Dak Having Avg Season, Missed 1 Game Yet Breaks Several of Romo Records

JonesBoys

Reaction score
Randall Cunnigham has very similar lifetime stats as Aikamn but no one is putting him in the HOF. Aikman was our most accurate passer but Staubach was our greatest QB of all time.

I agree with that. I was too young so never saw Staubach play but seeing film and what he did I would agree he’s the best. As far as Randall having similar stats, what were Randall’s stats like in the playoffs compared to Aikman in the playoffs? Don’t think they are similar there. Aikman had his best games in big playoffs games.

Mr_437

Reaction score
I agree with that. I was too young so never saw Staubach play but seeing film and what he did I would agree he’s the best. As far as Randall having similar stats, what were Randall’s stats like in the playoffs compared to Aikman in the playoffs? Don’t think they are similar there. Aikman had his best games in big playoffs games.[/QUOTE]
Yes Sir, and that's why Aikman is the man, and no other QB wearing a Cowboys uniform has done anything of note in comparison.

It's about the Playoffs, but many new fans get off on regular season.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Not true. White failed in the NFC championship game three times. Romo never won more than 2 WC games in just the ten years he was here, while Dak still a chance to beat Romo's low bar of two wc wins. Danny White is in the class above unless you consider playing in an conf championship game the same as playing in a divisional round lol.
Second place and last are all the same...........neither is a SB.

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
Dak's a good quarterback. I get frustrated with him at times but minus Parson I get frustrated at all the Dallas Players playing level at times. He's going to be up and down and we have to just hope he's up when it counts. But looking at a lot of games with the Ticket. It could be far worse at quarterback then far better. Hope everyone has a great-no stress from a "Dallas" game- Sunday day !!!:thumbup:

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Yeah but there is 17 games now for every QB which is why more single season records will be broken.

In a 16 game season had he missed a game it would be 15.

This is simple.
I'm not sure what relevance that has to anything. He broke the record in 16 games...your argument is that he wouldn't have broken it if it was only 16 games? Dak is the only player who y'all come up with these crazy hypotheticals for lol.....

SDCowboy

Reaction score
What is your point, lol?
Dude makes a thread starting with downplaying Dak records/stats, only to then go into how he only cares about the playoffs. Thus, what is the point of this thread?

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Doesn't matter. I'll take a "struggled" Dak vs a no Dak as in the Dalton era of 6-10 last season. The man struggled & still won division & playoff bound.

If not for Zuerlein's misses, Dallas would have been 15-2. Not bad for a quarterback that "struggled".

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I'm not sure what relevance that has to anything. He broke the record in 16 games...your argument is that he wouldn't have broken it if it was only 16 games? Dak is the only player who y'all come up with these crazy hypotheticals for lol.....

Pretty simple. If it was a 16 game season him being injured wouldn’t have got him to 16 games. It would be 15.

17 games gave him the opportunity to play 16. Duh.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Romo wasnt that great... *ducks*
Romo was a very good NFL QB. Great? No. He’s just overrated by many Cowboys fans because for a decade, Romo was about all we had to give any hope. Unfortunately, TR too many times did not come up big in games where the season was on the line. The HOF talk I’ve seen about TR is silly. ROH? Meh. I guess so.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dude makes a thread starting with downplaying Dak records/stats, only to then go into how he only cares about the playoffs. Thus, what is the point of this thread?
Isn’t this an opinion forum? My take was that he was saying Dak is deserving some accolades for the records, but it’s the playoffs that a really matter.

What’s wrong with that?

SDCowboy

Reaction score
Isn’t this an opinion forum?
I'm not knocking him for having an opinion. I'm knocking the thread for having no direction. Or rather, going two different directions. lol

He downplays Dak's number (fine whatever), but then goes into how the numbers don't matter anyway and he only cares about playoffs runs. So the discussion in this thread is ???

DFWJC

Reaction score
Dak only played 16, though.
still a 17 game season.

say one QB decides to struggle through a pulled muscle and play 17 games, but in that injury game has an awful game
vs one who decides (or coach decides) to sit the game out.....it's still a 17 game season

the 5 TDs in one game vs Philly last night made all of this possible

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Pretty simple. If it was a 16 game season him being injured wouldn’t have got him to 16 games. It would be 15.

17 games gave him the opportunity to play 16. Duh.
So in this bizzaro universe who's to say Dak even misses a game in your hypothetical 16 game season? And calm down with the "duh" act your age.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
still a 17 game season.

if one QB decide to struggle through a pilled muscle and play 17 games, but in that extra game as an awful game
vs one who decides to sit the game out.....it's still a 17 game season

the 5 TDs in one game vs Philly last night made all of this possible
If we are doing hypotheticals if the league never became a passing league Romo wouldn't even have the record to begin with. He'd be behind Aikman and Staubach.

DFWJC

Reaction score
If we are doing hypotheticals if the league never became a passing league Romo wouldn't even have the record to begin with. He'd be behind Aikman and Staubach.
of course he would be behind them...especially Staubach

it gets easier and easier to throw for TDs and get higher passer ratings.

I know I've never once mentioned that Romo was the leader in most of Cowboy passing records because it really had little meaning to me....nor does Dak's new record or those after him.