Dak Having Avg Season, Missed 1 Game Yet Breaks Several of Romo Records

Creeper

Reaction score
It's more about era than anything. He's not half the QB of some of his predecessors.

This is so true. Even all that slobbering over the Eagles rookie breaking their franchise rookie record for receiving. Less than 1000 yards in a 17 game season. Big deal. Not taking anything away from the kid. He looks like he will be a good receiver, but please stop the hyperbole. There was a time when rookies never saw the field for their first 2 or 3 years. To me the rookie DeSean Jackson was a much bigger pain the the but than DeVonta Smith. His speed was always a threat.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Based on absolutely nothing. As careless as he was with the football early in his career? Imagine him having to throw against a Deion Sanders?
Like I always say....it gets easier every year for QBs

anyway...Romos 2014 was far better than his 2007---which was his 1st full year of starting.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I respectfully disagree. When the salary cap came into effect in 1994, it was supposed to level the playing field and be a dynasty killer, but instead it produced the Pats dynasty. BTW, Brady played his entire career in a BAD division - Bills, Jets, & Dolphins while the NFC East has only been bad for the past 4-ish years.

The salary cap had one unexpected effect: It allowed fans to see which franchises were dysfunctional, some more than others and because of this we have seen a lot of bad teams since 1994. Even worse, it seems the number of bad teams continues to rise esp the past five years as we also see a smaller number of great teams.

I watched the 85 bears and there has not been anything close to them ever since due to the salary cap impact and the evolving rules that further hamstring NFL defenses. Romo faced plenty of bad teams.
Yep, the salary cap destroyed team dynasties.

But I’d argue it created QB dynasties since he’s basically the only position which teams retain for most of entire career.

The teams with the most elite QB’s with few exceptions remain the most consistent contenders .

You can win without one but it takes so much more and difficult to maintain keeping it together.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
So in this bizzaro universe who's to say Dak even misses a game in your hypothetical 16 game season? And calm down with the "duh" act your age.

Because he missed the game. Nothing hypothetical about it. Cooper Rush started against the Vikings.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Because he missed the game. Nothing hypothetical about it. Cooper Rush started against the Vikings.
But its a different bizarro universe. So let me guess in this universe everything happens exactly the same except there's only 16 games lol...of course right? This is silly......

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm not knocking him for having an opinion. I'm knocking the thread for having no direction. Or rather, going two different directions. lol

He downplays Dak's number (fine whatever), but then goes into how the numbers don't matter anyway and he only cares about playoffs runs. So the discussion in this thread is ???
Well….that’s your opinion. And that’s cool.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Not in the 90's it didn't.......
true.
Passer rating went up in the 90s but very very slowly.

Since then, ave passer rating have soared each decade.
a 95 in 2005 is about a 105+ now, for example.

A historic season would have to at the very least be the best in the league that current year, let alone 10, 20,30 years ago.
At least start w/ that.

When Romo had 36 in 2007, that was good, but even then...Tom Brady had 50.....now THAT is historic.

This year, Dak's 37 will end up being top 5 or so in just this year, depending on who plays or sits out.
Brady, Stafford, Rodgers and maybe some others will have more this year.

I guess if they got to play Phillys backups today and they stayed in most of the game, maybe they get a few extra.

Adreme

Reaction score
People talking about era like the current era of players are not significantly better than the ones 30 years ago have their own blinders on. Players are bigger, stronger, and faster at every position and add to that that they are more prepared to be NFL players than ever before and the skill level in the NFL from position to position has never been higher.