Dak is easily confused presnap

Gaede

Reaction score
What's false?

So you're saying it's perfectly normal for a QB that has started for 6 years to be this confused by coverages?

If Dak is still getting fooled on a regular basis by coverages at this point then his football IQ is just low.

All QBs can get confused by disguised coverages. Romo, for example. Didn't hear anyone questioning his IQ though.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
All QBs can get confused by disguised coverages. Romo, for example. Didn't hear anyone questioning his IQ though.
Yes, all QBs get confused by it SOMETIMES, but Dak, for the past 8 or so games has been playing the worst football of his career. That's because Denver did some things differently, others teams took note, and Dak just cannot figure out what to do.

What are you really trying to say?

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well...Dak hasn't been near his best for most of this stretch, so there is that.

However...our highest paid RB in the league has averaged 2.8 ypc and that is with empty boxes, not stacked like the imbeciles are spouting. They are daring us to run while dropping coverage. Clogging passing lanes and making us play short and then our issues are magnified by an unimaginative, inexperienced OC who has been figured out.

To top that off...most teams would combat this by running the ball or dumping it off to their back to chew up chunk of yards. Our RB can't do either.

So you are saying the passing lanes are clogged...but not the running lanes.

While ridiculing others for their lack of football knowledge. :facepalm:

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You Dak haters have to come to the realization that you too would be play the same if you had a nice comfy Sleep Number smart adjustable bed calling you. With sleep tracking technology, temperature sensing , and a bed that adjusts firmness on the whim, its not easy getting your mind off it.

With many different sleep number settings to remember, I think he may have been calling his sleep numbers in the count accidentally.

There is also rumor he was having difficulty using the remote the night before the game and if that's the case, I sympathize with him. Once, he gets this all sorted out, I bet he will be much better this Sunday. Just give him a chance.

So unless you have been there, don't throw the first stone.
Well here is a talented fellow!

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
So you are saying the passing lanes are clogged...but not the running lanes.

While ridiculing others for their lack of football knowledge. :facepalm:
It's always the ones that ridicule others for their lack of football knowledge that either have:

1. Very low knowledge of football themselves.

or

2. Completely biased takes that cloud any actual football knowledge that they may posses.

cffl2323

Reaction score
Aaron Rodgers is the best QB in the league, so comparing him to anyone else isn't fair. We know what we have in Dak, an above average QB who can get us where we want to go but won't drag us there. Even the Packers have had some close calls against inferior teams, and dropped a game to MIN.

Lots of good teams have slipped up this year, some even this week, it's gonna happen. The sky is falling for us, because we're more invested in this team and I assume we all watch every second. Ultimately we lost to a playoff team by 3(one that was thought to be elite not so long ago). I was cussing Dak plenty during the Cardinals game, but I still think he's talented enough for us to compete with anyone.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's obvious to me that D-Coordinator's have figured out that Dak is easily confused with showing one set and jumping into something different before the ball is hiked. Dak needs to know where he is going with the ball pre-snap or it throws his game off. What I don't understand, is how can Aaron Rodgers still get the ball to Adams 10 times a game? How can Burrows get the ball to Chase 10 times a game? But Dak can't get the ball to Cooper or Cee Dee more than 3 times each?? How does Willson get more targets than Cooper and Lamb? Dak will only throw the ball where the pre-snap tells him to go. Rodgers and Burrow have confidence that their #1 receivers will win the battle where Dak will only throw the ball to a wide open receiver.

Teams are making Dak audible out of his first play and switching coverages at the last minute and Dak is confused.

Dak confused....... NEVER!
Look how confident he looks under center....:muttley:

QeMJoJk.gif

JohnsKey19

Reaction score

Dak's IQ is not the problem. I believe they are allowing or asking him to do too much at the LOS. We ran into the same problem with Romo in 2013. It leads to too much chaos and confusion when you're checking in and out of plays damn near every snap up until the final second. Good or creative defensive coordinators are able to use this strategy against you.

blueblood70

Reaction score
It's obvious to me that D-Coordinator's have figured out that Dak is easily confused with showing one set and jumping into something different before the ball is hiked. Dak needs to know where he is going with the ball pre-snap or it throws his game off. What I don't understand, is how can Aaron Rodgers still get the ball to Adams 10 times a game? How can Burrows get the ball to Chase 10 times a game? But Dak can't get the ball to Cooper or Cee Dee more than 3 times each?? How does Willson get more targets than Cooper and Lamb? Dak will only throw the ball where the pre-snap tells him to go. Rodgers and Burrow have confidence that their #1 receivers will win the battle where Dak will only throw the ball to a wide open receiver.

Teams are making Dak audible out of his first play and switching coverages at the last minute and Dak is confused.
no hes not...

Rayman70

Reaction score
Paper Champs since 1996-1997. Led by PT Barnum incarnate and his kid 'Joonya." Best Clown show on Earth.
giphy.gif

MaineBoy

Reaction score
How is it that we're the second leading offense in the league? How is it that we are the #1 scoring team in the league? Obviously Dak's trash and Aaron Rodgers is god, so how are we better as an offense? Explain that because I need a little education.

Those rankings are just based on stats. And those stats are coming largely from our playing inferior opponents. Blowing up losing teams and the NFC East, and padding stats, does not mean we are that good. My God, this offense can’t run the ball and can’t throw deep. Oh, and Aaron Rodgers went on the road to Arizona and beat them - in their own building - while we lost to them at home.

Rayman70

Reaction score
How most of us fans feel about the team, top all the way down.
tumblr_nhw1mnCg3x1qedb29o1_500.gif

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Those rankings are just based on stats. And those stats are coming largely from our playing inferior opponents. Blowing up losing teams and the NFC East, and padding stats, does not mean we are that good. My God, this offense can’t run the ball and can’t throw deep. Oh, and Aaron Rodgers went on the road to Arizona and beat them - in their own building - while we lost to them at home.
Also, Aaron was missing like his top 3 receivers that game too.

Haimerej

Reaction score
Well...Dak hasn't been near his best for most of this stretch, so there is that.

However...our highest paid RB in the league has averaged 2.8 ypc and that is with empty boxes, not stacked like the imbeciles are spouting. They are daring us to run while dropping coverage. Clogging passing lanes and making us play short and then our issues are magnified by an unimaginative, inexperienced OC who has been figured out.

To top that off...most teams would combat this by running the ball or dumping it off to their back to chew up chunk of yards. Our RB can't do either.

The only people I ever see criticizing Moore are the ones trying to protect Dak and Zeke.

blueblood70

Reaction score
and fans like the op and others are confused 24-7..all things being equal, ill take Dak.,:facepalm::muttley::lmao::popcorn: