Dak is being replaced in the Pro Bowl by Baker Mayfield

Cmac

Reaction score
That's why I said it was years ago ... lol

In any case, I wasn't advocating it, just providing info for those who may not be old enough to remember.

And I agree. Heck, the reason they don't do a full contact Pro Bowl game anymore is the risk of injury, and of harming teams and player careers. No way they would do that now with the SB winning team and college players who haven't even got their first NFL contract.
I'm with ya'. All good.

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
We were in the same place with Romo. By the way Mayfield choked in the big moment with an INT against Detroit with 1:35 left. You’re just one of those who’ll take any QB but Dak. Just put the names of 50 QBs in a bag not named Dak Prescott, reach in and pull one out and you’ll take them. :rolleyes:
The sad part is, if we did do what you are saying, pick any of 50 QB, they couldn't do any worse than Dak. They may lose more in the regular season but if you can't win in the playoffs, then what does it matter. Championships are all that matter.. and Dak has proven time and time again, he is not a championship level QB, he is a good to great in season QB but wilts in the playoffs. So yea, give me someone who I do not KNOW they will choke, give me some hope even if it is just a 1% chance of hope, because 1% is better than the current 0% chance we currently have.

DFWJC

Reaction score
I never want to hear anyone state the number of Pro Bowlers a team has again....as if it means anything
It's such a joke

All-Pro? sure
Pro-Bowl? silly

quickccc

Reaction score
It's flag football anyway, and he's bailing out of that as well, maybe for personal matters ...

do they still go to Hawaii,.. or has that changed as well.?

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
The sad part is, if we did do what you are saying, pick any of 50 QB, they couldn't do any worse than Dak. They may lose more in the regular season but if you can't win in the playoffs, then what does it matter. Championships are all that matter.. and Dak has proven time and time again, he is not a championship level QB, he is a good to great in season QB but wilts in the playoffs. So yea, give me someone who I do not KNOW they will choke, give me some hope even if it is just a 1% chance of hope, because 1% is better than the current 0% chance we currently have.
We could do a lot worse than Dak and you know it. If we lose more in the regular season which lesser QBs we’ll struggle to make the playoffs. It all starts with the regular season and the only chance you have at winning a championship is making the playoffs. Dak has been an excellent regular season QB. He’s led us to 4 division titles but the “team” has proven it’s not championship level and that’s had an affect on his play. He’s having to carry the team and press because our defense SUCKS in the playoffs. No QB is going to have success when no one around them is stepping up and playing well. There’s no way we’ll win anything with the defenses we show up with in the playoffs, regardless the QB.

basel90

Reaction score
Funny. I remembering pimping him for our #2 spot two years ago and was torn to shreds in the forum from all our expert QB analysts. Would have been fairly cheap too.
indeed. many clowns exist

starfan1

Reaction score
skipping a flag football game for having a baby. Cant say i blame him

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
Guess he is on the injury list with a bruised ego, swollen head and hurt his feelings. What a leader, best since Gen. Eisenhower.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Maybe it's because Dak's embarrassed -- I've gotta admit, I'm a bit embarrassed for him, myself. Will time heal the pain? H-m-m. :huh:

Last edited:

Aftershock

Reaction score
This was a real leader that played in Dallas once upon a time
Ended the season as the #1 seed and got bounced and embarrassed in the first round by the #8 Warriors and played poorly at that
Still took it on the chin and accepted the MVP award

Jfconrow

Reaction score
Did Dak skip the pro bowl because he didn’t want to put himself up against the other qbs when an extension is on the line? Some of these QBs look horrible

blueblood70

Reaction score
Did Dak skip the pro bowl because he didn’t want to put himself up against the other qbs when an extension is on the line? Some of these QBs look horrible
lots of good quarterbacks and other players skip the pro bowl dude..... i didn't even watch it it doesn't have the luster anymore and he knows it.wasnt worth the time..its noice to be voted in but playing that farce of a meaningless version of NFL football with flags, why would you want to play? like many said he went on vaca and awaits his child to be born soon..

by the way his contract was on the line his whole career and this year under pressure top 5 in mvp voting. Sure hes so scared to go to a PB game LMAO.