
Some of this is due to a very bad NFC East, an NFL that IMO continues to produce more bad teams than good, and of course last night we faced the Eagles-Lite. A lot of this also falls into the "empty trash time stats", something I think both Dak and Romo benefitted from stats-wise.

Ultimately, as a longtime fan, all I care about is a deep playoff run. If we fail to do that in the 2022 playoffs, then these type of big stats are meaningless, and it's another round of a season full of promise that ends in in playoff failure. I just wanna win multiple games in the playoffs this year and it's not looking good right now.
So he only played in 16 games? As opposed to how many games others played in the past? I think it actually validates the breaking of the records that he played in 16 games. Apples to apples.

Brax

Reaction score
first time in the nfl,

dak 4k
zeke 1k
lamb 1k
Diggs 10 ints
Parsons 12 sacks

all missed at least one game or more so stop the its a 17-game nonsense.

#1 overall offense 12-5 playoffs etc etc 6-0 in the division if you can't enjoy this, you need to follow a different team and/or different sport.,.

you would think after 8-8 firing of Garett and 6-10 lost season, this would get you all up and its not and its sad place for sure.
It's the extra game so stop the nonsense, all those offensive stats should have a * along with a second one for playing second and third string infected D's. I bet you thought last night's game was great. This is what 25 years of losing has turned many fans into, blind, content with the bloated stats, records and hollow victories.

ArtClink

Reaction score
So he only played in 16 games? As opposed to how many games others played in the past? I think it actually validates the breaking of the records that he played in 16 games. Apples to apples.
I agree.

ArtClink

Reaction score
None. Is that the bar? Do they hand out Super BOwl rings to guys who make the NFC championship game? Ultimately Danny White failed like Romo did and like Dak has to this point. Aikman and Roger are the ones with the hardware.
Not true. White failed in the NFC championship game three times. Romo never won more than 2 WC games in just the ten years he was here, while Dak still a chance to beat Romo's low bar of two wc wins. Danny White is in the class above unless you consider playing in an conf championship game the same as playing in a divisional round lol.

JonesBoys

Reaction score
It's more about era than anything. He's not half the QB of some of his predecessors.

100% People look back at Aikman’s stats and think he was average. If Dak had half of Aikman’s accuracy then this team would be going to the super bowl.

ArtClink

Reaction score
And what did Romo ever win. Records mean nothing.
Exactly. Romo was a nice undrafted QB with no post season success other than two wild card wins in 10 years. I think Dak is better than Romo as he has already broken some of Romo's records and Dak still has years to play to see if he can lead us into an NFC championship game. One of my points was Dak broke Romo's records in a season that Dak played brilliantly and some subpar performances. I continue to marvel at the accolades heaped on Romo and the overly critical hate pointed at Dak when Dak has already won 50% as many playoff games as Romo and his career is not even half over.

ArtClink

Reaction score
100% People look back at Aikman’s stats and think he was average. If Dak had half of Aikman’s accuracy then this team would be going to the super bowl.
Randall Cunnigham has very similar lifetime stats as Aikamn but no one is putting him in the HOF. Aikman was our most accurate passer but Staubach was our greatest QB of all time.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
His season looked average to some because he started off having an MVP year. He set the bar for himself very high those first seven games. However he threw more TDs the second half of the season than he did the first half. He had 12 TD passes in his last three games. He also had a career high in completion percentage with 68.8%.