Dak is being replaced in the Pro Bowl by Baker Mayfield

Ken

Reaction score
Actually the shallow pool belongs to the hanger on idiots that still believe this quarterback is going to take them anywhere.

Some of us been trying to tell you all all along you don't believe us you don't believe the players you don't believe the players families
Right.

You guys are regular genius'. Who would have thought that a team that hasn't been in the CC game in 30 years....wouldn't make the CC game.

Redline360

Reaction score
Honestly don't care

Pro bowl has been a joke for awhile now. Being a "pro bowler" honestly means nothing nowadays imo

conner01

Reaction score
It's being reported that Dak isn't going for personal reasons. Just like Zach isn't going for personal reasons. But only one of those players will get hated and bashed on for simply not attending the Pro Bowl.
Haters gonna hate lol

conner01

Reaction score
Honestly don't care

Pro bowl has been a joke for awhile now. Being a "pro bowler" honestly means nothing nowadays imo
I haven’t watched in years. I wish they’d scrap it and replace it with rotating from city to city and just have fan events. Let fans get up close with their favorite player and such. The game is less interesting than watching paint dry

BoysForLife

Reaction score
I was addressing the poster who made it seem like Baker Mayfield has a habit or history of being clutch in big games or achieving a bunch of many playoff winning moments in his career.
Fair enough.

end of the day though, it doesn't really matter how others do. I've never been one to justify my own failures by looking at others failures to make me feel better.

Dak wants to be paid like the man. He makes $37 million a year more currently than Mayfield does. That's about the change even more in Dak's favor. He should be held to a (much) higher standard. Both by himself and his fans. JMHO

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Pick any QB in the league, any of them. Put them on the cowboys.. we end up the same place as we do with Dak. so yea, give me Baker, give me someone, anyone that might not choke in the big moments. We all know Dak will, I would rather have a Mr. Irrelevant where there is at least some hope he won't choke then roll with the QB we all know WILL choke. As long as Dak is the QB of the cowboys, we will never make a championship game, he just folds when there is pressure, always has, always will. he is a mental midget.
We were in the same place with Romo. By the way Mayfield choked in the big moment with an INT against Detroit with 1:35 left. You’re just one of those who’ll take any QB but Dak. Just put the names of 50 QBs in a bag not named Dak Prescott, reach in and pull one out and you’ll take them. :rolleyes:

zeke21

Reaction score
Might be the baby or it might be the skills comp..

It is nothing in the grand scheme of things but it does smack of a man running scared.. and complacent. Dak has been treated as 'elite' from day 1.. and has shown that arrogance from day 1.. has always believed he is a better QB than he is.

Guys like Purdy have had to prove it.. Baker this year (like or loathe him) had a 'prove it' contract and went to work.. guys like Goff have had to deal with being traded away and find a way to climb the mountain again. The point being that there are some guys like welcome the opportunity to go out there and show that they are working hard on their craft.. Dak has always had everything handed to him.

I'm not surprised he passed on the ProBowl for whatever reason.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Yep, too many embrace mediocrity
No one embraces mediocrity that’s just the silly spin some of you have who hate Dak. If you want to know what mediocrity is insert a lesser QB than him and we’ll be sitting home for the playoffs every year.

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
Fair enough.

end of the day though, it doesn't really matter how others do. I've never been one to justify my own failures by looking at others failures to make me feel better.

Dak wants to be paid like the man. He makes $37 million a year more currently than Mayfield does. That's about the change even more in Dak's favor. He should be held to a (much) higher standard. Both by himself and his fans. JMHO
Dak is most likely gone from the team if he can't prove himself in a couple of seasons. The part about being paid like a man can be said for the rest of the team. Especially the defensive players who get big contracts. If they want to be paid like men then they should do their jobs in the playoffs and not lay the sole blame of how they choose to play on one player on the offensive side of the ball.

They should be holding themselves to high standards just like Dak should and not as some suggests want to be paid big time. While not shouldering the responsibility of their part in a team loss and only to share in on the positive praise and credit the team gets when they are winning. Yet wanting it to fall on one guy when they are losing.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I expect an aggressive and massive wave of talent crashing down on our shores the first week of free agency.