Dak is Delusional

Vanilla2

Reaction score
I don’t see dak signing a deal in Dallas unless it’s an absolute monster of a deal. If i was him i would not want to be starting quarterback for this team. I think we are in trouble going forward if he leaves because will we get lucky 3 times in row looking at bargain qbs? I doubt it but i am interested in seeing Stephen try.

Vanilla2

Reaction score
I agree, and if Dak would stop playing these Monopoly money games and he really wants to stay a Cowboy, all he would have to do is tell Jerry give me 50 mil a year and lets call it good. I think Jerry might think about that.

Same with brat CD Lamb.
Don’t side with management. LoL

JBS

Reaction score
What demand has Dak made for his salary? did i miss this? Now if your saying Dak is delusional for thinking he will get big monay in FA and should sign a low deal with the Cowboys now, then that would be an opinion we could actually put to the test this off season...no one knows what or even if Dak has aksed for with the Cowboys.
Nobody knows but this is an outright naive post. It’s more than 50m a year. And it’s probably at least 55m. What the heck does it matter if it’s 51 or 60? It doesn’t matter.

SiCk_DiAbLo

Reaction score
Yea, and the thread starter should of thought about this before posting. But as usual, Dak haters never think before they post. Pretty easy to see that QB's need talent around them to be successful.
Every team has talent around them, it's the NFL, not XFL... :facepalm:

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Maybe so but no way in hell Jerry and Stephen gets a free pass. This crap has been going on long before Dak.
Have you seen the recent Jerry presser clip where he compares himself to Mahomes? He has lost it. It reminds me a lot of our current president. Jerry has lost his marbles but doesn't know it and everyone around him is too invested to say anything.

rambo2

Reaction score
Dak is getting high on his own supply.
He's under the illusion or delusion that he is an Elite QB.
He doesn't understand or refuses to understand that Jerry can't and doesn't want to lock up the cap for a QB that has failed to produce any playoff success.
If he signs him to a long term deal not only will it affect the ability to sign or resign players, it will be a disaster too if the team doesn't have any playoff sucess this season.
The fans will be ready to move on from him and resent Dak and Jerry for doing the deal.
Dak isn't a Force Multiplier type QB where he helps elevate the talent around him. He requires superior talent around him to succeed.
Having Dak at such a high cap rate will hurt in getting the talent necessary to help him succeed. So Jerry doesn't want to commit himself to Dak and continue to be a mid level team. He will likely want to go the route of acquiring and keeping superior talent while having a QB who doesn't eat up so much cap space and could possibly give you the same or better results than Dak.
Better results than Dak? You are delusional.

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
I'm a Dak hater.

But I understand that he will reset the market when he signs.

It won't be in Dallas, thankfully, but there will be a team (probably Vegas or Giants) that will be dumb enough to reset the market for him.

He's not elite. He's not even very good. That will become clear when he leaves Dallas.
I'm not a Dak lover or hater. But those are pretty strong words for NFL MVP runner-up. Is he even worth Tua money to you?

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
Dallas is in a win-win right now. They are either going to a Super Bowl this year or getting a new Qb.
They CANNOT be going to the Suer Bowl. They have lost in the playoffs 3 straight years and have downgraded the talent on the team after every loss.

P.S. - they've lost in the playoffs going on 30 straight years. And it cannot be a win-win withe SAME GM over those 30 years picking the QB

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They CANNOT be going to the Suer Bowl. They have lost in the playoffs 3 straight years and have downgraded the talent on the team after every loss.

P.S. - they've lost in the playoffs going on 30 straight years. And it cannot be a win-win withe SAME GM over those 30 years picking the QB
No kidding. It's a win-win b/c we are getting rid of the loser qb OR going to a Super Bowl. I think the latter is highly unlikely as well. But, I'm happy with either result.

leeblair

Reaction score
I'm a Dak hater.

But I understand that he will reset the market when he signs.

It won't be in Dallas, thankfully, but there will be a team (probably Vegas or Giants) that will be dumb enough to reset the market for him.

He's not elite. He's not even very good. That will become clear when he leaves Dallas.
Whoever gets him will have buyers remorse for years.
That's why I think we should offer him to a perennial challenger and let him help turn their program around.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Something tells me there's at least a few of us who may transfer their loyalty to the Texans.

I'll be watching them closely this year. Mr. Stroud is looking better all the time! 'Nuff said. ;)