Dak is here to stay

Diehardblues

Reaction score
There isn’t anything to do about that. We have to build the Offensive Line. I think so many teams need to build their lines there will be a run there.
Dak needs more then we’re providing . Maybe a better QB could get the job done but does it matter.
You’re right. It doesn’t matter. We’re all on with Dak for better or worse. We need to build around him best we can.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
No amount of talent on the offensive line or wr core or rb can turn Dak into a winner.
I think you mean into a champion. Surely we can agree with a winning record he’s a winner of sorts.
Not all winners are champions.

Sorry I just missed realized this thread was 3 weeks old . Someone bumped it.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Us, Dak and Moore have one chance.
Quit trying to make Dak a pocket QB. Dak maybe a serviceable QB if we move him around giving receivers a chance to create separation. Give Dak a less complicated offense easier reads. AND he doesn't need a cannon to be successful.
He is what his scouting report says he is
Get him on the move Obi-Wan it's our only hope.

DeaconMoss

Reaction score
Agree. He isn't going anywhere. Have to build the team around him. We also need to get a quick slot receiver that is reliable to run across the middle (Beasley, Wes Welker, etc). Dak needs that when he isn't seeing the field as a security blanket.

Very disappointed we didn't get Pollard 15-20 touches. Dumb coaching decisions.
Dak needs big Wrs with very large catch radius. He doesn't have the accuracy to hit these small guys. Especially fast ones.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
Maybe so but we have to try
The only way you win with a QB like Dak is with a combination of Free Agency and the Draft and by Free Agency I don't mean finding cheap players. I'm talking about brining in heavy hitters who are free agents. But for that we would need the very average QB to be paid like an average QB.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
Amazing the negative fans but I wonder if they will still be negative if we win a Super Bowl next year.

We are not winning the Super Bowl next year Sandy. Not with the way the offense is and certainly not with a QB who can't hit the broad side of a barn and read a defense to save his life.

Cboyfan4ever

Reaction score
We are not winning the Super Bowl next year Sandy. Not with the way the offense is and certainly not with a QB who can't hit the broad side of a barn and read a defense to save his life.
I know you’re right, but hope you’re wrong.

basel90

Reaction score
There isn’t anything to do about that. We have to build the Offensive Line. I think so many teams need to build their lines there will be a run there.
Dak needs more then we’re providing . Maybe a better QB could get the job done but does it matter.
He is the most dangerous type of QB to have . So mediocre , inconsistent, but liked by his teammates , and by Jerry , which means he is going to fly under the radar and cast blame on everyone but him for the losses ;
First it was the defense is terrible , then it was dez , and lack of good receivers ( Jerry traded a first to get him amari ) , then he got Cee Dee . Then it was we need zeke signed ( Jerry obliged ) , then his contract dispute , then he is hurt , , Covid , new coach , now it is the OL is terrible .. blah blah .

we are definitely stuck .

Acceptablename

Reaction score
The only way you win with a QB like Dak is with a combination of Free Agency and the Draft and by Free Agency I don't mean finding cheap players. I'm talking about brining in heavy hitters who are free agents. But for that we would need the very average QB to be paid like an average QB.
Whatever works

fivetwos

Reaction score
Prescott needs to be a bus driver.

And that's neither news or an insult.

Having to feed the overpaid skill players so the owner doesn't look so bad isn't easy....and a large part of why he is used wrongly.

I still think Prescott could be very effective in the right scheme.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
Prescott needs to be a bus driver.

And that's neither news or an insult.

Having to feed the overpaid skill players so the owner doesn't look so bad isn't easy....and a large part of why he is used wrongly.

I still think Prescott could be very effective in the right scheme.

Right, he needs to be used like Baltimore used Trent Dilfer or Tampa used Brad Johnson. Again not an insult but an acknowledgement that while he has talent he has way too many shortcomings to believe that he can help overcome your deficiencies on offense.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think you mean into a champion. Surely we can agree with a winning record he’s a winner of sorts.
Not all winners are champions.

Sorry I just missed realized this thread was 3 weeks old . Someone bumped it.

A winning record is hardly the benchmark of a top 3 paid QB.